2023 Transfer QBs

I thought about that…but I think Mario believed he could recruit around it. I mean it’s worked up until this point.

Now, I’m in the camp that Rashada flipped because of money, not because of Gattis. Certainly a weird spot to be in if you’re Mario - If something else happens where we get another de-commitment on the offensive side of the ball, maybe you can him. It’s a tough cat and mouse game though, and dangerous.
Gattis has to go, and the only issue is how quickly. There is no way I can see him being here until early signing day 12-22-22 as it will have a major negative impact on the offensive recruiting class, and maybe even the defensive side. Radakovich, Mario and Highsmith should be joined at the hip NOW in finalizing their list of viable OC's that can run a productive offense, have their final candidates lined up before this season is over, and jettison Gattis on November 27th. This is Mario's biggest challenge in his coaching career and he needs to address it and get it right.

Advertisement
You don’t really believe this right?

Parroting Lil Duckie fans isn’t a great look

This is maybe the most baffling discussion to me.

First of all, Mario doesn't develop QBs. He's not a QB coach, he's not an offensive coordinator. But OK, let's just say the entire program and everything that happens within it falls under his umbrella. Fine.

We actually have a perfect example right now. Emory Williams is a 3-star QB recruit, overall ranked #626th in the country. Justin Herbert was a 3-star QB recruit, overall ranked #659th in the country.

If, 4 years from now, Emory Williams wins an ACC Championship, wins a NY6 Bowl Game, and is drafted #6 overall in the NFL Draft.....that's a determent on Mario??? He's a "QB killer"?? What ******* planet are we on? Here on earth, this would be a MASSIVE feather in his cap, the literal exact opposite of something to bag on him for. But you guys let people tell you he kills QBs while taking a 3-star and making him a Top 6 pick. LMAO get a grip.

I thought about that…but I think Mario believed he could recruit around it. I mean it’s worked up until this point.

Now, I’m in the camp that Rashada flipped because of money, not because of Gattis. Certainly a weird spot to be in if you’re Mario - If something else happens where we get another de-commitment on the offensive side of the ball, maybe you can him. It’s a tough cat and mouse game though, and dangerous.
Agreed. I hope its the former and we are able to keep it together until we can free Gattis up to be "successful somewhere else" (Corporate Speak lol). Something is going to have to give in the offseason because it's going to be tougher to recruit the '24 class we keep dropping stink bombs like we are.

Advertisement
Interesting names on this article, I'd like to throw in Riley Leonard from Duke as well as a potential transfer. I know Michael Pratt has been mentioned on this site as well. Feel free to post any names you guys think might enter the portal.

Interesting names on this article, I'd like to throw in Riley Leonard from Duke as well as a potential transfer. I know Michael Pratt has been mentioned on this site as well. Feel free to post any names you guys think might enter the portal.

lol Guy has TVD's perfect fit as Notre Dame.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back