2023 Transfer portal

Advertisement
Assuming Timberlake didn't have a great experience at UM, wonder if that would have any influence on his former DeMatha teammate Young. That DeMatha team was loaded with Hunter ****inson (Michigan) and Justin Moore (Villanova) also there.

Assuming Timberlake didn't have a great experience at UM, wonder if that would have any influence on his former DeMatha teammate Young. That DeMatha team was loaded with Hunter ****inson (Michigan) and Justin Moore (Villanova) also there.

When Earl left, I remember he said something to the effect of, "I still love the Miami staff, but I feel its best for me to move on," or some bs. Not too concerned about that, especially considering he also flamed out at Memphis.

Advertisement

Nigel Pack is a smart young man if true. One thing about Coach L, he lets his PGs boogie. I can understand how some bigs don't see Miami as a desirable spot, but PGs should be clamoring to play here. Larranaga has rarely, if ever, put handcuffs on his PGs. He basically hands them the ball and lets them go to work. I can't recall a single PG who came to Miami over the last 10 years that didn't do well here.

Nigel Pack is a smart young man if true. One thing about Coach L, he lets his PGs boogie. I can understand how some bigs don't see Miami as a desirable spot, but PGs should be clamoring to play here. Larranaga has rarely, if ever, put handcuffs on his PGs. He basically hands them the ball and lets them go to work. I can't recall a single PG who came to Miami over the last 10 years that didn't do well here.

Manu Lecomte, but I generally agree with the point you're making.

Advertisement

Excuse Me What GIF by Nickelodeon

Advertisement
When Earl left, I remember he said something to the effect of, "I still love the Miami staff, but I feel its best for me to move on," or some bs. Not too concerned about that, especially considering he also flamed out at Memphis.
I think you're right. And, it's not like the staff here was holding him back. He was injured and then when he got PT, he just didn't make the most of it. I'm still wondering how a 4 star from a vaunted HS program like DeMatha ends up at Bryant!

Manu Lecomte, but I generally agree with the point you're making.
Manu was stuck between a rock and a hard place. L wanted him to redshirt for Angel's senior year, allowing Newton to be a scorer off the bench. Manu didn't want to and transferred. Ironically enough, he later admitted that L was right, him gaining a bit of weight and redshirting helped him develop. L wanted to keep him around, but he wanted to space it out to where he had 2-3 years of Manu starting instead of less. L also would have loved to keep James Palmer, but he couldn't find minutes for him.

Advertisement
I think you're right. And, it's not like the staff here was holding him back. He was injured and then when he got PT, he just didn't make the most of it. I'm still wondering how a 4 star from a vaunted HS program like DeMatha ends up at Bryant!
Who made him a 4 star? That was the worst eval I've ever seen.

What's interesting is that K-State played him mainly off the ball as a lead scoring guard, despite being on the smaller side. He's a 43+% shooter from 3 so I'm wondering if the plan would be to play Wong more on the ball as a primary ball handler should he return

Advertisement
Back