2023 Recruiting

Advertisement

Scotty Middleton (Patrick School, Elizabeth, NJ/LAB 17U) 6-7 F 2023:
One of the best all-around talents and prospects at the event, Middleton can play a variety of positions and easily projects as a national Top 50-75 player on the low end. He can play on the ball and read defenses or can slash and score effectively. Middleton also can shoot the deep ball and can hit the pull-up three quite well for a young player his size. Patrick School, a FAB 50 ranked club that finished 14-1, was hit by COVID-19 and never really found its stride. According to coach Chris Chavannes, he was the back-up point guard, could play multiple positions and had as good an individual season as anyone on the talent-laden team.

He played at Columbus HS last year. He is a SFL kid.

Scotty is getting ready to announce his final cut of teams. Would love to see Miami in it. He's moved up the national rankings and is solidifying himself as a top 25 prospect. ESPN's most recent rankings have him at #19.

Last edited:

A few more prospects from the state of Florida cracking the top 25 nationally. 2 with direct ties to South Florida. Missing the Bewley twins (sure fire top 20 prospects) who opted to play with OTE. A total of 11 prospects from Florida in the top 100.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Both, #55 Dylan (Winter Haven) and #56 EJ, Jr. (Olympia) are Florida prospects I and others have mentioned here in the past. Would not surprise me the least bit to see one or both of them crack the top 25 list when it' s all said and done. Fortunately, I believe our staff has begun recruiting Dylan, not sure about Jizzle. #34 Parker from Tallahassee is another kid this staff should be recruiting, if they're not yet doing it.

Advertisement

Amadou talked his visits to Marquette and Maryland and a possible visit to Miami.

Miami: “I want to get on a Miami visit. I like the way anybody can put it on the floor and they really play modern basketball. Everybody can catch and shoot and they play positionless basketball.”

Miami: “That relationship is really good, I speak with coach DJ Irving and coach L a lot. They were also both here at this game and yesterday's game. I've been talking to them a lot and our relationship is pretty good. They play really free and express to me that I would be able to play my game but within the system at the same time. They allow a lot of freedom to take shots for their guards.”

Last edited:
Advertisement
I'm interested in seeing if the hiring of Kotie Kimble puts us in play for some top prospects out of the Carolina's. There's got to be at least 10 prospects in 24/7's top 100 from NC or SC.

Edit: He also worked a William & Mary for 7 years, so add Virginia to that mix. Keeping that presence in the DMV is important now that Caputo's gone.

I'm interested in seeing if the hiring of Kotie Kimble puts us in play for some top prospects out of the Carolina's. There's got to be at least 10 prospects in 24/7's top 100 from NC or SC.

Edit: He also worked a William & Mary for 7 years, so add Virginia to that mix. Keeping that presence in the DMV is important now that Caputo's gone.
I think the very public NIL deal Pack got will definitely have the attention of every prospect out there. Aaaand, pretty sure that was the point.

I thought Coach Kimble would surely bring Jahmir Young with him from Charlotte. Now that Pack is on board, I doubt Young is still a possibility for us.

Advertisement

Nike EYBL Session 2 in Indianapolis. 13 of our 16 prospects were at this event for the Class of 2023. The only 3 prospects for our 2024 class so far were there too along with the entire Canes Staff.

Advertisement
Back