2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
Advertisement
The subtle excuses I am starting to see and reasoning IF, again, IF we miss out on big targets is comical. There are no more excuses at this point. You don't break the bank like we did to spend top 5 money on a staff to than say, "well I wasn't expecting him, or he was never coming here, or we need to show it on the field first." That's the same **** being said for 20+ years.

The excuse game is over. If Mario is who everyone believes he is on the recruting front along with the rest of the staff, results need to come immediately on the recruiting front. The field is different, but no excuses on the recruiting front, period!

If schools more irrelevant than UM with less to offer such as Tennessee and Louisville can make waves in the first year of NIL, we better as well. Get the job done.

I agree with this sentiment, but let’s be productive about it.

What are we, as fans, going to do to compete in this new NIL-fueled environment?

The school has already hired a big time coach, given him a big time staff, and we have ONE big time donor.

I see Tennessee has their ducks in a row. They’re going to be over-spenders until they’ve made some strides in their program.

The question is, again, what are we as fans going to do? Or better yet, what can we do?

Less complaining and more solutions. Just crying about it on a message board isn’t going to fix it. Those SEC fans always seem to be willing to do what’s needed to win. Why can’t we do the same?

What are we, as fans, going to do to compete in this new NIL-fueled environment?

The school has already hired a big time coach, given him a big time staff, and we have ONE big time donor.

I see Tennessee has their ducks in a row. They’re going to be over-spenders until they’ve made some strides in their program.

The question is, again, what are we as fans going to do? Or better yet, what can we do?

Less complaining and more solutions. Just crying about it on a message board isn’t going to fix it. Those SEC fans always seem to be willing to do what’s needed to win. Why can’t we do the same?
State law?

State law?

Is that the only thing? Don’t we have business owners all over this community that can make things happen?

We have a lot of Bentley drivers in this *****. Everyone is a Top 1%’er (investor, attorney, doctor, **********…you name it)

Write checks and break necks?

Advertisement

We have much more than one donor contributing towards NIL. Only one is vocal about it and in your face. You don't see the others, but they are there.

And I for sure am not complaining, not at least about the staff. They have plenty of time to bring in a top class. Where I do see a problem is your typical Miami fan ready to make excuses IF and again IF this class isn't as successful as it should be.

As I mentioned before, the days of excuses for a UM staff, when it comes to immediate results recruiting, particularly this one are over. There is no next year anymore. You don't get a top 5 staff when it comes to pay, a full commitment top to bottom to revitalize the football program and get to say we'll do better next year. Or after we show it on the field. Or after we rebuild relationships. The job as far as recruiting needs to get done immediately.

Now this doesn't mean I expect us to land every top target, of course not. That is unrealistic.. But we need our fair share of them.

We have much more than one donor contributing towards NIL. Only one is vocal about it and in your face. You don't see the others, but they are there.

And I for sure am not complaining, not at least about the staff. They have plenty of time to bring in a top class. Where I do see a problem is your typical Miami fan ready to make excuses IF and again IF this class isn't as successful as it should be.

As I mentioned before, the days of excuses for a UM staff, when it comes to immediate results recruiting, particularly this one are over. There is no next year anymore. You don't get a top 5 staff when it comes to pay, a full commitment top to bottom to revitalize the football program and get to say we'll do better next year. Or after we show it on the field. Or after we rebuild relationships. The job as far as recruiting needs to get done immediately.

Now this doesn't mean I expect us to land every top target, of course not. That is unrealistic.. But we need our fair share of them.
All facts

So basically when it comes down to it, you agree with the guy you were arguing with and trading novellas with?

So basically when it comes down to it, you agree with the guy you were arguing with and trading novellas with?

At all. He is justifying recruiting losses over bull**** excuses. Again, those excuses don't belong here anymore.

Advertisement
At all. He is justifying recruiting losses over bull**** excuses. Again, those excuses don't belong here anymore.
Guarantee he agrees that we need to be getting our “fair share” of top prospects, as that is what Mario was brought in to do.

But to act like context doesn’t matter in some recruitments, and that every recruitment in isolation is do or die, is what leads to unrealistic expectations and a lack of patience for someone who has to do a lot of rebuilding.

Guarantee he agrees that we need to be getting our “fair share” of top prospects, as that is what Mario was brought in to do.

But to act like context doesn’t matter in some recruitments, and that every recruitment in isolation is do or die, is what leads to unrealistic expectations and a lack of patience for someone who has to do a lot of rebuilding.

The excuses he gave is attached to every 5 star recruit. Always has been, always will be. All top prospects will have money thrown at them and all will have tons of offers. So those are justifiable reasons to lose out on a recruit? Nah, don't think so.

Again, stop with justifying losses. Call it for what it is. If we win a battle, props to the staff for doing a good job and for doing what they are paid to do. If they prioritize a recruit and lose, they got beat, plain and simple. Do better next time. Call a spade a spade.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I heard he was going to drop a top 5 and that at least one school he OV'ed too would not be in it. So my guess is his top 7 includes all his OV's.

Advertisement
Back