2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

Brah yall will hear stuff from kids mouth yet still persist with the same narrative. The kid said it out of his own mouth, they are not dumb and I point out multiple examples where coaches go in got top recruiting classes all while losing or not winning on some grand level. UGA going 8-5, under Kirby, whatever Jimbo been doing, Texas just did, Mack Brown recruiting some of UNC's best classes. Kids are not punishing coaches like oh you aint win with someone else's roster so im not gonna come there. U bring in 2 or 3 classes and nothing changes, then they will factor it. But they are not doing it in year 1.
Logically it has to make sense. Down programs rise up!! No way they do that if incoming talent cared most about wins and losses.

Advertisement
Tw

O things have little to do with the other. One is straight driven by money and proximity while the other is a winning program. To say that kids in normal circumstances don't care about winning is a lil crazy. Kids are willing to give us benefit of the doubt to an extent because he inherited a hopeless situation from Mandy and he's a proven winner. Big difference from not caring about winning... Winners wanna win. That's always gonna be the case.
They know if they all play together they will win. I get the whole bama business thing cause they rolling. But programs with bad records can recruit a top three class.

Brah yall will hear stuff from kids mouth yet still persist with the same narrative. The kid said it out of his own mouth, they are not dumb and I point out multiple examples where coaches go in got top recruiting classes all while losing or not winning on some grand level. UGA going 8-5, under Kirby, whatever Jimbo been doing, Texas just did, Mack Brown recruiting some of UNC's best classes. Kids are not punishing coaches like oh you aint win with someone else's roster so im not gonna come there. U bring in 2 or 3 classes and nothing changes, then they will factor it. But they are not doing it in year 1.
He also mentioned that the results of Miami’s 2022 season would not be factored into his decision. “[The coaching staff] just there so they really haven’t been able to get their own class in. Can’t really knock on them for having a bad season.”
If you'd like to speak up than atleast work on comprehension. Cause you either would just like to be heard, you didn't understand what I said & you clearly didn't understand what @Dwinstitles & myself we're speaking on. The kid said clear as day he wouldn't hold it against this staff because this isn't there team yet. They haven't got their kids in. That was one of the points of emphasis that kids on a regular do not forgive losing just for the **** of it. So again if you gonna speak up than say what he said. Not what you'd like to. He's forgiving us if we have a bad season cause he knows this was already a bad team & he knows that's not on Mario... If you forgive losing there's factors in play. Whether that's bread or a new staff it's one or the other. By the way not 1 single one of those examples you just mentioned fits the circumstances you just spoke on. Every single one of them is multiple years in to coaching at those spots before they started really pulling kids AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM SPENDS BIG ON RECRUITS. UNC being the smallest of the lott and it was still sizeable amounts pre nil. Lmao. But Koo.

Ok
Logically it has to make sense. Down programs rise up!! No way they do that if incoming talent cared most about wins and losses.
. Fair enough. So please point out examples of down programs being gave a fair shot by blue chip recruits to come in with no intangibles put into play. I'm aware most people don't know who's paying for what so just throw in a educated opinion of blue chip recruits(enough to build a top class) coming in not caring about needing any money or benefits and not caring about losing. 1st year or otherwise if you'd like. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Baylor under briles. I heard they took care of kids to build that but I'm not sure. So I'll use that as only sound example I can think of.

They know if they all play together they will win. I get the whole bama business thing cause they rolling. But programs with bad records can recruit a top three class.
If they spending sure they can. But staffs that been in play and ain't spending ain't gonna get that opportunity. Now with nil everyone got skin in the game but if your staff been around, ain't winning and ain't spending crazy you ain't gonna get those blue chip kids to get classes like that.

Advertisement
If you'd like to speak up than atleast work on comprehension. Cause you either would just like to be heard, you didn't understand what I said & you clearly didn't understand what @Dwinstitles & myself we're speaking on. The kid said clear as day he wouldn't hold it against this staff because this isn't there team yet. They haven't got their kids in. That was one of the points of emphasis that kids on a regular do not forgive losing just for the **** of it. So again if you gonna speak up than say what he said. Not what you'd like to. He's forgiving us if we have a bad season cause he knows this was already a bad team & he knows that's not on Mario... If you forgive losing there's factors in play. Whether that's bread or a new staff it's one or the other. By the way not 1 single one of those examples you just mentioned fits the circumstances you just spoke on. Every single one of them is multiple years in to coaching at those spots before they started really pulling kids AND EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM SPENDS BIG ON RECRUITS. UNC being the smallest of the lott and it was still sizeable amounts pre nil. Lmao. But Koo.
It goes for every staff. We been saying it forever and yet we have cane fans who keep talking bout the recruiting class gonna fall apart if we lose. I disagree and this kid said that. And more of them think like that than whatever you are saying. It's not no special case where they feel like that. It's a general feeling. Just like fans aint calling for coaches to be fired after 1 year. Even though some do, it's usually a minority. I know exactly what you are saying. You're wrong.

Ok

. Fair enough. So please point out examples of down programs being gave a fair shot by blue chip recruits to come in with no intangibles put into play. I'm aware most people don't know who's paying for what so just throw in a educated opinion of blue chip recruits(enough to build a top class) coming in not caring about needing any money or benefits and not caring about losing. 1st year or otherwise if you'd like. Only one I can think of off the top of my head is Baylor under briles. I heard they took care of kids to build that but I'm not sure. So I'll use that as only sound example I can think of.

Miami with Howard 40 years ago. Any 4-5 star recruit we signed since Coker. I am talking preNIL fwiw. Bama was way down before Saban was there, so when they were down they recruited some better players under Saban. Now they are much better. Wouldn't Clemson be the same. Mediocre program turned the corner once they started getting some of those blue chippers!

Assuming that response was for the other guy and not me lol. I’m just a content conduit :)

I understand what @Brooklyndee is saying. The staff roster isn't in place so if we lose recruits know this is his first real class. If this was year four then it would be a harder sell. Also on Leeds podcast I want to mention those kids chose losing games just to have good stats....instead of winning. Just saying a record doesn't mean u can't have an incredible class........TAMU just had an all timer and they haven't done anything.

Advertisement
Wins matter. A new staff will get a honeymoon period where the recruits will come as long as they see recruiting momentum, they like the coaches, and the money is roughly equal, assuming they put in the recruiting effort. But if they continue to lose or be mediocre (see Coker, Shannon, Richt, Diaz) the honeymoon is over and the recruits want a divorce.

Advertisement
3-tech? Or is he an edge?
In a 4-3 he’s a 3T/Inside 4-Tech, in a 3-4 he’s a 5-Tech.

But he has the versatility, quickness & is polished enough as a pass rusher to play as a Strong-Side DE as well.

I believe we’re recruiting him at 3-Tech, but he could equally be as good as a DE on the next level.

Terrific hand-fighting swim, rip & stack technique with really good first step burst, this kid is ELITE.

In a 4-3 he’s a 3T/Inside 4-Tech, in a 3-4 he’s a 5-Tech.

But he has the versatility, quickness & is polished enough as a pass rusher to play as a Strong-Side DE as well.

I believe we’re recruiting him at 3-Tech, but he could equally be as good as a DE on the next level.

Terrific hand-fighting swim, rip & stack technique with really good first step burst, this kid is ELITE.
Gerald McCoy?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back