2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
The subtle excuses I am starting to see and reasoning IF, again, IF we miss out on big targets is comical. There are no more excuses at this point. You don't break the bank like we did to spend top 5 money on a staff to than say, "well I wasn't expecting him, or he was never coming here, or we need to show it on the field first." That's the same **** being said for 20+ years.

The excuse game is over. If Mario is who everyone believes he is on the recruting front along with the rest of the staff, results need to come immediately on the recruiting front. The field is different, but no excuses on the recruiting front, period!

If schools more irrelevant than UM with less to offer such as Tennessee and Louisville can make waves in the first year of NIL, we better as well. Get the job done.

Advertisement
The subtle excuses I am starting to see and reasoning IF, again, IF we miss out on big targets is comical. There are no more excuses at this point. You don't break the bank like we did to spend top 5 money on a staff to than say, "well I wasn't expecting him, or he was never coming here, or we need to show it on the field first." That's the same **** being said for 20+ years.

The excuse game is over. If Mario is who everyone believes he is on the recruting front along with the rest of the staff, results need to come immediately on the recruiting front. The field is different, but no excuses on the recruiting front, period!

If schools more irrelevant than UM with less to offer such as Tennessee and Louisville can make waves in the first year of NIL, we better as well. Get the job done.

Tennessee has less to offer?

Our fans are conditioned to take a defensive approach to recruiting. We have been battered for 20 years, especially the last 10-12. The coaches don't think like that though, and that's good. We freaking out at every insider hinting at X player liking Y school. The Wolves will feast soon enough.

You do realize those schools are overspending right? No one bats 1.000 in recruiting. We are in it for a bunch of prospects, take a step back from the ledge.

Advertisement

Yup seeing it with Mauiga and now potentially Hicks….

Two big time pieces…. Idk who their saving their NIL for but top tier blue chip Oline and Dline players should have at least 60-70% of the budget

My man, I don't have to take a step back anywhere. And you have absolutely zero clue what anyone is spending.

I also never stated that the staff is failing on the recruiting front. I pointed to the fact of a lot of posters already making excuses. And that there are no excuses anymore on the recruiting front, period.

You're kidding, right? How do they compare to UM as far as producing NFL talent? When were they last relevant? How do they stack up to UM academically? Location? I'll wait.

1. I'm talking about NIL, which is the big swinging **** that stirs the drink
2. When was the last time Miami was relevant? Kids don't care about who was drafted before they were born

You guys have got to get your orange and green glasses off. Holy ****. We have a very steep uphill climb to relevancy. Thank god we hired a relentless recruiter and gave him a vault full of cash. It's going to take that, time, and a little luck. We have been REAL bad for basically the entire lives of kids who are being recruited, and to add insult to injury, not only were we bad, we were ******* broke. At least programs who have sucked equally, including Tennessee and a lot of others, have still been relatively able to throw bags at kids. We have sucked for a generation and didn't have a pot to **** in. But that's all changing very soon...however it shouldn't surprise anyone if kids are still deciding to go elsewhere. Mario, or no other coach, gets everyone he wants. King Jesus himself Nick Saban just got poached for an elite Tight End by our own Head Coach 6 months ago. It happens. But the nonsense I read on this site every day as if Miami is the world's most desirable location and kids are ******* braindead for even considering going to any other school is downright comical. Not every recruit is a lifelong Miami Hurricanes fan. People need to understand that.

Advertisement
1. I'm talking about NIL, which is the big swinging **** that stirs the drink
2. When was the last time Miami was relevant? Kids don't care about who was drafted before they were born

You guys have got to get your orange and green glasses off. Holy ****. We have a very steep uphill climb to relevancy. Thank god we hired a relentless recruiter and gave him a vault full of cash. It's going to take that, time, and a little luck. We have been REAL bad for basically the entire lives of kids who are being recruited, and to add insult to injury, not only were we bad, we were ******* broke. At least programs who have sucked equally, including Tennessee and a lot of others, have still been relatively able to throw bags at kids. We have sucked for a generation and didn't have a pot to **** in. But that's all changing very soon...however it shouldn't surprise anyone if kids are still deciding to go elsewhere. Mario, or no other coach, gets everyone he wants. King Jesus himself Nick Saban just got poached for an elite Tight End by our own Head Coach 6 months ago. It happens. But the nonsense I read on this site every day as if Miami is the world's most desirable location and kids are ******* braindead for even considering going to any other school is downright comical. Not every recruit is a lifelong Miami Hurricanes fan. People need to understand that.
What a retarded rant. Jeezus spare us the story next time. Now I am forced to write a story in return to this stupidity.

1. Miami has as much money, if not more than UT as far as NIL is concerned. It is the approach we are taking to spending it that differs.

2. Nobody ever said Miami was relevant recently. Reading comprehension may be something you consider working on. It was clearly stated that if schools who are irrelevant such as UT and UL can have immediate success with NIL for massive recruits, there are no excuses for us when we have the money and according to many on this board a top 5 staff, which neither UT or UL has.

And it's evident, not that you would know since of my limited posting that I am the last person who wears orange and green goggles. I am very aware of what UM has been for the last 20 years, but I am also aware of what UT and UL have been. We have all been irrelevant. Yet we still produce more NFL, are a better acadameic institution and are located in a much more desirable city. Couple that with NIL money and a top 5 staff, again, excuses need to go out the window.

What a retarded rant. Jeezus spare us the story next time. Now I am forced to write a story in return to this stupidity.

1. Miami has as much money, if not more than UT as far as NIL is concerned. It is the approach we are taking to spending it that differs.

2. Nobody ever said Miami was relevant recently. Reading comprehension may be something you consider working on. It was clearly stated that if schools who are irrelevant such as UT and UL can have immediate success with NIL for massive recruits, there are no excuses for us when we have the money and according to many on this board a top 5 staff, which neither UT or UL has.

And it's evident, not that you would know since of my limited posting that I am the last person who wears orange and green goggles. I am very aware of what UM has been for the last 20 years, but I am also aware of what UT and UL have been. We have all been irrelevant. Yet we still produce more NFL, are a better acadameic institution and are located in a much more desirable city. Couple that with NIL money and a top 5 staff, again, excuses need to go out the window.

Excuses for not landing a 5-star recruit with 50 offers who lives in Texas and is being heavily recruited (aka showered with money) by A&M? That's the thread you're posting in. One about David Hicks, going on with clueless and unrealistic drivel about "excuses". Mario will recruit very, very well here. He will not land every kid he wants. He will almost certainly land a very, VERY small percentage of Top 5 national recruits who reside in Texas. Those are not excuses. It's reality. Wake me up when Louisville signs a better class than we do next February. I'll get on your No Excuses soapbox with you.

Excuses for not landing a 5-star recruit with 50 offers who lives in Texas and is being heavily recruited (aka showered with money) by A&M? That's the thread you're posting in. One about David Hicks, going on with clueless and unrealistic drivel about "excuses". Mario will recruit very, very well here. He will not land every kid he wants. He will almost certainly land a very, VERY small percentage of Top 5 national recruits who reside in Texas. Those are not excuses. It's reality. Wake me up when Louisville signs a better class than we do next February. I'll get on your No Excuses soapbox with you.

Please create a GoFundMe page requesting donations for tutoring for reading comprehension, because you **** sure need it.

Did I mention David Hicks by name? Or did I specifically mention "big targets?" I posted in this thread simply because it's the thread I chose to. One of many where posters are already making excuses for "potentially" missing on a target.

So let me ask you this grasshopper, which 5 star recruit, regardless of where they reside is NOT going to get showered with money? Which 5 star recruit does not have 50 offers? Whether it is the current world of NIL or the old ways of bags, you will always face these facts when it comes to 5 star recruits. I mean, based on your idiotic response, we shouldn't expect to land anyone. Or do they have to be only from SFL? If so, what just happened with Brandon Innis? Or was he one of those recruits that was never coming here?

You are the target of my post and the typical excuse maker. Just ready to throw out bull**** reasons why we can't secure this recruit or that one. Don't sit here and claim or crown a staff and say they are the best or one of the best, yet drive down expectations.

Please create a GoFundMe page requesting donations for tutoring for reading comprehension, because you **** sure need it.

Did I mention David Hicks by name? Or did I specifically mention "big targets?" I posted in this thread simply because it's the thread I chose to. One of many where posters are already making excuses for "potentially" missing on a target.

So let me ask you this grasshopper, which 5 star recruit, regardless of where they reside is NOT going to get showered with money? Which 5 star recruit does not have 50 offers? Whether it is the current world of NIL or the old ways of bags, you will always face these facts when it comes to 5 star recruits. I mean, based on your idiotic response, we shouldn't expect to land anyone. Or do they have to be only from SFL? If so, what just happened with Brandon Innis? Or was he one of those recruits that was never coming here?

You are the target of my post and the typical excuse maker. Just ready to throw out bull**** reasons why we can't secure this recruit or that one. Don't sit here and claim or crown a staff and say they are the best or one of the best, yet drive down expectations.

My expectations are Mario Cristobal will sign a Top 10 class this year, and should push towards the Top 5 next year and beyond. That is "one of the best". He is not "the best" recruiter in the country, partly because he does not have "the best" booster network. But he's one of the best, and from everything I've been told, he's surrounded with one of the best booster networks. So I expect one of the best classes. Again, you're crying about Louisville stealing all the high-profile recruits. And Tennessee. Wake me up when they sign better classes than Mario. It's June 23rd and you're turning your nose up at the staff, or the people here who are a little more rational than you and who realize we're not going to sign every big target we're after. That's fine. Sign enough of them to recruit in the Top 10 nationally, coach football effectively, and we'll be just fine as a program.

Advertisement
My expectations are Mario Cristobal will sign a Top 10 class this year, and should push towards the Top 5 next year and beyond. That is "one of the best". He is not "the best" recruiter in the country, partly because he does not have "the best" booster network. But he's one of the best, and from everything I've been told, he's surrounded with one of the best booster networks. So I expect one of the best classes. Again, you're crying about Louisville stealing all the high-profile recruits. And Tennessee. Wake me up when they sign better classes than Mario. It's June 23rd and you're turning your nose up at the staff, or the people here who are a little more rational than you and who realize we're not going to sign every big target we're after. That's fine. Sign enough of them to recruit in the Top 10 nationally, coach football effectively, and we'll be just fine as a program.
Great defletcting. Couldn't answer a single question.

You're kidding, right? How do they compare to UM as far as producing NFL talent? When were they last relevant? How do they stack up to UM academically? Location? I'll wait.
You dont know how much Tennessee is spending.

You dont know how much UM can or is willing to.

You're only propping up your position based off of subjective perceptions and basing it off of evaluations you're not even making on behalf of a staff that knows way more than you.

It will be ok fella. I promise.

Advertisement
You dont know how much Tennessee is spending.

You dont know how much UM can or is willing to.

You're only propping up your position based off of subjective perceptions and basing it off of evaluations you're not even making on behalf of a staff that knows way more than you.

It will be ok fella. I promise.

Lol. I know quite a bit more than you think ole Timmy boy.

And everything is fine over here, I promise. Go take a lap with your 2lb weighted vest.

And everything is fine over here, I promise. Go take a lap with your 2lb weighted vest.
say what modern family GIF by HULU

I'm still living rent free in your head ehh?

Take it easy bud

@OrangeBowlMagic @STG I think both of you have pretty good points. But I do think Mario i gonna get us top 5 classes, it's just that he is fighting a uphill battle, some he will win like flipping Ray Ray from Clemson, some he can't like Innis going outa state. Most of the staffs he is fighting against have been in their position for years in addition to having resources. The man recruited 2 top 7 classes to Oregon, lets not pretend he can't recruit a top 5 class to Miami. It's just that some people are realistic that some relationships are harden in terms of the 2023 class, so yes money matters but it also matters that man had 2, 3 years to work on players.

We will have more traction in 2024 for sure. In saying that I still expect a top 12 class this cycle. But also who knows, it could be much higher, we are in June. I agree with points both of you are making, I think its the time frame that's the division

Advertisement
Back