2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
Advertisement

This new?

At the Big Man Camp in Texas on Sunday, Katy (Texas) Paetow five-star David Hicks informed Turboff that he would make his return trip to South Florida the weekend of June 10-12.

The 6-foot-4, 270-pounder spent three days in Dade County in early March at the beginning of Miami’s spring practice schedule.

Advertisement
Kelly & Moss

Exceptional DL but they’re not tackles. I personally like the Jackson transfer a lot in addition to Taylor. And I like Roberts. Willis as a transfer was super impressive. I still don’t know what was up with him that he never made the league.

But I agree we haven’t landed an elite DT out of HS for a long time. Nesta was a high 4. Other than him got to go back to the widow maker who came in originally as a LB, lol. And before that Marcus Forston. So 2 maybe 3 guys in 15 years.

Exceptional DL but they’re not tackles. I personally like the Jackson transfer a lot in addition to Taylor. And I like Roberts. Willis as a transfer was super impressive. I still don’t know what was up with him that he never made the league.

But I agree we haven’t landed an elite DT out of HS for a long time. Nesta was a high 4. Other than him got to go back to the widow maker who came in originally as a LB, lol. And before that Marcus Forston. So 2 maybe 3 guys in 15 years.
I 100% agree with ur post

Do not like summer official visits with top 100 players. I’m glad we are getting them, but I like the old fashion come to a game visit much better.
I agree. But a kid like this if he’s really interested is absolutely going to come back in the Fall to check out a game. Game atmosphere is an important factor as you said. This OV won’t be the last time he’s on our campus before he decides IMO. (If we wow him on the visit that is. $$$$$$$$$)

Advertisement
This was impressive to me:

“A lot of D-Line coaches have worked in the NFL and have a lot of experience, but it’s good to have that 1-on-1 time with them to see if they can communicate that knowledge to a less experienced player coming out of high school."

That's a kid with his head on straight.
Thought the same. Knowing he needs development is key to developing. Also, competing is a business decision to these 5 stars but if you have faith in your tool box, you will advance more working and getting coaching. Would definitely want kids with this mindset.

John Garcia Jr. from SI Recruiting was on today's Locked On Canes and says the three out of state schools that have the most traction with Hicks right now are Oregon, Michigan State and Miami (his words all schools w/green colors).

Advertisement
Advertisement
Segment on Locked on Canes where Donno covers Hicks. Canesport reporting the Father said they spent most of their time with Mario, Wright, Salave'a and Taylor. Not sure if he didn't list Stroud intentionally or just forgot.

Advertisement
Back