2023 5-star DE Hicks travels to UM for Paradise, impressed by Simpson

View as article
View attachment 181154

Dee off the top rope!

The Untouchables Evolution GIF by Explosive Professional Wrestling
Jesus Christ

Advertisement
You mind if I ask you what you're doing on a Miami sight? Because based on your response I gotta assume you're simply here to troll people. You got no problem mentioning the lack of what Miami produced, yet in the same sentence you spew such stupidity from your mouth that I'm inclined to believe you're 8 days into COVID protocols. You have no problem at all not mentioning the fact Texas a&m has produced jack diddly **** on the interior of a line in general let alone in these kids life spans... So please spare me the dumbshyt as I hear enough of it on the daily as is.
lol yeah because pointing out that Miami's recent history of developing interior linemen -- a topic that you brought up, btw -- might not be a very compelling argument to Shemar Stewart means I must be a troll. obviously, Miami has been a flawless program for the last 20 years and all local 5 stars should want to come here no question, I can't imagine why any of them would want to play in the SEC. they're all idiots for looking at a consistently mediocre program and deciding that maybe they should play elsewhere, and anyone who mentions this is simply a troll.

lol yeah because pointing out that Miami's recent history of developing interior linemen -- a topic that you brought up, btw -- might not be a very compelling argument to Shemar Stewart means I must be a troll. obviously, Miami has been a flawless program for the last 20 years and all local 5 stars should want to come here no question, I can't imagine why any of them would want to play in the SEC. they're all idiots for looking at a consistently mediocre program and deciding that maybe they should play elsewhere, and anyone who mentions this is simply a troll.

Let's keep it apples to apples. Miami DEs v. TAMU DEs. Stewart's not playing for the entire ******* $EC.* And he's not some broken 5* RB or lame, borderline 5* WR with bad hands and low self-esteem. The facts are UM has put DEs into the league recently, and even put them in the league when we have svcked over the last 15 years. Calais Campbell, Allen Bailey, Olivier Vernon, Chad Thomas, Joe Jackson, and Jon Garvin, and most recently Greg Rousseau, Jalean Phillips, and Quincy Roche. Some of those guys definitely underperformed (like Chad Thomas), but many of them are still in the league and cashing NFL checks. I may be missing some scrubs, but all I can recall over that same period for TAMU is Myles Garrett and Von Miller (he was used a lot as a LB in college, but he played some DE, hybrid, and 3-4 rush OLB so I'll count him).

So if we are talking historical, I don't see it as any sort of easy choice. And if we are talking about more recent NFL history, UM should win out.

*For the record, I do not think you are a troll. Honestly. But arguing this sort of false equivalence of UM v. $EC (when the only relevant inquiry is UM's DE production/development v. TAMU's production/development) is precisely the sort of $EC fanboy commentary that opens people up to trolling accusations. Again, your posting history tells me you're a UM fan, but that sort of comment won't lend much support to the claim.

What makes you a troll is the fact you just doubled down on a moronic dispute. Anyone with a brain knows that arguement against Miami, just like anyone with a brain knows the only thing going for a&m is the fact they're in the sec. Because In a far longer time span they produced far less. All of which you conveniently steered clear of again. A&m is THE EPITOME of a mediocre program. If the sec is supposed to be the arguement and your stance is five star kids and why they choose not to go to um who has recently produced significantly more than a&m well these kids have far better options than both previously. So why do you, Mr troll choose to stick up for an inferior program over the one you supposedly support? When yet again NEITHER of them on paper is an ideal landing spot for kids of that caliber...

speaking of consistently mediocre. Texas A&M amirite?

Advertisement
What makes you a troll is the fact you just doubled down on a moronic dispute. Anyone with a brain knows that arguement against Miami, just like anyone with a brain knows the only thing going for a&m is the fact they're in the sec. Because In a far longer time span they produced far less. All of which you conveniently steered clear of again. A&m is THE EPITOME of a mediocre program. If the sec is supposed to be the arguement and your stance is five star kids and why they choose not to go to um who has recently produced significantly more than a&m well these kids have far better options than both previously. So why do you, Mr troll choose to stick up for an inferior program over the one you supposedly support? When yet again NEITHER of them on paper is an ideal landing spot for kids of that caliber...
to answer your question: the fact that Texas A&M and Miami have both been consistently mediocre programs should be a clue to everyone that these arguments about which school is logically better for Shemar are a useless exercise, because if track record of player development really mattered to him he would've just gone to Bama or Georgia. Both Shemar himself and DMoney have said that A&M won out because he had longer relationships with that staff than he did ours, and despite all the conspiracy theories, that explanation makes total sense to me. Recruiting is a battle of relationships and our previous staff put us in a poor position to win this one.

Both Miami and Texas A&M, btw, have agreed upon the same solution to their problems: hiring a head coach w/ a track record of elite recruiting and wins on the field and then putting as much money behind that coach as possible. Going forward, I have no doubt that we will win as many battles against Texas A&M as we lose but I don't think it's very hard to figure out why we didn't win the one for Shemar.

Our recent history is that we had 2 players LAST draft picked in the FIRST round that play his position. Our current coach(es) also have one that is literally about to be a top 5 pick and plenty of others. So we are asking you what you think TAMU has done in the last 3-5 years that justifies you ****ting all over the team you supposedly support? Cause from what I see, Miami has had more players drafted at DE in 2020-2021 than TAMU has had since 2010. If we are arguing over DTs, I would agree say that TAMU having a 3rd rounder and 3 4th rounders picks since 2010 against Miami's the 5th rounder and 7th rounder is better but hardly worth the argument.

There's an argument to make if we were talking about a team that has a history of putting players at his position early in the draft, but to argue with fans that Miami hasn't been great the last 20 years at a certain position by comparing it to a team that has done arguably worse should easily be construed as trolling.

to answer your question: the fact that Texas A&M and Miami have both been consistently mediocre programs should be a clue to everyone that these arguments about which school is logically better for Shemar are a useless exercise, because if track record of player development really mattered to him he would've just gone to Bama or Georgia. Both Shemar himself and DMoney have said that A&M won out because he had longer relationships with that staff than he did ours, and despite all the conspiracy theories, that explanation makes total sense to me. Recruiting is a battle of relationships and our previous staff put us in a poor position to win this one.

Both Miami and Texas A&M, btw, have agreed upon the same solution to their problems: hiring a head coach w/ a track record of elite recruiting and wins on the field and then putting as much money behind that coach as possible. Going forward, I have no doubt that we will win as many battles against Texas A&M as we lose but I don't think it's very hard to figure out why we didn't win the one for Shemar.

Can you please tell me, specifically, where @DMoney said/wrote this?
I honestly do not remember him saying/writing that, and everyone else that I have communicated with about this has said something very, very different.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. D did mention it in the same thread he posted this: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/shemar-stewart-goes-a2m.175127/post-5743756

Last edited:
Advertisement
Can you please tell me, specifically, where @DMoney said/wrote this?
I honestly do not remember him saying/writing that, and everyone else that I have communicated with about this has said something very, very different.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it. D did mention it in the same thread he posted this: https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/shemar-stewart-goes-a2m.175127/post-5743756

I get why people want to believe that Shemar was pushed there by his handler or had all these thoughts put it in his head about why Miami is bad and Texas A&M is good, but the fact of the matter is they had a great recruiting staff and a bunch of high level kids consistently on him for years, and we were playing catch up after Mario was hired trying to fit two years of recruitment into two months. It is what it is.

Last edited:

I get why people want to believe that Shemar was pushed there by his handler or had all these thoughts put it in his head about why Miami is bad and Texas A&M is good, but the fact of the matter is they had a great recruiting staff and a bunch of high level kids consistently on him for years, and we were playing catch up after Mario was hired trying to fit two years of recruitment into two months. It is what it is.
Who is this guy and why has he/she/it been allowed to hijack this thread?

What is the word on Hicks? Rivals just posted an article and didn't even name us as an option.

Advertisement
Wiltfong is hesitant with us too. Feels like it pains him to frame us as favorites with anybody.
Its easier to say that it pains these guys to give us credit rather than face the truth that we have just been after thoughts for legitimate reasons going on 2 decades. We are always at least somewhat in the picture for SFLA and Florida kids but its not far fetched to think we aren't in the picture for a recruit like Hicks. I think we are, but Im a fan, and I think this time is actually different, but once again.... to be fair, Im 0-3, many on this site are 0-4.

Advertisement
Rivals never mentions us with the top recruits
The biggest part of the subscriber base is likely the SEC Schools and the Ohio State/Clemsons of the world. It doesn't generate clicks to give Miami credit and helps keep the SEC slurping going on to always focus on those schools. I was in a Psych class last year with a kid who did a paper on the psychology behind media involvement in sports. It was an awesome paper that talked about ESPN buying the rights to the SEC games and how it benefits them and their underling companies to boost recruiting rankings of SEC schools, boost team rankings in the polls, give more airtime to SEC schools, etc....

Until we start winning consistently and become a "hot" name again, don't expect to get any credit from any of the national media outlets.

It's especially bad this year. Like, they know Mario (+Ruiz) is going to make a huge difference down here. They're trying to diminish us as much as they can, even had an article about if Mario was underwhelming so far. Like, seriously???
that was the most ridiculous article I've read recently. Rivals stinks

The biggest part of the subscriber base is likely the SEC Schools and the Ohio State/Clemsons of the world. It doesn't generate clicks to give Miami credit and helps keep the SEC slurping going on to always focus on those schools. I was in a Psych class last year with a kid who did a paper on the psychology behind media involvement in sports. It was an awesome paper that talked about ESPN buying the rights to the SEC games and how it benefits them and their underling companies to boost recruiting rankings of SEC schools, boost team rankings in the polls, give more airtime to SEC schools, etc....

Until we start winning consistently and become a "hot" name again, don't expect to get any credit from any of the national media outlets.
the largest fan base on the 247 site is UNC..... They had an article on it a year or so ago....

that was the most ridiculous article I've read recently. Rivals stinks
Ferman even acknowledged they don't agree with a lot of the stuff Rivals has been posting, especially when they post on the Canesport board trying to say we're not in it with any top guys. Even he seemed to hint that Canesport might be breaking away as soon as the contract allows.

Advertisement
Back