2023-24 Canes Hoops Schedule

Advertisement
wonder why miami v colorado is at the barclays center? any reason? im thrilled it is bc im in PA. jw why.

Edit: Seen its part of triple header. If anyone sees when tickets are released & sees this post please lmk.

Last edited:
wonder why miami v colorado is at the barclays center? any reason? im thrilled it is bc im in PA. jw why.

Edit: Seen its part of triple header. If anyone sees when tickets are released & sees this post please lmk.
Haven't had this interesting a conundrum with a Canes Hoops road trip game in a long time. Was debating between the Bahamas and Lexington but my sister (a Pedo State grad) lives in Brooklyn so now this tilt is in play too.

First round on me if I end up doing that one. We can toast the State College Cult continuing to embarrass themselves about Saint Joe.

Haven't had this interesting a conundrum with a Canes Hoops road trip game in a long time. Was debating between the Bahamas and Lexington but my sister (a Pedo State grad) lives in Brooklyn so now this tilt is in play too.

First round on me if I end up doing that one. We can toast the State College Cult continuing to embarrass themselves about Saint Joe.
You got it brother. Yeah this one was quite the surprise. Last canes bball game I got to was the one in Reading for Lonnie. Got a picture with Bruce Brown that day & we won.

Advertisement

Robinson has been on more posters than games at Miami.
Not exactly Murderous row but that is expected.
Prediction: 8-3

If they are as good as some people think, the record will be better.
If not and the record is below that then the season may not go as some people planned.
3 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances has only happened once under Coach L and this team doesn't resemble the same formula that go him there previously.

If not and the record is below that then the season may not go as some people planned.
3 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances has only happened once under Coach L and this team doesn't resemble the same formula that go him there previously.

What do you feel is missing?

4 out of our top 6 players return from last season's Final 4 team. I expect Wooga to take that next step in his game and possibly be one of the top scorers in the ACC this coming season. I have no doubt Pack and Omier will also improve and give us double digit ppg once again and I think Joseph will also join that club. Add the transfer (Matt Cleveland) from fsu and we have the makings of one of the top starting 5's in the ACC. And if early reports out of the Watsco regarding the European freshmen (George) are accurate we could see another UM squad making a run in March. And if we can get the other freshmen or returnees from last season to be major contributors -- look out! I think it'll be difficult to repeat the level of success we've had the past 2 seasons, but I don't think it's doom and gloom as some are portraying. This squad has all the makings of a 20-win team that'll go dancing come tournament time.

4 out of our top 6 players return from last season's Final 4 team. I expect Wooga to take that next step in his game and possibly be one of the top scorers in the ACC this coming season. I have no doubt Pack and Omier will also improve and give us double digit ppg once again and I think Joseph will also join that club. Add the transfer (Matt Cleveland) from fsu and we have the makings of one of the top starting 5's in the ACC. And if early reports out of the Watsco regarding the European freshmen (George) are accurate we could see another UM squad making a run in March. And if we can get the other freshmen or returnees from last season to be major contributors -- look out! I think it'll be difficult to repeat the level of success we've had the past 2 seasons, but I don't think it's doom and gloom as some are portraying. This squad has all the makings of a 20-win team that'll go dancing come tournament time.
Agree 100% - also Casey was a major contributor in France.

Advertisement

LOL, you have us to losing to any non conference team with a pulse. This roster is much better than the 16/17 and quite frankly the 17/18 team, especially once Brown got lost for the season.

"Some" aren't portraying doom and gloom. It's one guy lol

Doom & Gloom? We're ******* loaded lol

Surprised no Ivy League games this year. Glad they get Kentucky otherwise this would be a total stinker. And I reemphasize, Radakovich needs to find a way to get a game with FAU. Come on make it happen.

Advertisement
Surprised no Ivy League games this year. Glad they get Kentucky otherwise this would be a total stinker. And I reemphasize, Radakovich needs to find a way to get a game with FAU. Come on make it happen.
I imagine they don't want to play FAU because beating them doesn't prove much, but losing to them would be a huge win for their program.

Why are people assuming we ducked FAU? We've played them before, even played @FAU 2 years ago.

It takes 2 teams to schedule a game. Coach L might have tried and they said no or the scheduling didn't work. I don't get the obsession on this board with complaining (and somehow being sure its Miami's fault) that FAU isn't on the schedule.

Why are people assuming we ducked FAU? We've played them before, even played @FAU 2 years ago.

It takes 2 teams to schedule a game. Coach L might have tried and they said no or the scheduling didn't work. I don't get the obsession on this board with complaining (and somehow being sure its Miami's fault) that FAU isn't on the schedule.
Umm no I’m not blaming anyone, more so encouraging Rad to make this happen. Not saying Miami ducking anyone but what I will say is recent history, Miami’s non con is pretty awful. Very glad they get Kentucky to make up for no ACC/Big challenge which likely would have gotten them a marquee this year.

And to my previous post, there’s no argument the last 5+ yrs or so have had dang near every Ivy school on it. I want to say at least 1 yr had multiple Ivy games.

Advertisement
Umm no I’m not blaming anyone, more so encouraging Rad to make this happen. Not saying Miami ducking anyone but what I will say is recent history, Miami’s non con is pretty awful. Very glad they get Kentucky to make up for no ACC/Big challenge which likely would have gotten them a marquee this year.

And to my previous post, there’s no argument the last 5+ yrs or so have had dang near every Ivy school on it. I want to say at least 1 yr had multiple Ivy games.

The schedule is already made, and I don't think they can add another game to get FAU on the schedule. Also, I don't believe the non-conference schedule is awful. I think the home games in the non-conference are terrible, but there are some competitive games in the non-conference.

These games should be competitive:
UCF
Georgia
Kansas State
Providence
Kentucky
Colorado

We’ll see the Owls in the field of 68.

It’s not about us clamoring to play them, they should be the ones begging us for a game...

They’ve got to prove their Cinderella season wasn’t a fluke, we just have to keep doing what we been doing.

If they’re really legit, we’ll go see them when the stakes are high & there’s more on the line than just interstate bragging rights.

I'm glad there are no Ivy League opponents. They are always primed to upset major conference teams. We were **** lucky to beat Cornell last season. Usually very good shooting teams from the three point arc.

Advertisement
Back