2023-24 Canes Hoops Schedule

Advertisement

Double post, because he deserves the recognition...

Peep Coach L and the company he's in...

Donald Trump State Of The Union 2019 GIF by MSNBC

Updated preseason rankings: Canes sitting at #16 in the AP Top 25

Updated Bracketology: Lunardi has the Canes trending up as an 8 seed

Lunardi is always brutal on Miami.

Advertisement
To help the NET and bid chances, playing teams who may wind up with a poor overall record will hurt (UCF is likely to get steam rolled In the Big XII given last year's depth continuing). I like the idea of FAU as stated earlier. They are likely to rack up 25-30 wins in the American. Even in the worst case scenario of a loss it will be a team with a top 30 NET and has the respect by It would be nationally televised on ESPN in the 7 or 8pm slot.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah, he's a **** good coach. These lists are always subjective but some are just head scratchers.

It is, though.

Look at Ellis atop the list with 906, 78 from NAIA.

Pitino won 834 games, 123 are vacated.

Instead of Pitino being number one, he's eighth, go figure.

Sorry about the Izzo confusion; that's where I was going with that post.

I am surprised Izzo is so far down that list.
Izzo wasn't a head coach until the 95-96 season. Aside from Self and Few, everyone ahead of Izzo on the list was a head coach in the 80s and even Self started two seasons before Izzo did.

Cliff Ellis has a big head start on everyone on this list as he started his head coaching career in the early 70s.

Advertisement
No the rest will be against the Ivy League, Miami plays about 2 of those each year for some reason
Do they though? Have we played 2 Ivy league schools any year recently? And there's about 5 or 6 maybe more games needed for the OOC portion of the schedule. It prob will be UNF quality mostly. Bunch of cupcakes.

Advertisement
Back