2023-24 Canes Hoops Schedule

Advertisement
What's been what way for years? Why would the Big 12 want UCF? I don't get it.
christmas vacation GIF

I just feel like UCF doesn't really make sense with how strong the Big 12 is. Idk seems like a strange fit. But I just saw they're adding other teams too like Houston and Cincy.
Remember, they are losing Texas and OK, not saying UCF is at that level but they aren't horrible in the 3 main sports, so the Big 12 is just trying to survive.

Advertisement

That UCF is joining the Big 12. Not sure where you've been.

Doesn't matter if you get it or not, it's happening.

UCF is the second-largest school in the country and they are in a Top 20 market. If you can't understand why that makes UCF one of the most attractive (previously) non-P5 options out there, then I don't know what to tell you.

My one and only knock on basketball is our home non conference schedule is always trash.

When reading the names, casual fans will not know more that 2 teams we play. That’s has got to change to get the fans involved before the ACC schedule kicks in.

We should play UF every year in basketball. I think you have to FAU on the home schedule next year.

This team needs to be tested next year going into March and we need to have the OOC schedule goo enough to get a 1 seed.

large school, basically p5 in football success (they would have beat us each year the last four), has had a decent basketball program for a few years. its a no brainer for the b12

That UCF is joining the Big 12. Not sure where you've been.

Doesn't matter if you get it or not, it's happening.

UCF is the second-largest school in the country and they are in a Top 20 market. If you can't understand why that makes UCF one of the most attractive (previously) non-P5 options out there, then I don't know what to tell you.
them, UC, and HOU are all going to the b12. theyre pretty much p5 but g5 in name only until now.

Advertisement
Remember, they are losing Texas and OK, not saying UCF is at that level but they aren't horrible in the 3 main sports, so the Big 12 is just trying to survive.
theyre good in football, theyre meh in baseball, and theyre okay in basketball. their football program is def on par with a p5. theyre in a good recruiting base with a HUGE student enrollment and a growing fanbase that they developed in Orlando.

theyre good in football, theyre meh in baseball, and theyre okay in basketball. their football program is def on par with a p5. theyre in a good recruiting base with a HUGE student enrollment and a growing fanbase that they developed in Orlando.

That's like us now... meh in football and baseball, good in basketball.

Advertisement
them, UC, and HOU are all going to the b12. theyre pretty much p5 but g5 in name only until now.

True. That's all I was saying. Not sure why the jump to the Big 12 is so surprising.

We played both UCF and Houston this year. Beat 'em both. Wasn't easy.

Advertisement
If we didn’t have L and maybe Mario we’ll see there, I’d be worried that Ucf would pass us a program w the jump. Now not so much

We still need to address that TV deal...Coach L ain't gonna live forever...

Would love another P5 or High end mid major involved such as:

- Indiana
- Tennessee
- Saint Mary’s
- Xavier
- Alabama
- North Texas
- Oklahoma
- Michigan
- UF

I would love to see our Non-Con Strengthen up.

Our ACC schedule will be (order TBD)

Repeats: FSU - VTECH - BC - Clemson - ND - UNC

Home only: DUKE - GTECH - LOUISVILLE - PITT

Away Only: NC STATE - SYRACUSE - UVA - WAKE FOREST

I would love to try to get a few more solid teams for our non conference such as:

@/Vs - UF
Vs - FAU
Vs - Charleston
Vs - USF
@/Vs - Ohio State
Vs - MICH State
Vs/@ - West Virginia
Vs - Georgia
Vs - Gonzaga
@/Vs - Kentucky
Vs - UAB
Vs/@ - Memphis
Vs - Creighton
Vs - Oral Roberts
@/Vs - Oregon
@/Vs - USC
Vs - St Johns
@/Vs - Iowa

If we were able to schedule like 2-3 of the teams above those would all be great resume building games that can also help us get more National respect INCASE the ACC is **** on all over again.
The ONLY reason the ACC got crapped on is because Duke and UNC weren’t at the top. If you would have taken our resume and put Duke’s name next to it, we would have easily been a 3 seed. No amount of OOC scheduling fixes that. Keep in mind, we DEMOLISHED the ACC in 2012, beat Michigan State OOC, still wasn’t a 1 seed, the only double dip ACC team to not be since the field expanded.

I would love some additional marquee OOC games, but the big names tend to not want to play schools like Miami they only want to play the other big names, or teams they should easily beat. Maybe ESPN steps up and helps us out like they did when we played Kentucky years ago, but that isn’t likely.

Advertisement
Back