2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Advertisement
Decision has been made bc LIKE I TOLD YOU EARLIER IN THIS THREAD....the dollars are so so so so much better now. I tried to tell you...you did not want to listen and gave me examples of old *** Olympians...we are in 2020 and I am telling you this from direct knowledge.

Then why is he beating professionals? Was Tamari Davis beating professionals...she still went pro right? You're looking like a real hater.

You mean play cfb for FREE, go to the combine for FREE, hope he gets drafted to make what exactly? When he can go pro at 17 and make great money (maybe even more) by the time he is 21-22 than he would in his first NFL contract...assuming he isn't a #1 overall pick.

Yall love telling our kids to go and do the free **** that make other folks money....it's time to get paid...fck cfb and "the system" when you're running that fast.
There’s no hate at all bro. I’m a fan of him and the sport. If you don’t wanna hear the truth that’s fine. 10.29 ain’t sh** in 100 and 20.33 isn’t making any Professional US teams. For his age both times are elite but there are no age groups in professional track. He has to lineup and beat Noah Lyles who’s run the 4th fastest time ever. 20.33 wont even sniff the finals of the US championship. It’s an amazing feat for a high schooler but he’s still barely top 20 in the 200 for US runners only. He has to start thinking bigger. Where does he stack up worldwide.

At the World Championships/Olympics you’re racing grown men and the rounds are brutal. He’s not ready.

stop this nonsense about making money. He’s not signing any serious contracts running these times. Even if he got a 25k signing bonus and a 50k salary, is that money or is he just another dude making 75k? He needs to break 20 and ideally break 10 before we start talking about contracts. He’s not doing anything I haven’t seen before. Celebrate the fact he’s made it into an elite group but There’s so much work to be done. Let this kid have fun and enjoy the process. Don’t gas him up talking about running pro or Olympics until he does something to show he’s that guy. Make the finals at the US trials next year and contend. There’s levels to this sh** and he hasn’t raced anyone on the level he’s trying to get too. I’m not saying he won’t make it. If anyone’s got a chance it’s him.

Cashing in checks in track over getting your degree and grinding to make it to NFL doesn’t make sense to me. Last time I checked a 4th round pick still gets a signing bonus well over 500k.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Decision has been made bc LIKE I TOLD YOU EARLIER IN THIS THREAD....the dollars are so so so so much better now. I tried to tell you...you did not want to listen and gave me examples of old *** Olympians...we are in 2020 and I am telling you this from direct knowledge.

Then why is he beating professionals? Was Tamari Davis beating professionals...she still went pro right? You're looking like a real hater.

You mean play cfb for FREE, go to the combine for FREE, hope he gets drafted to make what exactly? When he can go pro at 17 and make great money (maybe even more) by the time he is 21-22 than he would in his first NFL contract...assuming he isn't a #1 overall pick.

Yall love telling our kids to go and do the free **** that make other folks money....it's time to get paid...fck cfb and "the system" when you're running that fast.
I tried to tell them he was Xavier carter, he doesn't even look like he is gonna be that as he is already starting the focus on track. Smart decision imo with the times he is running already

thats some racist **** right there.
It definitely goes in that direction as to generalizing and stereotyping. Not sure that it crosses into infraction with that but if it escalates it could. My gut says delete it all and avoid further fallout.

Please tell me more about my inferior athletic culture and ethnicity.
I’ve been in this country since I was 5 and lived in Brooklyn Houston Miami San Diego amd Los Angeles.
I served in the Marines and had friends that were high school and college athletes.
Don’t recall any of them saying they knew a bunch of dudes that where 6’3 and ran 4.4.
Ive met plenty of athletes that lied about how fast and how strong they are.
Are there a lot of 5’9-6’1 sprinters that run a 4.4? Absolutely. But when your talking about 6’3-6’4 range that run that fast they don’t grow on trees.
You hardly ever see that in the nfl.

If your implying about Colombia not having athletes I would direct you to our own Xavier restrepo who’s parents are both Colombian.
if you want professional athletes I can post a bunch of videos of Colombian soccer players in the best European leagues. Some are white and some are black.
Falcao lead the Spanish league in goals a few years ago. Duvan Zapata (a 6’1 black man) who has the same last name as me lead the Italian league in goals 2 years ago.
Your comment is ignorant AF.
Definitely a stereotypical comment you’re responding to. I’m deleting it but I do appreciate your response and your service.

Definitely a stereotypical comment you’re responding to. I’m deleting it but I do appreciate your response and your service.
I know there are rules on this board but for the record I didn’t report him nor pm anyone about his comment. Nor am I asking for any bands or points. If those are the rules I have no control over it.
He’s a grown man and his personal beliefs that I can’t change. But I sure as **** wasn't going to stay quiet about it.

Advertisement
I know there are rules on this board but for the record I didn’t report him nor pm anyone about his comment. Nor am I asking for any bands or points. If those are the rules I have no control over it.
He’s a grown man and his personal beliefs that I can’t change. But I sure as **** wasn't going to stay quiet about it.
Bro, I know and I also don’t blame you at all. I think you were very appropriate in the given situation. I just wanted to try to head off what he started with the original comment.

There’s no hate at all bro. I’m a fan of him and the sport. If you don’t wanna hear the truth that’s fine. 10.29 ain’t sh** in 100 and 20.33 isn’t making any Professional US teams. For his age both times are elite but there are no age groups in professional track. He has to lineup and beat Noah Lyles who’s run the 4th fastest time ever. 20.33 wont even sniff the finals of the US championship. It’s an amazing feat for a high schooler but he’s still barely top 20 in the 200 for US runners only. He has to start thinking bigger. Where does he stack up worldwide.

At the World Championships/Olympics you’re racing grown men and the rounds are brutal. He’s not ready.

stop this nonsense about making money. He’s not signing any serious contracts running these times. Even if he got a 25k signing bonus and a 50k salary, is that money or is he just another dude making 75k? He needs to break 20 and ideally break 10 before we start talking about contracts. He’s not doing anything I haven’t seen before. Celebrate the fact he’s made it into an elite group but There’s so much work to be done. Let this kid have fun and enjoy the process. Don’t gas him up talking about running pro or Olympics until he does something to show he’s that guy. Make the finals at the US trials next year and contend. There’s levels to this sh** and he hasn’t raced anyone on the level he’s trying to get too. I’m not saying he won’t make it. If anyone’s got a chance it’s him.

Cashing in checks in track over getting your degree and grinding to make it to NFL doesn’t make sense to me. Last time I checked a 4th round pick still gets a signing bonus well over 500k.
Wow, I just found this thread. Brother, you’re preaching the gospel and the rest of these posters need to learn when they’re out of their element and just read, don’t comment, just read. Sadly, it’s more dire than you’ve written. There are top Americans, some who’ve made teams, who don’t have shoe contracts. One area you missed were appearance fees … but you nailed everything else.

10.29 is exceptional for a 15/16 year old but he’d never make the US Olympic/WC team. with 10.29 PB. NEVER. Like you’ve written: it’s the rounds, not the PB’s.

A kid from Indonesia ran 10.18 to win World Juniors and beat Schwartz (10.220 in 2018.
2016 Noah Lyles 10.17
2014 10.21
2012 10.05
2010 10.21
2008 10.40

And those are Under 19 athletes, not the professionals.

If the kid wants to make life changing money he should stick to football. Put the work in and with his speed someone will take a chance.

Wow, I just found this thread. Brother, you’re preaching the gospel and the rest of these posters need to learn when they’re out of their element and just read, don’t comment, just read. Sadly, it’s more dire than you’ve written. There are top Americans, some who’ve made teams, who don’t have shoe contracts. One area you missed were appearance fees … but you nailed everything else.

10.29 is exceptional for a 15/16 year old but he’d never make the US Olympic/WC team. with 10.29 PB. NEVER. Like you’ve written: it’s the rounds, not the PB’s.

A kid from Indonesia ran 10.18 to win World Juniors and beat Schwartz (10.220 in 2018.
2016 Noah Lyles 10.17
2014 10.21
2012 10.05
2010 10.21
2008 10.40

And those are Under 19 athletes, not the professionals.

If the kid wants to make life changing money he should stick to football. Put the work in and with his speed someone will take a chance.
Great point about appearance fees.

That’s what I’m saying Anthony Schwartz ran the 5th fastest US high school time ever. He thought he was the biggest and baddest then at the Junior World Championships he was upset by some random dude.

Schwartz was a good as high schooler but nothing crazy. You could say the same thing about him now but with that speed he’ll make some plays at Auburn then kill the combine and get drafted. That kind of speed is a precious commodity that can’t be taught. Erriyon has that potential. For goodness sakes he’s at top 150 recruit. This seems like an easy decision unless he just loves track that much. Rooting for him regardless

Advertisement
Advertisement

Dude shut your dumb *** up. You don’t have a MF clue. Zero clue..running your hater a$$ mouth bc you accomplished nothing in track & field.

mad that a 16 year old has passed you already. Sit down

Dude shut your dumb *** up. You don’t have a MF clue. Zero clue..running your hater a$$ mouth bc you accomplished nothing in track & field.

mad that a 16 year old has passed you already. Sit down
Lol okay don’t listen to the guy who’s ran 10.3 in 100 and is friends with multiple Olympians both past and present Because I’m a hater haha. I’m a grown man with a great career. I want nothing more than kids to be successful. I just hate when they have idiots like you in their life telling them bullsh**, influencing them into stupid decisions. I hope like **** he tunes people like you out. Do better! Be better and listen to people who know more about things than you. Don’t be a sucka

Advertisement
Back