2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Advertisement
Advertisement
@caneinorlando I agree with your argument, however @AUcane has the better avatar! :p
I have some that'll blow that away...but that's for another day....back to the Topic...Rusty was 230lbs soaking wet...what I saw him do against Nebraska hasn't been replicated since....thats 28yrs of some Excellent DEs.....and that was against an EXCELLENT 92 Nebraska OL....Not the 2001 Nebraska OL, which was mediocre in comparison..

No DE....and you can make an argument about any D-Lineman, had a Motor like Rusty98.....Dude came screaming around the end like a Madman...and to do it at 230lbs...is even more incredible...

Advertisement
Nope. Its a sticky situation as far as endorsements go though as most of your Olympic athletes need them to train and are not part of major professional sports. Remember when the skier, Jeremy Bloom, wasnt allowed to accept any kind of skiing endorsements when playing football @ colorado?
Marquise Goodwin. Competed in the 2012 London Games. Played the 2012 CFB season for Texas. Drafted by Buffalo in 2013.

6'3 170lbs 4-star WR out of Tampa goes to 6A school Hillsborough.

Dual sport athlete that plays football & runs track.

Is a world class sprinter that clocked a 10.4 flat earlier this year back in February & a 10.67 last year, also clocked a 20.8 in the 200m in 2020 & 21.39 in 2019, plus a 47.3 in the 400m.

ELITE world class Olympic speed, tall long stride blazer with lightning quick breakaway speed in the open field. He's goes from 0-60 in an instant coming out of his release off the line with explosive burst & roadrunner feet, gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness. The Post route @1:25 was nice, did a good job stemming with inside leverage & creating separation at the top of the route. Is an electric playmaker with the ball in his hands, can play traditional X-WR or be moved around to the Y-Slot, dangerous home run hitter that can take the top off of the Defense & stretch the field. Dynamic return man as a KR/PR'er as well.

Has the kind of speed we missed out on with Anthony Schwartz, but reminds me of former USF WR Marquez Valdes-Scantling who was also a tall sprinter with 4.37 speed from just across the Gandy bridge in St. Petersburg.

Goes to Hillsborough which is a school that has produced some good football players & Legendary Baseball players.

- Miami DE Andrew Williams
- Miami LB Maurice Crum
- Purdue CB Anthony Brown (current Dallas Cowboy)
- USF LB Nigel Harris
- USF RB Lindsey Lamar
- USF FS JR Reed
- Syracuse RB Chris Davis
- Syracuse CB Kevin Abrams
- Illinois WR Jarred Fayson

Baseball players:

- Gary Sheffield, former Marlin, Brave, Yankee, Met etc, hit over 500 Homers, was a 9x All-Star, 5x Silver Slugger & should absolutely be a HOF'er. (Is one of my favorite players of all time, legendary swing)
- Dwight Gooden (Sheffy's Uncle), former Mets & Yankees pitcher, Cy Young winner & 4x All-star with 3 World Series championships.
- Carl Everett, former Marlin, Met, White Sox etc, 2x All-star & was pivotal power hitter for the White Sox 2005 World Series team.
- Elijah Dukes, former Rays & Nationals OF.
- Chris Ray, former Orioles pitcher.

Is a 4-star with a 92 composite rating with high upside. Will be a kid that blows up once the camp circuit resumes & he gets more eyes on his elite speed. Was just offered by UF today & will be pursued by most of the SEC schools.

Plays for Team Tampa 7v7.

Holds offers from FSU, UF, Tennessee, Iowa St & Illinois.

I like him; and I agree with on Gary Sheff.....but b/c baseball writers are some of the most petty in the sports industry, I doubt he gets in due to his relationship or lack thereof with the media. Plus, if not mistake, Sheff was a name caught in the steroid’s scandal, although not proven.

But back to the kid; he has all the physical traits to become a borderline 5 star, to a 5 star.

Why would I need to do research on Jerome, when I've known him since 1998??....Lol at you'll assign me...Ive been friends with 3/4 of that 2001 DL for 20+ yrs...

why do i care if you’re friends with them and how does that impact in-game assessment? Has nothing to do with anything, amigo

Advertisement
why do i care if you’re friends with them and how does that impact in-game assessment? Has nothing to do with anything, amigo
I don't give af if you care or not....In game assessment??...Yeah...Okay...Go find a better in game assessment/s than the one's Rusty recieved from National Media during and after that NC game....Show me ONE game that McDougal had, that Trumps what Medearis accomplished that night........You can't...

I don't give af if you care or not....In game assessment??...Yeah...Okay...Go find a better in game assessment/s than the one's Rusty recieved from National Media during and after that NC game....Show me ONE game that McDougal had, that Trumps what Medearis accomplished that night........You can't...

how many times are you going to change the goalposts on this argument? My head is spinning with the changing gears.

Ok here are some facts. He wants to play football and he likes the Canes and Moles. But his family loves the Canes. Neither staff has approached him yet. Lets get Pop and DVD on this.
He love
The point was, unless you know for a fact he wants to become a professional track athlete it's premature to assume he's just going to want to do it when others who have been as fast & in some cases faster still decided to play football because they just wanted to.

You don't know if he wants to be a pro track athlete or a full time football player, so I would just hold off on writing the kids future before he makes the decision himself is all I'm saying.
He LOVES football bro but he clearly understands God has blessed him with unique ability on the track. He truly doesn’t know yet. He’s running trak this school year for sure.

Advertisement
He love

He LOVES football bro but he clearly understands God has blessed him with unique ability on the track. He truly doesn’t know yet. He’s running trak this school year for sure.
It’s so hard to make it to the olympics as an American sprinter. This kid has all the potential in the world but he’s still a long ways away from cashing in Olympic dreams.

Being in high school he doesn’t have to worry about this for a long time but it’s virtually impossible to be a serious Olympic sprinter and play football. He’s tall, has crazy speed, and based on his film he can actually play football at high level. Very high odds USA TF will never have the chance to see him at his full potential. The only people making decent money running track are multiple time medalists at the World championships or Olympics. Professional track life is a grind with very little reward for most. Simple business decision so hopefully we see him break some youth world records while he’s still running.

It’s so hard to make it to the olympics as an American sprinter. This kid has all the potential in the world but he’s still a long ways away from cashing in Olympic dreams.

Being in high school he doesn’t have to worry about this for a long time but it’s virtually impossible to be a serious Olympic sprinter and play football. He’s tall, has crazy speed, and based on his film he can actually play football at high level. Very high odds USA TF will never have the chance to see him at his full potential. The only people making decent money running track are multiple time medalists at the World championships or Olympics. Professional track life is a grind with very little reward for most. Simple business decision so hopefully we see him break some youth world records while he’s still running.

Wouldn’t it be equally as hard to make & stick in the NFL?

In this day & age..track athletes are cashing in well before Olympic dreams my man. Pro contract for sprinters from Nike, Puma, etc etc are pretty **** good...awesome even but you make great great points.

also, track will take him around the world..you can only play football in one country but we know football is king...tough decision for the kid.

Wouldn’t it be equally as hard to make & stick in the NFL?

In this day & age..track athletes are cashing in well before Olympic dreams my man. Pro contract for sprinters from Nike, Puma, etc etc are pretty **** good...awesome even but you make great great points.

also, track will take him around the world..you can only play football in one country but we know football is king...tough decision for the kid.
When you say cashing in before the olympics I need to see some endorsement numbers. I doubt a bunch of dudes on US track and field are making over a million dollars a year as 110 hurdler that hasn’t won anything. But it’s better than some Udfa that might never make squad and is relying on his speed only to catch balls.

Now if this young man can arguably be a top world sprinter and have a 10 year career I totally get it. That nfl career average is 3 years and being a high draft pick doesn’t guarantee longevity.
Maybe drew rosenhause can convince him that Nike is about to break off a 10 million signing bonus if he sticks with track. But is this kid as fast as the white lightning kid at uga? Cause if he isn't then he should stick to football.

Advertisement
Back