2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

The point was, unless you know for a fact he wants to become a professional track athlete it's premature to assume he's just going to want to do it when others who have been as fast & in some cases faster still decided to play football because they just wanted to.

You don't know if he wants to be a pro track athlete or a full time football player, so I would just hold off on writing the kids future before he makes the decision himself is all I'm saying.

I hear ya. I just see those times, with two track seasons to go and ****. 200 future and once he learns to stay low in his drive phase out of the blocks, that 100 time will drop like a lead weight.

Kids got a future for sure.

Advertisement
I love how some people keep saying he won't play football because he is fast LOL . We have seen this before. Finances alone says you will continue to have elite level kids pursue football until the economics say otherwise. That program (his summer track club) has been hinting at these times for MONTHs, but has had to balance his training with, you guessed it, summer football workouts....Welp anyways, he did THIS earlier today....

GO BIG RED

Gotdammitt I volunteer to drive to Tampa & help him get his **** together academically!!! This kid is gonna be sub-10/100 and sub-20/200 and possibly 6'3" before he's 18 years old and he legit plays football. @plantcity3 can confirm this. Sign him up YESTERDAY!!!! That kind of speed and size in a wide open Air Raid offense gets paid and paid well to replicate their production on Sundays.

I'm gonna do this again, there are some guys who are naturally gifted in Track that actually grow up playing what in addition??? Ding Ding Ding!!! Football!!! I tried telling some of the CIS local MENSA chapter presidents this about Ant earlier. They swore the kid was a track star moonlighting as ballplayer. I told them I'd been watching him make plays since he was 8. That he wasn't even the fastest kid on his teams(although always pretty fast) for the bulk of his football career. Ant wasn't some T&F prodigy who was smoking kids since he was a 1st grader. All that Track fame was newfound and a result of an athletic breakthrough he experienced.

So far, he's only made more splash plays than all of our c/o '18 receivers combined and is well on his way to being drafted in a year or two. Imo, he's closer to NFL bags than he is to Olympic Gold. I hope Manny learned from that mistake. God sent us Erriyon Knighton to right that wrong. Right that wrong, Manny...

Advertisement
Hot Take: Andrew Williams was better than McDougle. No slight to JM as he was an animal here. But if Jerome went 15th overall, a healthy Andrew Williams would've been a Top 10 pick...

not even close, friend. Jerome had the most dominant season any DE has had here in history. His 2001 season was incredible - almost 60 QB hurries. His first step was the best I’ve ever seen. I loved AWill but he was more of an athlete than anything else.

Gotdammitt I volunteer to drive to Tampa & help him get his **** together academically!!! This kid is gonna be sub-10/100 and sub-20/200 and possibly 6'3" before he's 18 years old and he legit plays football. @plantcity3 can confirm this. Sign him up YESTERDAY!!!! That kind of speed and size in a wide open Air Raid offense gets paid and paid well to replicate their production on Sundays.

I'm gonna do this again, there are some guys who are naturally gifted in Track that actually grow up playing what in addition??? Ding Ding Ding!!! Football!!! I tried telling some of the CIS local MENSA chapter presidents this about Ant earlier. They swore the kid was a track star moonlighting as ballplayer. I told them I'd been watching him make plays since he was 8. That he wasn't even the fastest kid on his teams(although always pretty fast) for the bulk of his football career. Ant wasn't some T&F prodigy who was smoking kids since he was a 1st grader. All that Track fame was newfound and a result of an athletic breakthrough he experienced.

So far, he's only made more splash plays than all of our c/o '18 receivers combined and is well on his way to being drafted in a year or two. Imo, he's closer to NFL bags than he is to Olympic Gold. I hope Manny learned from that mistake. God sent us Erriyon Knighton to right that wrong. Right that wrong, Manny...

Rattler got a dumb question for you. actually its a 2 part.

How old do you have to be to compete in the Olympics?

Also if the age is younger than 18 can he compete in the Olympics and still play football?

He could compete in the Olympics right now, if he could make the US Team.

Would love to have this kid, but of he does in fact continue football, a big part of that decision will be the track program. That all but eliminates us unfortunately.

Yep.

Williams was a good one, but he didn't even start.

Jamaal Green started on his side for 3 years straight.

McDougle is one of the best DEs we've had.

not even close, friend. Jerome had the most dominant season any DE has had here in history. His 2001 season was incredible - almost 60 QB hurries. His first step was the best I’ve ever seen. I loved AWill but he was more of an athlete than anything else.

Advertisement
Rattler got a dumb question for you. actually its a 2 part.

How old do you have to be to compete in the Olympics?

Also if the age is younger than 18 can he compete in the Olympics and still play football?
There's no age restriction. Just make your country's Olympic Team. Remember Nadia Comaneci? 14 when she won all those gold medals. The U.S. just had Sydney McLaughlin competing during the Rio games the summer before her junior year. Yes to your second part also. McLaughlin runs for Kentucky right now. Remember it's all "amateur athletics"....

More Dominating than Medearis or Patrick in the early 90s??....Nah...and Jerome would be the 1st to tell you...No DE in UM History did more than a Undersized Medearis did in 91....Never have I seen a DE at UM come Screaming around the end like him...and not to reiterate...but undersized as well...

There's no age restriction. Just make your country's Olympic Team. Remember Nadia Comaneci? 14 when she won all those gold medals. The U.S. just had Sydney McLaughlin competing during the Rio games the summer before her junior year. Yes to your second part also. McLaughlin runs for Kentucky right now. Remember it's all "amateur athletics"....
So lets say he went does he lose college eligibility or is he still able to return to football?

Advertisement
So lets say he went does he lose college eligibility or is he still able to return to football?

Nope. Its a sticky situation as far as endorsements go though as most of your Olympic athletes need them to train and are not part of major professional sports. Remember when the skier, Jeremy Bloom, wasnt allowed to accept any kind of skiing endorsements when playing football @ colorado?

He'd make way more money playing football than he ever would as a track athlete.

And how do you know if he wants to play Football in college or just become a pro track star?

Tyreek Hill could've been a professional track athlete too, he was running 10.18 100m & 20.14 200m in HS & actually medaled in World Junior Championships & he still played football. Phillip Dorsett was running 10.5's in the 100 & 21's in the 200 & he still played football. Anthony Schwartz was a Gold medalist in the World U20 championships & a the Pan American U20, he ran a 10.15 in the 100m in HS & 20.47 in the 200m, still playing college football.
Exactly...seems like everytime a fast *** kid comes out of florida you have some non athkictic clown talking about the guy truning poro or some other BS when most of the time that kid keeps on playing football......and **** there are more examples besides the ones you used.

More Dominating than Medearis or Patrick in the early 90s??....Nah...and Jerome would be the 1st to tell you...No DE in UM History did more than a Undersized Medearis did in 91....Never have I seen a DE at UM come Screaming around the end like him...and not to reiterate...but undersized as well...

rusty in 91 was great. Really good athlete but he was not explosive like Jmac was imo. Again, if you’re looking at the stats, that QBH stat (and not to mention how many near miss sacks he had) puts him above rusty imo.

Advertisement
truck GIF

SEC $$$ trucks on their way to South Florida.

Danny Stubbs might have something to say about that. This was back when Miami did shut that made sense like Stubbs starting out as an OLB but moving to DE. Regardless, he was easily one of the most dominating DE Miami has ever had along with Kennard Lang and the guy that played with him. Kevin Patrick Darren krien and medaris was Prolly the best trio Miami has ever had.

Danny Stubbs might have something to say about that. This was back when Miami did shut that made sense like Stubbs starting out as an OLB but moving to DE. Regardless, he was easily one of the most dominating DE Miami has ever had along with Kennard Lang and the guy that played with him. Kevin Patrick Darren krien and medaris was Prolly the best trio Miami has ever had.
Just had lunch with Kenard last week...Again for the last time...NO UM DE had a Burst like Medearis...and especially being undersized compared to the rest....

rusty in 91 was great. Really good athlete but he was not explosive like Jmac was imo. Again, if you’re looking at the stats, that QBH stat (and not to mention how many near miss sacks he had) puts him above rusty imo.
Medearis wasn't as explosive as Mcdougal??....Jesus Christ...I give up....

Advertisement
Back