2022 WR Erriyon Knighton

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid is making moves.

20.11 in the 200. Due to some weird rules, he broke Usain Bolts U18 200m record.

No doubt, kid is a beast.

The way they define those records is odd, but at the same age, Knighton is faster. Bolt can take the lead back if Knighton doesn't run 19.93 by September (whatever the date of his birthday is in January) as that's what Bolt ran four months before 18.

Bolt was a 200 / 400 guy at this stage of his career. There is no comparison for their 100 times.

I'm not going to predict this kid ever does what Bolt eventually did, but he's killing it at his age.

Advertisement
Watch out for Jaylen Slade at IMG Academy. Him and Knighton are the two most promising youngsters in the country.

Right there with them is Laird at LSU and Boling at UGA.

This race Knighton barely beats Slade with a wind aided 9.99 100m. Slade came back and beat him with a 10.04 to Knighton's 10.07, wind legal.

If note, that's post injury Johan Blake of Jamaica edging out these kids. Blake is as seasoned as it gets and that is one of the closest races I've ever seen.

Future bright.

Knighton just ran 20.04 and won his heat in the 200m that also had Noah Lyles and Fred Kerley who just qualified for Tokyo in the 100m. Granted it's a 1st round heat, but this kid was chilling the last 10m and looking around at the others behind him. We'll see if he can handle the semi's and finals, but my goodness - he's only 17 and still scrawny as ****. There is a chance he could make the 200m team. I recall Marvin Bracy and Xavier Carter as the only guys who actually were at least decent in football with major track talent, but Erriyon looks like the future. I wonder if in-between Olympics we could see him try-out for an NFL team at WR.

He's literally the biggest thing in T&F for the US since I don't even know when.

He has a chance to set the U20 world record this next heat or in the finals if he makes it. He's got it in his ****nal, at least he did yesterday shutting it down early.

Really selfishly wish we coulda seen this kid here (likliness of that from a football perspective idk cuz I never followed his recruitment )

But this dude made the right choice for his career hands down. Gonna get paaaaaaaaid

Advertisement
Knighton just ran 20.04 and won his heat in the 200m that also had Noah Lyles and Fred Kerley who just qualified for Tokyo in the 100m. Granted it's a 1st round heat, but this kid was chilling the last 10m and looking around at the others behind him. We'll see if he can handle the semi's and finals, but my goodness - he's only 17 and still scrawny as ****. There is a chance he could make the 200m team. I recall Marvin Bracy and Xavier Carter as the only guys who actually were at least decent in football with major track talent, but Erriyon looks like the future. I wonder if in-between Olympics we could see him try-out for an NFL team at WR.
He looked like he was out for a jog in that race. Good gravy can that kid move.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back