2022 Schedule

Advertisement
Why has no one posted "Saban went 7-6 in his first year at Alabama and lost to Louisiana-Monroe" yet in this thread

Sounds right. aTm, Clemson, and random ACC game. Tough to really say at this point though. Defense is a mess and it remains to be seen whether the OL will mesh with the type of offense Mario wants to run.
That could give us 4 losses if we include the ACC championship game which more than likely will be a Clemson rematch.

Advertisement
Forget the record guys, just enjoy competitive FB from our U for a change. It’s been phncking 20 years (not counting MR episode) since we have had a real coach in place. Enjoy, for God’s sakes.

This kind of flew under the radar because of the coaching search, and I'm sorry if it was discussed, but apparently yesterday we rounded our OOC schedule with home games against Middle Tennessee State and Bethune Cookman. That gives us:

BCU (TBA)
Southern Miss (9/10)
at Texas A&M (9/17)
Middle Tennessee State (9/24)

I assume BCU is not scheduled for 9/3 because they're waiting to see if we open with an ACC opponent that weekend. BCU was 2-9 last year. Souther Miss was 3-9 last year. Middle Tennessee is 6-6 and is playing Toledo in the Bahamas Bowl. Texas A&M is 8-4 and plays Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl.

Miami's ACC opponents are:

Home
Duke
FSU
UNC
Pitt

Away
Clemson
GT
UVA
VT
In the 9-3 to 11-1 range for the regular season. Likely loss Texas A & M, maybe Clemson. and a brain fart game vs. UNC. 10-2 is the sweet spot with a ACC Championship game highly possibly. Wild card, transfer portal moves in/out and recruiting surprises.

Sounds right. aTm, Clemson, and random ACC game. Tough to really say at this point though. Defense is a mess and it remains to be seen whether the OL will mesh with the type of offense Mario wants to run.
With that trash Clemson has at QB we better not lose

Advertisement
feel like we say this every year, but 10-2 should be the minimum with that schedule. With that said ill predict 9-3...

The current landscape couldn't be any better for a resurgent Miami.

Assuming the Brady OC rumor is true, who's the most savage DC we can get?

we're going to be underdogs in.. 3 games?

Clemson
Texas A&M
UNC

I say if we win 1 of those three and win out the rest we're trending up and will lead to a major recruiting class in '23
We'll probably be favored vs UNC at home with a 1st year starter as their QB.

This kind of flew under the radar because of the coaching search, and I'm sorry if it was discussed, but apparently yesterday we rounded our OOC schedule with home games against Middle Tennessee State and Bethune Cookman. That gives us:

BCU (TBA)
Southern Miss (9/10)
at Texas A&M (9/17)
Middle Tennessee State (9/24)

I assume BCU is not scheduled for 9/3 because they're waiting to see if we open with an ACC opponent that weekend. BCU was 2-9 last year. Souther Miss was 3-9 last year. Middle Tennessee is 6-6 and is playing Toledo in the Bahamas Bowl. Texas A&M is 8-4 and plays Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl.

Miami's ACC opponents are:

Home
Duke
FSU
UNC
Pitt

Away
Clemson
GT
UVA
VT
Bahamas Bowl? What's next? The Dubai Bowl?

Advertisement
I won't make predictions on the record ever again - but I will say the floor should again be 9-3 and that's a lot of stuff going wrong. I predicted like 6-6 or 7-5 in 2017 and we went 10-1 (11-1 if you consider we would have won the Ark State game that was cancelled). I predicted 10-2 this year and we went 7-5.

12-0 is legitimately possible (as was 11-1 in 2021) with what's going on a Clemson and the fact that A&M hasn't really been potent on offense (63rd in the country). But I never predict teams to go 12-0 because it's so rare that teams don't slip up and lose in CFB - no matter who you are.

The reality is the coastal is a disaster with all of the coaching turnover, Pickett gone, UNC and GT are the only teams returning their HC and both of them suck. We better be in Charlotte next December. That's my only expectation.
I think A and M will definitely be better next year offensively with Haynes King coming back from injury.

Advertisement
No way we should be paying 80 million for 8-4 or 9-3 with that schedule. 10-2 is the minimum.
OUI?
1638925816772.gif

9-10 wins and look good in big games and ill be happy with the first year. I want to see a more disciplined team. A better coached team.

If we beat clemson or a&m with cristobal i could see a insane recruiting class next year.

9-10 wins and look good in big games and ill be happy with the first year. I want to see a more disciplined team. A better coached team.

If we beat clemson or a&m with cristobal i could see a insane recruiting class next year.
Should be an insane class recruiting class regardless. Big year in south Florida and bump year

Advertisement
Back