2022 Schedule

Notsince1985

Retired staff
Premium
This kind of flew under the radar because of the coaching search, and I'm sorry if it was discussed, but apparently yesterday we rounded our OOC schedule with home games against Middle Tennessee State and Bethune Cookman. That gives us:

BCU (TBA)
Southern Miss (9/10)
at Texas A&M (9/17)
Middle Tennessee State (9/24)

I assume BCU is not scheduled for 9/3 because they're waiting to see if we open with an ACC opponent that weekend. BCU was 2-9 last year. Souther Miss was 3-9 last year. Middle Tennessee is 6-6 and is playing Toledo in the Bahamas Bowl. Texas A&M is 8-4 and plays Wake Forest in the Gator Bowl.

Miami's ACC opponents are:

Home
Duke
FSU
UNC
Pitt

Away
Clemson
GT
UVA
VT

Advertisement
Texas A&M is gonna be the equivalent of Oregon walking out of Columbus with a W this year

Tough game but we've got the QB advantage and the better offense (by a good margin)

However, that defense might be the best in the country and the equivalent to 2021 UGA.

Advertisement
I hope BCU is at the end of the schedule so first team gets rest and younger kids can feast on a cupcake. Bama always has a glorified high school team scheduled in November. At GT game 1 is a decent tune up for us IMO.

Advertisement
i would be stunned if we weren't opening at night vs an ACC opponent. hopefully at home -- i.e. taggart's first game at FSU was home against VT (fond memories of that game)

I hope BCU is at the end of the schedule so first team gets rest and younger kids can feast on a cupcake. Bama always has a glorified high school team scheduled in November. At GT game 1 is a decent tune up for us IMO.

Almost every SEC team plays an FCS team the second to last week of the season, right before their rivalry game.

i would be stunned if we weren't opening at night vs an ACC opponent. hopefully at home -- i.e. taggart's first game at FSU was home against VT (fond memories of that game)

I'd guess Clemson on Labor Day

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
We'll see what the portal brings, but after watching our defense again last night (Condensed games)... this is going to take a while. the roster is a mess in the trenches and on defense

I won't make predictions on the record ever again - but I will say the floor should again be 9-3 and that's a lot of stuff going wrong. I predicted like 6-6 or 7-5 in 2017 and we went 10-1 (11-1 if you consider we would have won the Ark State game that was cancelled). I predicted 10-2 this year and we went 7-5.

12-0 is legitimately possible (as was 11-1 in 2021) with what's going on a Clemson and the fact that A&M hasn't really been potent on offense (63rd in the country). But I never predict teams to go 12-0 because it's so rare that teams don't slip up and lose in CFB - no matter who you are.

The reality is the coastal is a disaster with all of the coaching turnover, Pickett gone, UNC and GT are the only teams returning their HC and both of them suck. We better be in Charlotte next December. That's my only expectation.

Advertisement
Back