2022 2022 Recruiting

Last few times I've seen him with Montverde and some this travel season, in my eyes he is an underrated prospect. Initially, I was skeptical about his move to Montverde but it has paid off for him. On a roster full of high major and NBA prospects he was without question one of their top players during the high school season more so towards the end. That play carried on into travel ball. He looked great the few times I saw him during the spring and summer. He'd be a huge get IF Miami is able to lock him in. Kid is listed as a PF but can play spot minutes at multiple positions. He won't dazzle you with elite athleticism and doesn't have the ideal size that scouts look for at PF but he's as skilled as any 6'7"/6'8" prospect I've seen this year. If it translates to the next level, he'll end up being a 1st round pick in a few years. Kid just finds a way to get it done.

I don't have any inside information on his recruitment, but do know he misses being home in South Fla. As a Canes fan I hope that bodes well for Miami's chances. If I were a betting man, I'd have to lean towards Coach Ham at fsu.
Thanks for the insight. He is a must get for us.

Advertisement

Not surprising, but things are looking bleak for us. Many of the prospects we've offered have already committed elsewhere. And I wouldn't say we are the favorites in many, if any, of the uncommitted ones on this list.

Advertisement

Miami
“Miami is awesome,” Rowan Brumbaugh said. “I love Coach (Jim) Larrañaga. I love what they do with their guards, too. They have really good guard development. Miami is a great school, too.”

Miami
“Miami is awesome,” Rowan Brumbaugh said. “I love Coach (Jim) Larrañaga. I love what they do with their guards, too. They have really good guard development. Miami is a great school, too.”

Miami: “I like how Miami is an ACC school, and how they develop guards. I love talking with coach Larranaga and his staff. They tell me they need a point guard and that they want me to come in and make an immediate impact. They've been really successful with their guards and their development. I've been to Miami quite a lot and I like the warm weather down there.”

Miami: “I like how Miami is an ACC school, and how they develop guards. I love talking with coach Larranaga and his staff. They tell me they need a point guard and that they want me to come in and make an immediate impact. They've been really successful with their guards and their development. I've been to Miami quite a lot and I like the warm weather down there.”
Despite the Massachusetts prep school, Brumbaugh is a DC kid. Wouldn't sleep on local school, Maryland.

Advertisement

We made the top 6 for Riley Kugel, a 3 star PG from Orlando. Haven't heard much about him. Looks to be an under the radar recruit. At some point we gotta land someone, right?

After careful consideration, the powerfully built 6-foot-10 center from Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips told 247Sports that he has cut his options down to a final 10 of Alabama, Baylor, Florida, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Miami, Michigan, Overtime Elite, Tennessee, and UCLA.

Here We Go Again GIF

Advertisement

Miami
“From Coach (Jim) Larrañaga to Coach Bill (Courtney)…they’re all just genuine guys,” Udeh said. “Talking to them, they always put a smile on my face. They always have positive things to talk about. The connections that Coach Larrañaga has with people around the league and the basketball world is really phenomenal. The amount of emphasis that they put into the development of their bigs is really great and of course not only see myself playing in their playstyle but benefiting a lot by going there and attending the school.”

Last edited:

Miami
“From Coach (Jim) Larrañaga to Coach Bill (Courtney)…they’re all just genuine guys,” Udeh said. “Talking to them, they always put a smile on my face. They always have positive things to talk about. The connections that Coach Larrañaga has with people around the league and the basketball world is really phenomenal. The amount of emphasis that they put into the development of their bigs is really great and of course not only see myself playing in their playstyle but benefiting a lot by going there and attending the school.”

dog head tilt GIF by Rover.com

Advertisement

Miami

His parents are big on the education part so it'll be interesting to see if OTE is able to sway him. Others in his circle think OTE should've been the choice back in the Spring when they offered him a spot. Kid was big on Florida early on and before he blew up. Miami made a run as well, but now I'm hearing Jalen Howard and Michigan might be the team to beat here.

Advertisement
Back