2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Miami: “Coach L and his staff are amazing. I'm from Miami so it's really family with them. The playstyle incorporates a lot of NBA concepts so you get to learn that playstyle.”

Advertisement

Miami: “Coach L and his staff are amazing. I'm from Miami so it's really family with them. The playstyle incorporates a lot of NBA concepts so you get to learn that playstyle.”

At some point we have to sign a big man, right? This kid is an absolute must get for us. A local, 4 star PF.

@King of Allapattah any more insight into his game and any intel onto where he might be leaning?

When was the last time a kid committed to us on his official visit (cancelling all other upcoming visits)? It has happened, right?

I'm especially thinking of bigs. I mean, where else could you find a better opportunity to showcase your skills immediately in a highly respected league like the ACC? Pretty much everywhere else you'd figure to be sitting behind someone in your first year.

When was the last time a kid committed to us on his official visit (cancelling all other upcoming visits)? It has happened, right?

I'm especially thinking of bigs. I mean, where else could you find a better opportunity to showcase your skills immediately in a highly respected league like the ACC? Pretty much everywhere else you'd figure to be sitting behind someone in your first year.

In fairness, I don't think most fans understand how bad things are at Miami.
It's going to be very hard for any kid to commit to Miami given that the head coach is on a 3 year losing streak with two years left on his contract.
Logically, how can coach L say I will coach you for three to four years when he has two years at best left at Miami.

Advertisement
At some point we have to sign a big man, right? This kid is an absolute must get for us. A local, 4 star PF.

@King of Allapattah any more insight into his game and any intel onto where he might be leaning?
Last few times I've seen him with Montverde and some this travel season, in my eyes he is an underrated prospect. Initially, I was skeptical about his move to Montverde but it has paid off for him. On a roster full of high major and NBA prospects he was without question one of their top players during the high school season more so towards the end. That play carried on into travel ball. He looked great the few times I saw him during the spring and summer. He'd be a huge get IF Miami is able to lock him in. Kid is listed as a PF but can play spot minutes at multiple positions. He won't dazzle you with elite athleticism and doesn't have the ideal size that scouts look for at PF but he's as skilled as any 6'7"/6'8" prospect I've seen this year. If it translates to the next level, he'll end up being a 1st round pick in a few years. Kid just finds a way to get it done.

I don't have any inside information on his recruitment, but do know he misses being home in South Fla. As a Canes fan I hope that bodes well for Miami's chances. If I were a betting man, I'd have to lean towards Coach Ham at fsu.

Advertisement
Back