2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement

This has been my biggest beef with this staff over the years. There are 3 home grown prospects (#4 Mitchell, #22 Reneau and #23 Udeh) from the state of Florida finish in ESPN's Top 25 national rankings and a few others in the top 100. Aside from Malik we didn't start recruiting any of them until the summer of their senior years. I hope moving forward our staff will do a better job of identifying the in-state talent and recruiting them from the onset. We need to get on kids in the 9th-10th grade, not on the 17u circuit when they're heading into their senior years of HS.

Advertisement
So we're the only school in his final 5 that isn't getting a visit? And we don't have scholarships anyway? I don't get it. Also assuming there is interest, Miami would 100% be the best option for him. We are going to have Omier and Aire as our 5s and Omier may even want to play the 4, which leaves just Aire and him. If he schedules a visit or something he's 100% a take.

So we're the only school in his final 5 that isn't getting a visit? And we don't have scholarships anyway? I don't get it. Also assuming there is interest, Miami would 100% be the best option for him. We are going to have Omier and Aire as our 5s and Omier may even want to play the 4, which leaves just Aire and him. If he schedules a visit or something he's 100% a take.
LSU could also be an enticing spot for him if he wants legit minutes early on as a Freshman.

LSU lost their Freshman 7ft C Efton Reid to Gonzaga & their other Frosh C Jerell Colbert to K State.

They picked up KJ Williams from Murray ST just yesterday, but otherwise they don’t really have any bigs anymore.

K State has 7ft’er Davion Bradford as their starting C & after losing Kaosi Ezeagu to the Portal, they took Colbert from LSU...

And as a GTown Hoyas fan from the 90’s, I would personally tell this kid going to GTown right now would be the WORST decision he could make in his life lol. Pat Ewing is an AWFUL coach & his players do not want to play for him at all, they’ve had nearly two dozen transfers in the last 2-3 years. They had one of worst seasons in college basketball history last year only winning 6 games. Pat just hasn’t adjusted to the modern era, he gets away with his horrendous coaching because of the legacy & connection he has with Big John Thompson, but he can’t coach to save his life. All he does is scream & berate his players all game long, they don’t listen to him at all & he just takes his anger out on them. It’s really frustrating to watch.

Phillips is an absolute take at Miami, but unless we have a secret stash of scholly’s left laying around somewhere lol, I don’t know how we could get him on roster & be eligible this year without someone else leaving.

Advertisement

247 doesn't even list us as a team having interest

Very bizarre

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back