2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
His teammate at Montverde, Jalen Hood -Schifino, is going to Indiana, so they are likely our biggest competition right now. He came out in an interview that was done a few days ago and said that he wants to get through the postseason and national tournaments that Montverde is playing in before taking visits and making a decision. Likely why we haven't heard much the last couple of weeks but I wouldn't chalk it up to anything more than Montverde still playing games.

I hear an announcement is imminent. I don't expect this thing to drag out much longer. I heard a couple of weeks ago it looked like it would be coming down to Indiana and Miami. DIdn't sound like there was too much interest to follow Mike White to Georgia. Apparently, the Noles have also backed off. Florida's new regime would love to have him but not sure if the feeling is mutual. Wouldn't surprise me if other schools got involved late. Guess that'll depend on the transfer portal. The family would like to see him stay close to home preferably in state, so I'm assuming that bodes well for us. Malik isn't going to WOW anyone with flash and flair and despite being a bit undersized he's skilled and a very productive player.

Last edited:
I hear an announcement is imminent. I heard a couple of weeks ago it's going to come down to Indiana and Miami. DIdn't sound like there was too much interest to follow Mike White to Georgia. Apparently, the Noles have also backed off. Wouldn't surprise me if other schools got involved late. Guess that'll depend on the transfer portal. The family would like to see him stay close to home preferably in state, so I'm assuming that bodes well for us. Malik isn't going to WOW anyone with flash and flair and despite being a bit undersized he's skilled and a very productive player.
Thanks for the insight!

Advertisement
I hear an announcement is imminent. I don't expect this thing to drag out much longer. I heard a couple of weeks ago it looked like it would be coming down to Indiana and Miami. DIdn't sound like there was too much interest to follow Mike White to Georgia. Apparently, the Noles have also backed off. Florida's new regime would love to have him but not sure if the feeling is mutual. Wouldn't surprise me if other schools got involved late. Guess that'll depend on the transfer portal. The family would like to see him stay close to home preferably in state, so I'm assuming that bodes well for us. Malik isn't going to WOW anyone with flash and flair and despite being a bit undersized he's skilled and a very productive player.

Assuming they sign everyone who's committed to them, FSU has all 13 scholarships locked up. Plus, they've already booted Wilkes and Ballard to make room for the incoming class, so I'm not sure they have anymore dead weight to cut. Seems pretty likely to me that they simply don't have room for him.

Last edited:
Rivals just interviewed him and it seems like they think it's between Georgia and Indiana. He's still going to visit Indiana this month.

Advertisement
Back