2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Kid has blown up in recent months and is teetering on 5-star status. I’m hearing Miami will be a player and a major factor come decision time IF he decides to take the college route to a possible NBA career.

I am not the type to say I told you so but I honestly didn't think he would get to 5 star status.

Advertisement

“Florida, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Miami, Kansas, and Indiana have been showing love the most I would say,” he said, adding that he holds offers from each of those schools.

“Florida, Tennessee, Georgia Tech, Miami, Kansas, and Indiana have been showing love the most I would say,” he said, adding that he holds offers from each of those schools.

Hope I am wrong but it sort of feels like he is UF's to lose. They were one of the first schools to offer him.

I feel like this is one of those disadvantages UM has when it comes to basketball. So many of the good players come from north and central Florida.

Advertisement

Miami: They're in the ACC and I had a zoom with them about two-three days ago. The whole coaching staff was on the zoom and they saw me play against team Final down in Hampton. They were recruiting Jalen Duren who has them in his top 5. If Jalen were to go there that could be a huge push on me because he could help me a lot. I can lead, facilitate, and get the ball to him because he's a monster. Also Coach Larranaga has been at it for a while, he's a hall of fame coach and I feel like I can develop really well over there."

5 kids from South Florida are the foundation of the OTE team.
Pretty good for an area "allegedly" void of high major basketball talent.

Montero put on an absolute show last week at FloMo. I haven't seen a teenage PG put on a show like that since Sebastian Telfair. If he were still in HS he'd give Emoni Bates and Jalen Duren a run for the top spot in the 2022 class. Montero is an absolute star! I'll be surprised if he's not an NBA lottery pick next year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back