2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
About **** time. L and his staff recruit wings and slashers very well and we recruit the mid Atlantic well.

If only we recruited point guards and especially bigs even half as well, we might be decent again.

“I'm working on Favour Aire from McNamara and Adem Bona who has Miami in his top schools,” he said. “Mainly working on getting some big men to come. We have a lot of guards that are leaving but there will be some guards still there by next year so it's really about getting some bigs.”

Even Watson is talking about how badly we need bigs.

Bona is a 5 star C from California. We're in his top 7, along with Baylor, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, USC, and Arizona State. He already has several CB's to Kentucky.
I don't see that we've even offered Aire (a 4 star C from the DC area). On paper, it's not likely we'll land either of these guys. Striking out on Reneau was a colossal miss.

“I'm working on Favour Aire from McNamara and Adem Bona who has Miami in his top schools,” he said. “Mainly working on getting some big men to come. We have a lot of guards that are leaving but there will be some guards still there by next year so it's really about getting some bigs.”

Even Watson is talking about how badly we need bigs.

Bona is a 5 star C from California. We're in his top 7, along with Baylor, Kentucky, Kansas, UCLA, USC, and Arizona State. He already has several CB's to Kentucky.
I don't see that we've even offered Aire (a 4 star C from the DC area). On paper, it's not likely we'll land either of these guys. Striking out on Reneau was a colossal miss.

Dude's been here .7 seconds and even he can see it

Advertisement
Advertisement
We can put him in the same strength program that still has Deng Gak at 200 pounds in his 5th season and he should bulk up enough to be our center.
IIRC, James Jones was about the same size out of HS as Watson. He later grew an inch or two, and added 25 pounds or so. I still consider Jones our best Florida recruiting get (over Stevie Edwards and Tim James). If Watson is half the player Jones became, we'll have a definite contributor.

Last edited:
heading into prime official visit season here is who I've heard we have visiting so far
9/10 PF Elijah Saunders
9/17 PF Luke Hunger
9/24 SG Dan Skillings

Expecting Udeh, Favour Aire and Bona to visit at some point

IIRC, James Jones was about the same size out of HS as Watson. He later grew an inch or two, and added 25 pounds or so. I still consider James our best Florida recruiting get (over Stevie Edwards and Tim James). If Watson is half the player Jones became, we'll have a definite contributor.
Stevie Edwards.......those were the days. I remember Stevie and Doug in high school playing us and running their subs half the game and winning by 50. Then they had Davis....miami high was a machine.

Advertisement
If the crystal ball is correct, Kentucky is going to have the best class ever. They are favored for Lively, Livingston, Wallace and Bona and have already landed Sharpe and Clark. That is insane

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back