2022 2022 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

You cannot go wrong if you are trying to decide between Jaylen Martin, Eric Dailey Jr and Dillon Mitchell.

Jaylen Martin and Dillon Mitchell both had great showings this weekend. Jaylen seems to have fit in nicely with Nightrydas. Put up 30 pts & 10 rebs against Mokan, considered one of the top 3 teams on the circuit this year. Mitchell had a matchup vs Emoni Bates, the #1 player in the 2022 class and outplayed him. I expect Mitchell to move up in the next national rankings. I don't think anyone has them in their top 100 nationally, but I do expect that to change. Mitchell can score and now he's showing he can also defend.

Advertisement
Jaylen Martin and Dillon Mitchell both had great showings this weekend. Jaylen seems to have fit in nicely with Nightrydas. Put up 30 pts & 10 rebs against Mokan, considered one of the top 3 teams on the circuit this year. Mitchell had a matchup vs Emoni Bates, the #1 player in the 2022 class and outplayed him. I expect Mitchell to move up in the next national rankings. I don't think anyone has them in their top 100 nationally, but I do expect that to change. Mitchell can score and now he's showing he can also defend.

Imagine how good your perimeter defense would be if you had Mitchell and the Thompson Twins.
That is a lot of length and athleticism.

Advertisement
depends on the sponsors, as in life there are the have's and the have's not
Thanks. Are they high school head or asst coaches? Street agents? Former college players? Former HS players?

Trying to get a read on what they have to offer team members in terms of passing on fundamentals or other basketball lessons. Are they knowledgeable enough to pass on critical knowledge, or is their focus just recruiting players and handling in-game substitutions.

Top Overall Performer: Jalen Duren

For the last year, Jalen Duren has been on a mission. For his entire high school career, Duren has been considered as the clear-cut No. 2 prospect in the 2022 class behind Emoni Bates and for good reason. Bates is special ... but so is Duren and the conversation has certainly heated up the last six months and even more so after this weekend.

In 247Sports first viewing of Duren this weekend, he took on Each 1 Teach 1 out of Florida. Duren did what he did, dominating the glass, scoring around the rim and showing flashes of improvement in his ball skills, passing and mid-range game. However, it was in the second viewing in which he took on Emoni Bates head to head that I can’t help but continue to keep thinking back on.

Duren went in on a mission and took the challenge upon himself to defend one of the premier scorers and talents to come through grassroots in the past decade in Bates. Duren’s ability to defend the perimeter against that special type of scorer was outstanding. His athleticism, size, length and strength and ability to move laterally were on full display and forced Bates into taking very tough contested jumpers and struggled to efficiently and effectively create on the big man.

Not only did his defense shine but so did his improved skillset along with his dominance in the paint. Duren is another special prospect and with this approach to the game not only this season but also this weekend lands him as the overall top performer.

Duren also cut his list to 11 this weekend featuring: Alabama, Auburn, Kentucky, Memphis, Miami, Michigan, Penn State, the NBA G League, the NBL, UCLA and Villanova.

Advertisement
Back