2022 2022 Recruiting

Understand what he's saying but I'm always a bit taken aback by 18 year old kids saying "all my people." Why do I think that extends beyond his immediate family?
Doesn't matter how some of us may feel about it, but coaches or "handlers" opinion does carry some weight in the process. In a lot of instances a prospect's coach (whether it's his HS, travel ball and in some instances even the personal trainer) has a say with where the kid goes. Kids and parents, particularly the parents who aren't familiar with the inner workings of the basketball business will turn to the coach for advice and if they trust the coach enough, that advice will carry a lot of clout when it's time for them to make their decision. Ultimately, a good coach will go over the pros and cons of all the options on the table, and make an honest assessment of where he thinks the kid will reach his full potential on/off the court. It's the coach's with hidden agendas and/or ulterior motive that stain the profession and leave bad tastes in people's mouths. For Jaden's sake, I hope he has good people in his corner who will lead him down the right path. Of course there are exceptions to this. On the other hand you have parents who may not know a lot, but know just enough to fu_k :****: up.

Advertisement

3 FL teams in the top 25.
Again, it's a big deal depending on how you view rankings.
IMO, rankings just help you identify good players. Try not to add anymore value than that.

3 FL teams in the top 25.
Again, it's a big deal depending on how you view rankings.
IMO, rankings just help you identify good players. Try not to add anymore value than that.

So many new squads. Thank you guys for posting all of this I really appreciate it.

team trey young?! Lmao

On these 17U teams do you ever get players joining forces and packaging themselves to a particular school? Sorta like a High School version of the "LeBron/Wade/Bosh to the Heat" scenario. Seems to me like these elite kids could easily "bond" during the travel/competition and do just that. Would seem these squads would facilitate that happening ... a lot!

Advertisement
So many new squads. Thank you guys for posting all of this I really appreciate it.

team trey young?! Lmao

You are welcome. It is fun to be able to talk hoops with other fans of Miami basketball.

Team Trae Young is through Adidas. He played with Michael Porter Jr and Mokan Elite 4 years ago, which is a Nike EYBL team.

Since Trae signed with Adidas, part of his shoe contract includes shoes, apparel and 50k for travel expenses for his own travel team.

All part of the advertising budget.

On these 17U teams do you ever get players joining forces and packaging themselves to a particular school? Sorta like a High School version of the "LeBron/Wade/Bosh to the Heat" scenario. Seems to me like these elite kids could easily "bond" during the travel/competition and do just that. Would seem these squads would facilitate that happening ... a lot!

Periodically but not that often. Maybe two kids per cycle.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Given how the Earl Timberlake situation worked out in Miami, I would not expect any players from Team Durant to commit to Miami under Coach L for a while.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back