2022 2022 Recruiting

I've always said it, Jaylen is a prolific scorer. If he lived in one of our state's metro areas he'd be a big name in recruiting circles. Reminds me of a young Carmelo Anthony. This team change could do him well. Another kid Miami should definitely be keeping tabs on. If I'm not mistaken he already holds a few P5 offers
I didn't even have to look up his profile to know we weren't in the mix. It appears he already has a favorite 4 named - UF, Ole miss, Georgetown, and Vandy.

Advertisement

While he sounds open and also isn't a done deal that he even goes to college, Miami was one of the three schools he talked about (along with Michigan and Kentucky), and this article came out prior to the news about Irving being the new assistant.

While he sounds open and also isn't a done deal that he even goes to college, Miami was one of the three schools he talked about (along with Michigan and Kentucky), and this article came out prior to the news about Irving being the new assistant.

If L wants to play this game I’m all for it as long as we don’t get burned by him and or the ncaa

If L wants to play this game I’m all for it as long as we don’t get burned by him and or the ncaa
“I'm just keeping my options open, so going pro is something that could happen,” Duren said. “It's one of my options. I've looked at it, my family has looked at it, so if I find that that's good for me then I'll do that. For me to choose a school it will have to wow me. There would have to be a unanimous vote from all my people that we believe it will be the program that will develop me and get me to where I need to go, so that's how that would happen.”

Good luck with that. Even if Duren is feeling us, his family and the people in his circle will look at our history and ask what bigs has Miami developed and put into the NBA? I don't blame L for trying, but why not recruit the Ernest Udeh's and Ben Middlebrooks' of the world as well? Those guys are more realistic and more in our league.

Advertisement

I guess Miami has stopped the communication with him. I wonder if this has anything to do with what happened with Earl Timberlake.
It is the same high school and travel team.

I don't think people realize how much basketball talent is in Florida right now.
Between the NightRydas, Team Breakdown, E1T1, Team Florida Pro, Judah Nation, and CP25, I think I am at about 20 high major kids.
That is on par with football and baseball when you compare available high major kids to available scholarships at Miami.

Advertisement

I don't think people realize how much basketball talent is in Florida right now.
Between the NightRydas, Team Breakdown, E1T1, Team Florida Pro, Judah Nation, and CP25, I think I am at about 20 high major kids.
That is on par with football and baseball when you compare available high major kids to available scholarships at Miami.

GA Stars... one of the biggest rivalries I had on the circuit.

it’s amazing how far the circuit has come over the years... it really is a division 1 basketball showcase every single time these elite teams step on the floor.

GA Stars... one of the biggest rivalries I had on the circuit.

it’s amazing how far the circuit has come over the years... it really is a division 1 basketball showcase every single time these elite teams step on the floor.
What year(s) did you play on the travel ball circuit and for which team(s)?

Advertisement
What year(s) did you play on the travel ball circuit and for which team(s)?
Grew up in Daytona so started playing for the local squads there. We were great in AAU/USSSA circuit from 06-11. But then I decided to go play with the more elite teams my sophomore year and played for Florida Select and NTF 2011-2013. NTF has really taken off since then, but I would have to say we were the start of what it has become

Yet we have fans like @strauzer who continue to insist we are recruiting the state of Florida well and have only missed out on "one or two kids."

Grew up in Daytona so started playing for the local squads there. We were great in AAU/USSSA circuit from 06-11. But then I decided to go play with the more elite teams my sophomore year and played for Florida Select and NTF 2011-2013. NTF has really taken off since then, but I would have to say we were the start of what it has become

Yeah NTF fell off again once the Vernon Carey group finished, but it was a top program for a good while.

Advertisement
“I'm just keeping my options open, so going pro is something that could happen,” Duren said. “It's one of my options. I've looked at it, my family has looked at it, so if I find that that's good for me then I'll do that. For me to choose a school it will have to wow me. There would have to be a unanimous vote from all my people that we believe it will be the program that will develop me and get me to where I need to go, so that's how that would happen.”

Good luck with that. Even if Duren is feeling us, his family and the people in his circle will look at our history and ask what bigs has Miami developed and put into the NBA? I don't blame L for trying, but why not recruit the Ernest Udeh's and Ben Middlebrooks' of the world as well? Those guys are more realistic and more in our league.
Understand what he's saying but I'm always a bit taken aback by 18 year old kids saying "all my people." Why do I think that extends beyond his immediate family?

Advertisement
Back