2022 Early Depth Chart (total guess)

Is this a prediction or simply what you'd like to see ?
Both. Based on what we have, that’s what I’d like to see and what I predict. The biggest “wow” on my projection for most would be Thad over Jaylon and T. Davis to LB. Well when you look at what Cristobal wants, size and speed, it makes sense. Unless plays in the 200, he can’t truly run the ball. The kid was 174 last year trying to run up the hole. And Thomas Davis as 6’0-1 230 should not be on anyone edge when the kid has proven he can play ILB. Mostly where he played his SR of HS.

Advertisement
Both. Based on what we have, that’s what I’d like to see and what I predict. The biggest “wow” on my projection for most would be Thad over Jaylon and T. Davis to LB. Well when you look at what Cristobal wants, size and speed, it makes sense. Unless plays in the 200, he can’t truly run the ball. The kid was 174 last year trying to run up the hole. And Thomas Davis as 6’0-1 230 should not be on anyone edge when the kid has proven he can play ILB. Mostly where he played his SR of HS.
Size wise Thomas Davis may fit as a LB but his hs film with his hand in the dirt was 👌. Kids a great athlete. Steele's background as a LB coach we should let him decide if he's suited for it or not.

Can someone explain Navaughn Donaldson situation? Did he retire from football? Transferred? Enter the nfl draft?

My day 1 depth chart would be (assume everyone is healthy)

QB: T. Van Dyke - J. Garcia
RB: D. Chaney - T. Franklin - J. Knighton
WRz: R. Brinson - F. Ladson - M. Redding
WRx: K. Smith - J. George - D. Worsham
WRy: X. Restropo - B. Smith - K. Smith
TE: E. Arroyo - W. Mallory
RT: J. Campbell - M. McLaughlin (portal needed)
RG: J. Olwuseun - DJ Scaife or C. Reed
C: J. Clark - L. Sagapolu
LG: J. Rivers -
LT: Z. Nelson - I. Walker

4-2-5

SDE: E. Roberts - one of the transfers (Litchstein or Moultrie) (SMH. Definitely need another transfer) N. Kelly
WDE - C. Williams - J. Harvey - C. Moss
DT: L. Taylor - A. Haye (portal needed bad cause I don’t think is Haye really serviceable)
DT: JHH - J. Miller
MLB: S. Brooks - W. Bissianthe - T. Davis
OLB: TAC - W. Steed - A. Huff
Hybrid - J. Williams - K. Smith - G. Frierson
CB: T. Stevenson - T. Couch - DJ Ivey (🤦🏾‍♂️ Portal please)
CB: M. Clarke - K. Rogers - I. Dunson
S: A. Williams - A. Blades
S: K. Kinchens - K. Washington
Knighton 3rd on the depth chart? Explain.

Advertisement
1643905141480.png

My day 1 depth chart would be (assume everyone is healthy)

QB: T. Van Dyke - J. Garcia
RB: D. Chaney - T. Franklin - J. Knighton
WRx: K. Smith - J. George - D. Worsham
TE: E. Arroyo - W. Mallory
RT: J. Campbell - M. McLaughlin (portal needed)
RG: J. Olwuseun - DJ Scaife or C. Reed
C: J. Clark - L. Sagapolu
LG: J. Rivers -
LT: Z. Nelson - I. Walker

4-2-5

SDE: E. Roberts - one of the transfers (Litchstein or Moultrie) (SMH. Definitely need another transfer) N. Kelly
WDE - C. Williams - J. Harvey - C. Moss
DT: L. Taylor - A. Haye (portal needed bad cause I don’t think is Haye really serviceable)
DT: JHH - J. Miller
MLB: S. Brooks - W. Bissianthe - T. Davis
OLB: TAC - W. Steed - A. Huff
Hybrid - J. Williams - K. Smith - G. Frierson
CB: T. Stevenson - T. Couch - DJ Ivey (🤦🏾‍♂️ Portal please)
CB: M. Clarke - K. Rogers - I. Dunson
S: A. Williams - A. Blades
S: K. Kinchens - K. Washington

Woah DT is light as ****!

Advertisement
Qb- TVD, Garcia, Brown
Rb- Chaney, parrish or knighton, Thad, citizen
Wr- k. Smith or george, worsham
Wr- ladson or brinson, Horton
Wr- X or B smith,
Te- arroyo, Mallory, skinner, mammorelli
OL- Nelson, Campbell
OL- rivers
OL- Clark or Oregon transfer
OL-scaife or oregon transfer, olawuseun
OL-portal or Campbell, Olwuseun

DE- Harvey or portal, c. Williams, Moss, T Davis
DT- LT, JHH, moultrie, moten
DT- Portal, Miller, haye, Cooper
DE-Lichtenstein, Roberts, Kelly, Ishamael
LB- Chase smith, steed, brooks
LB- portal or K. Smith, Bissainthe, tac
CB- Stevenson, blades, Ivey
CB- portal, blades, graves, rogers
Nickel-couch or clarke
Striker- frierson
S- James Williams, Brian balom, Keyshawn Washington
S- kam kinchens or A. Williams, dunson, M. Williams
K- borregales
P- hedley
KR- Curtis and B. Smith
PR- George

My best guess with roster as is

Knighton 3rd on the depth chart? Explain.
Knighton, in my opinion is behind Chaney. Unless Knighton puts on weight… he will continue to struggle to run. Kid played at 174 last year. He’s not a run in between the tackle guy right now and he can’t doesn’t beat too many people to the outside. Thad Franklin is more of work horse than Knighton who can bang in between and run to the outside. Franklin avg 7.5 yard a carry last year. Knighton… just under 4.0. Knighton may faster than Franklin, but Franklin hits holes better and bring power. I like knighton at RB, but in a game of inches… I’m going with Franklin. Knighton is best as a pass catching RB.

Qb- TVD, Garcia, Brown
Rb- Chaney, parrish or knighton, Thad, citizen
Wr- k. Smith or george, worsham
Wr- ladson or brinson, Horton
Wr- X or B smith,
Te- arroyo, Mallory, skinner, mammorelli
OL- Nelson, Campbell
OL- rivers
OL- Clark or Oregon transfer
OL-scaife or oregon transfer, olawuseun
OL-portal or Campbell, Olwuseun

DE- Harvey or portal, c. Williams, Moss, T Davis
DT- LT, JHH, moultrie, moten
DT- Portal, Miller, haye, Cooper
DE-Lichtenstein, Roberts, Kelly, Ishamael
LB- Chase smith, steed, brooks
LB- portal or K. Smith, Bissainthe, tac
CB- Stevenson, blades, Ivey
CB- portal, blades, graves, rogers
Nickel-couch or clarke
Striker- frierson
S- James Williams, Brian balom, Keyshawn Washington
S- kam kinchens or A. Williams, dunson, M. Williams
K- borregales
P- hedley
KR- Curtis and B. Smith
PR- George

My best guess with roster as is
Striker left with Manny. Stop thinking Manny and Patke are here. And if Cristobal leaves T. Davis at DE I’d be shock.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So you’d put Frierson there over J. Williams and let A. Williams and Kam Kinchen play safety? SMH. Miami need to put its best players on the field at all time. Come on son.
We’re gonna use a lot of 3 safeties so James avantae and kam will be on the field a ton together. Relax bro it’s a depth chart. This isn’t who’s going to play every snap

Advertisement
Issiah Walker still on roster? Took a year off for personal or medical reasons right?

I doubt Brown leaves. He signed on knowing full well the backfield was crowded. Redding, Worsham, Hodges and Mammarelli all got passed up by younger players. They could all bail.

One thing to consider is the NCAA has not extended their immediate eligibility rule from this year to next year yet. It very well could go back to non graduate transfers having to sit out a year again. If so, that could greatly affect possible transfers.
Hmm, interesting point on extending the immediate eligibility. Never thought of that.

I think non graduates required to sit out a year would be a good thing to help get this craziness under control a bit. On the other hand, would suck if we missed the boat on the free for all and couldn't bring in any more underclassmen who would be able to play next year.

I doubt Brown leaves. He signed on knowing full well the backfield was crowded. Redding, Worsham, Hodges and Mammarelli all got passed up by younger players. They could all bail.

One thing to consider is the NCAA has not extended their immediate eligibility rule from this year to next year yet. It very well could go back to non graduate transfers having to sit out a year again. If so, that could greatly affect possible transfers.
If the NCAA does extend the eligibility rule I would expect a good sized exodus after spring ball or in the summer. I expect Cristobal to bring in quite a few players from the portal and have practically the entire team furiously competing for a spot on the 2 deep and even the roster. This entire off-season will be competition, competition and more competition. The cream will rise to the top as it always does.

Out of the possible transfers you listed above Michael Redding is one that intrigues me because of his untapped potential. Maybe this coaching change is what he needed to flip the switch.

Players in Bold are players I predict to make a huge jump in performance compared to last year.
I also expect a few of the guys below to transfer to other schools. 1-2 LB's 1 RB, 1-2 WR, 2 CB/S, and maybe 1 TE

QB: T. Van Dyke - J. Garcia J. Brown
RB: D. Chaney - J. Knighton H. Parrish - T. Franklin – Cody Brown - T. Citizen
WRx: K. Smith - J. George – I. Horton
TE: W. Mallory E. Arroyo J. Skinner
RT: (Transfer) J. Campbell - M. McLaughlin
RG: L. Sagapolu - DJ Scaife - C. Reed
C: J. Clark – L. Seymore - R. Rodriguez
LG: J. Rivers - J. Olwuseun
LT: Z. Nelson – J. Cambell or D. Scaife - I. Walker

4-2-5