2022 Early Depth Chart (total guess)

Knighton, in my opinion is behind Chaney. Unless Knighton puts on weight… he will continue to struggle to run. Kid played at 174 last year. He’s not a run in between the tackle guy right now and he can’t doesn’t beat too many people to the outside. Thad Franklin is more of work horse than Knighton who can bang in between and run to the outside. Franklin avg 7.5 yard a carry last year. Knighton… just under 4.0. Knighton may faster than Franklin, but Franklin hits holes better and bring power. I like knighton at RB, but in a game of inches… I’m going with Franklin. Knighton is best as a pass catching RB.
Just doesn't really add up at this point to put Chaney over anyone as he has not stayed healthy. Thad's stats really don't mean much considering who they were against IMO.

I think we are undervaluing Rooster here.

Advertisement
If the NCAA does extend the eligibility rule I would expect a good sized exodus after spring ball or in the summer. I expect Cristobal to bring in quite a few players from the portal and have practically the entire team furiously competing for a spot on the 2 deep and even the roster. This entire off-season will be competition, competition and more competition. The cream will rise to the top as it always does.

Out of the possible transfers you listed above Michael Redding is one that intrigues me because of his untapped potential. Maybe this coaching change is what he needed to flip the switch.
From what I’ve seen, the NCAA has made the one time transfer rule permanent

Just doesn't really add up at this point to put Chaney over anyone as he has not stayed healthy. Thad's stats really don't mean much considering who they were against IMO.

I think we are undervaluing Rooster here.
True. Not really undervaluing, but I see your point. I’m hoping for the best outta him. Especially if he can put on the necessary weight.

All of y’all got Arroyo beating out Mallory?

Why is that?
Have you not seen them? Arroyo is clearly more aggressive than Mallory, and talented. From what it looks like now though, Mallory is a better route runner. But it’s the aggressiveness from Arryo for me

Advertisement
My day 1 depth chart would be (assume everyone is healthy)

QB: T. Van Dyke - J. Garcia
RB: D. Chaney - T. Franklin - J. Knighton
WRz: R. Brinson - F. Ladson - M. Redding
WRx: K. Smith - J. George - D. Worsham
WRy: X. Restropo - B. Smith - K. Smith
TE: E. Arroyo - W. Mallory
RT: J. Campbell - M. McLaughlin (portal needed)
RG: J. Olwuseun - DJ Scaife or C. Reed
C: J. Clark - L. Sagapolu
LG: J. Rivers -
LT: Z. Nelson - I. Walker

4-2-5

SDE: E. Roberts - one of the transfers (Litchstein or Moultrie) (SMH. Definitely need another transfer) N. Kelly
WDE - C. Williams - J. Harvey - C. Moss
DT: L. Taylor - A. Haye (portal needed bad cause I don’t think is Haye really serviceable)
DT: JHH - J. Miller
MLB: S. Brooks - W. Bissianthe - T. Davis
OLB: TAC - W. Steed - A. Huff
Hybrid - J. Williams - K. Smith - G. Frierson
CB: T. Stevenson - T. Couch - DJ Ivey (🤦🏾‍♂️ Portal please)
CB: M. Clarke - K. Rogers - I. Dunson
S: A. Williams - A. Blades
S: K. Kinchens - K. Washington
Rooster behind Thad😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Striker, star, nickel, whatever you wanna call it is still gonna be here. Everyone uses it, it’s just if you wanna use a corner there or a safety/lb hybrid

Manny’s “Striker” is trash and should be prohibited from being used to describe a position on this team until the end of time.

Advertisement
The second corner spot scares me. Clarke flashed at times but also got burned a lot, Blades hasn't played football in 2 years, Couch regressed big time last year is better suited as a nickel corner, Ivey....no, and Dunson is on a milk carton. I think we badly need a veteran DB to challenge this group for the second starting job.

Advertisement
Offense
QB- TVD, Garcia, Brown, Matocha
RB- Chaney, Knighton, Parrish, Franklin, Cody, Citizen
WR X- Brinson, Ladson, Redding
WR Z- George, Worsham, Horton
Slot- Restrepo, Brashard
TE- Arroyo, Mallory, Hodges, Mammarelli, Brantley, Skinner
LT- Zion, McLaughlin
LG- Rivers, Scaife/Sagopolu
C- Clark, Sagopolu/Seymour
RG- Olawusen, Reed, Rodriguez
RT- Campbell, Walker, McCoy

Defense (4-2-5)
WDE- Harvey, Ishmael, Davis, Kelly
SDE- Chantz, Roberts, Lichtenstein
DT- LT, JHH, Moultrie
DT- Miller, Haye, Cooper
LB- Chase, Wesley, Steed, T. Johnson
LB- Brooks, TAC, Flagg, Troutman
Hybrid- Keontra, Gil, Harrell
Boundary corner- Rique, Graves, Dunson
Boundary corner- Blades, Ivey, Harris
Slot- Couch, Clarke, Curtis, Rodgers

Offense
Slot- Restrepo, Brashard
LT- Zion, McLaughlin

Defense (4-2-5)
WDE- Harvey, Ishmael, Davis, Kelly
SDE- Chantz, Roberts, Lichtenstein
DT- LT, JHH, Moultrie
DT- Miller, Haye, Cooper
LB- Chase, Wesley, Steed, T. Johnson
LB- Brooks, TAC, Flagg, Troutman
Hybrid- Keontra, Gil, Harrell
Boundary corner- Rique, Graves, Dunson
Boundary corner- Blades, Ivey, Harris
Slot- Couch, Clarke, Curtis, Rodgers
Forgot Cyrus at WDE

Advertisement
I would expect a major shake up at the LB position

-K.Smith going to see the field (I wouldn't even rule out a move to Mike?)
-Steed is adequate, and I think will be in the 2 deep (if he doesn't he will likely be gone as it's last year)
-C.Smith is going to see the field.
-Frierson?? No idea what Steele is going to do with him...If Steele plays a star hybrid type like he did at Auburn, I think it's between him and A.Williams but it is worth noting that at Auburn that star position was more nickel corner than nickel LB...That doesn't mean Steele can't tweak it if needed. He has featured a lot of different defenses over the years and has back ground in 3-4, 4-4, and a traditional 4-3...I believe his last stop at Auburn was his first 4-2-5, at least as a base.
- I don't think Flagg will last...I do think he's better than B.Jennings and is a cerebral player...He's just too slow for the ACC. Who knows though.

But I have to think that there is 1-2 players (2 deeper at worst) in the group of TAC, Brooks, Troutman, TJ, Huff...Or doers Bissainthe pass em all up off jump street? I think 1-2 emerge, and 2-3 transfer just my opinion.

Key factor will obviously be are all of these guys competing for 2 spots or 3? (If he runs the same 4-2-5 he did at his last stop, Auburn)

Offense
Slot- Restrepo, Brashard
LT- Zion, McLaughlin