2022 Early Depth Chart (total guess)

CanesDynasty

Recruit
This depth chart is a rough draft because there is no way to know who will transfer in/out or graduate early and recruits*

OFFENSE
QB - Van Dimes/Garcia/Brown*
RB - Knighton/Parrish/Chaney/Franklin/TC
WR - K.Smith/Ladson/Young
WR - George/Brinson/Horton*
Slot - Restrepo/B.Smith
TE - Mallory/Arroyo/Skinner*
LT - Nelson/Washington
LG - Rivers/Traore
C - Clark/Seymore
RG - Scaife/Sagapolu
RT - Campbell/Oluwaseun

DEFENSE (4-2-5)
DE - Mesidor/Chantz/Moss*
DT - Jackson/Miller/JHH/Moultrie
DT - Taylor/Lichtenstein/Roberts
DE - Harvey/Agude/Kelly*
LB - K.Smith/Flagg/Steed
LB - C.Johnson/C.Smith/Frierson/Bissainthe*
CB - Stevenson/Ivey/Graves*
CB - Couch/Porter/Dunson/Clarke
S - J.Williams/Harrell
S - A.Williams/Balom/Blades
S - Kinchens/Washington/M.Williams*

Transfer portal priorities at LB, CB, DE, OT

Last edited:
Advertisement
That OL depth makes me want to puke. Need at least one plug in starter on the OL and another depth player.

Also need a veteran WR, not necessarily Rambo-esque but more like KJ. I would love an impact DE as opposed to a rotational guy. Agreed on LB and CB.

Advertisement
That OL depth makes me want to puke. Need at least one plug in starter on the OL and another depth player.

Also need a veteran WR, not necessarily Rambo-esque but more like KJ. I would love an impact DE as opposed to a rotational guy. Agreed on LB and CB.
I disagree about the oline. If Nelson returns along with getting Campbell and Rivers back, I think they will be fine. Plus, I think Clark has been solid at center

So I'll assume guys like TAC, Redding, Worsham, Cody Brown, Hodges, and Mammarelli all hit the portal ?
I doubt Brown leaves. He signed on knowing full well the backfield was crowded. Redding, Worsham, Hodges and Mammarelli all got passed up by younger players. They could all bail.

One thing to consider is the NCAA has not extended their immediate eligibility rule from this year to next year yet. It very well could go back to non graduate transfers having to sit out a year again. If so, that could greatly affect possible transfers.

I doubt Brown leaves. He signed on knowing full well the backfield was crowded. Redding, Worsham, Hodges and Mammarelli all got passed up by younger players. They could all bail.

One thing to consider is the NCAA has not extended their immediate eligibility rule from this year to next year yet. It very well could go back to non graduate transfers having to sit out a year again. If so, that could greatly affect possible transfers.
I think Redding and Mammarelli in particular fill a specific role so they should consider staying but we'll see how it all shakes out post AD & coach announcements

Advertisement
Should have no problem getting a transfer WR with the year TVD had. Too bad he didn't start from day 1 14.5 yards per completion

1638105299261.png

How closely is TVD tied in his mind to Lashlee? Especially in light of the hoped-for prospect of a total program housecleaning with all that entails.

Advertisement
Stevenson is gone IMO. Marcus Clarke will continue to grow eventually being an all ACC player.
Cheaney will start over Knighton if he can stay healthy
No depth in most areas

Advertisement
I think Nelson is gone. You only have 10 players listed on offense, so I assume Smith, X and Brinson will start on offense. Need to hit that portal hard for LB depth and a starting CB. Is Blades done?
Kept hearing Blades' career was in jeopardy due to recent health issues but I noticed on senior day vs VA Tech he wasn't one of the guys who participated in the last game walk so hopefully that means he comes back.

What are the chances Garcia stays with TVD blowing up this year? I'm greedy and I want all the QBs.

Advertisement
Back