2022 Early Depth Chart (total guess)

Advertisement
Kept hearing Blades' career was in jeopardy due to recent health issues but I noticed on senior day vs VA Tech he wasn't one of the guys who participated in the last game walk so hopefully that means he comes back.
If Blades is back, we just need 1 more starting caliber corner. I hate the striker position. I don't like our safeties match up on these slot receivers. Hopefully we can back to traditional nickel back play with 3 corners on the field.

Advertisement
Based on what?
Just a guess.

But based on his improvement the final three games (after he announced he was staying) and all of his coaches leaving. He had a high ceiling before and was talked about in the first round (much earlier in his career) and comes from TE U. With a big bowl game and good combine numbers he could improve his draft stock considerably from when he announced he was coming back.

I doubt Brown leaves. He signed on knowing full well the backfield was crowded. Redding, Worsham, Hodges and Mammarelli all got passed up by younger players. They could all bail.

One thing to consider is the NCAA has not extended their immediate eligibility rule from this year to next year yet. It very well could go back to non graduate transfers having to sit out a year again. If so, that could greatly affect possible transfers.
I agree, but that OL still can't move people off the ball. I do think bringing in better coaches will go a long way in getting more out of these guys.

Just a guess.

But based on his improvement the final three games (after he announced he was staying) and all of his coaches leaving. He had a high ceiling before and was talked about in the first round (much earlier in his career) and comes from TE U. With a big bowl game and good combine numbers he could improve his draft stock considerably from when he announced he was coming back.
He played well, but he wasn't a focal point of the offense. I think a 3 game sample size is to small for him to decide to turn pro. He's clearly the #1 guy from an experience standpoint next season, so I would expect him to be featured in the offense.

Advertisement
Has there been talk that TAC is unhappy and looking to transfer? Guess I'm just surprised at everyone almost saying it's a foregone conclusion. After yesterday, wouldn't he likely be higher up on the depth chart come spring no matter who the coach is?

If Manny stays, that depth chart will look much different as I expect a bunch of the young talent to bounce.

Cant agree with any 2022 epth chart that doesn’t have George at WR1 as of today. But I reserve the right to change my mind after spring and camp next year.
The competition between George, Brinson, and K. Smith will be fun to watch. George looks so natural and fluid. I am expecting big things from Brinson too. Keyshawn shouldn't be slept on either with a larger role

Advertisement
If Blades is back, we just need 1 more starting caliber corner. I hate the striker position. I don't like our safeties match up on these slot receivers. Hopefully we can back to traditional nickel back play with 3 corners on the field.
I agree. We actually need to have enough depth through recruiting to put the multiple nickel corners out there but I would be happy to scrap the base 4-2-5.

Advertisement
This depth chart is a rough draft because there is no way to know who will transfer in/out or graduate early and recruits*

OFFENSE
QB - Van Dimes/Garcia/Brown*
RB - Knighton/Chaney/Franklin
WR - Brinson/K.Smith/George
Slot - Restrepo/B.Smith
TE - Mallory/Arroyo
LT - Nelson/Washington
LG - Rivers/Traore
C - Clark/Seymore
RG - Scaife/Oluwaseun
RT - Campbell/McLaughlin

DEFENSE (4-2-5)
DE - C.Williams/Roberts
DT - JHH/Miller
DT - Taylor/Haye
DE - Harvey/Ishmael/Davis
LB - K.Smith/Flagg/Troutman
LB - C.Smith/T.Johnson
CB - Stevenson/Dunson/Graves*
CB - Couch/Clarke/Rogers*
S - J.Williams/Harrell
S - A.Williams/Balom
S - Kinchens/Washington

Transfer portal priorities at LB, CB, DE, OT

OFFENSE
QB - Van Dimes/Garcia/Brown*
RB - Chaney or Knighton/Franklin or Brown
WR - Brinson/Redding
WR - K.Smith or George
Slot - B.Smith or Restrepo
TE - Mallory/Arroyo
LT - ??????/Walker/Washington
LG - Rivers/Traore
C - Clark/Seymore
RG - Campbell/Oluwaseun
RT - ?????? /McLaughlin

DEFENSE (4-3)
DE - Roberts/C.Williams
DT - JHH/Miller
DT - Taylor/Haye
DE - ???????/Ishmael/Davis
LB - K.Smith/Washington
LB - C.Smith/T.Johnson/Troutman
LB - Harvey/Flagg
CB - Stevenson/Dunson/Graves*
CB - Clarke/Rogers*
S - J.Williams/Harrell
S - A.Williams or Kinchen/Balom

NB - Couch/Blades

Transfer portal priorities at OT, OT, DE, DE, Traditional TE, Big CB , NG, Veteran Linebacker
I'm sick and tired of Manny's small *** defense.

Last edited:
I have no worries on O besides OL depth but the D is going to be a disaster again unless we strike gold in the portal..glaring holes at Cb, especially if TS bounces, DE and Lb..thanks manny

Advertisement
Back