NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Advertisement
He got 4 at Oregon. The new HC has already landed 1. Chip Kelly who is notorious for being a terrible recruiter that hates recruiting landed 3 5 stars in 1 less year. And Helfrich landed 2 in 1 less year. So Oregon is not as bad at landing talent as you are making it out.

I think he's got juice, but he had build his name as a HC at a P5 level at Oregon.

He was a very good recruiter at Bama, but who isn't?

He's done a good job here and gotten us a ton of buzz with prospects on campus like never before. Hope the season goes well and we get some of those guys here.

NIL is a game changer. There are going to be coaches that come up ace's on signing day, but how much will be attributed to NIL or the coach, we'll never know.

Love his energy and passion, but he has questions just like all but a handful of coaches in the land. Lots of moving parts in this crazy *** Era we find ourselves in, what can he do with them? Guess we'll see.

I think he's got juice, but he had build his name as a HC at a P5 level at Oregon.

He's done a good job here and gotten us a ton of buzz with prospects on campus like never before. Hope the season goes well and we get some of those guys here.

NIL is a game changer. There are going to be coaches that come up ace's on signing day, but how much will be attributed to NIL or the coach, we'll never know.

Love his energy and passion, but he has questions just like all but a handful of coaches in the land. Lots of moving parts in this crazy *** Era we find ourselves in, what can he do with them? Guess we'll see.
I agree with everything you said. I think thanks to Ruiz we should be landing top 10 classes no question every single year going forward.

He was a solid recruiter at Oregon too. I just think people overate his recruiting. Its not like Oregon is Texas Tech where they can't get talent. They can get talent. Chip is notoriously bad and he landed 3 5 stars in 4 years there.

Advertisement

This is an argument that you’ll never have an answer for for years. There are only a handful of proven coaches in the country. Everybody else is still trying to win the big one. Essentially every new hire is a guess and a prediction of future success. NIL can help speed up the timeline, but let’s be honest, this team isn’t good and the roster is severely undermanned.

IMO he was as good as Miami was gonna do, and he’s here for the long haul. Nothing you can do besides sit back and hope for the best.

This is an argument that you’ll never have an answer for for years. There are only a handful of proven coaches in the country. Everybody else is still trying to win the big one. Essentially every new hire is a guess and a prediction of future success. NIL can help speed up the timeline, but let’s be honest, this team isn’t good and the roster is severely undermanned.

IMO he was as good as Miami was gonna do, and he’s here for the long haul. Nothing you can do besides sit back and hope for the best.
The roster isn't good, but its better than any team in the coastal. I agree though Mario was the best we were going to get, so gotta hope him and Ruiz can take us to the next level.

I do think he was the best fit as well, not just the best we could get. I say that as a converted Lane train passenger. Still think Lane would've done wonders with this offense.

Advertisement
Appreciate u, but I think u should know I’m one of the least reactive posters on this board & look at the whole picture.

The 1st round picks? 1 was a transfer, & the other was a 1 yr starter. The whole picture under Diaz has been an unmitigated disaster., & the record is indicative of the players drafted & their draft positions. So yes, we can throw confetti on Diaz for the transfer & the guy who played one yr, but that’s what’s called an anomaly.

Regarding Mario, I was just saying this yr was the first yr of his players being draft eligible. The fact is, he’s been the HC for half of Herbert’s career, majority of Sewell’s career, & all of K Thibs career, so yeah he gets credit for all of them.

Definitely - I know you know your stuff! My comments weren't meant to be directed at you - just a general info for anyone reading this thread.

Oregon & Miami's draft classes don't look very good this year, but they did look good last year. Not trying to hyped or hate on either Critobal or Diaz - just saying there's good & bad with both.

Y’all will find a zit on Audrey Hepburn.

”Jus sayin. Could be cancer.”
ADB87611-FC54-4104-B585-E4D40C2F3C39.gif

Advertisement
He's got flaws to his game, but I thought Rambo's performance this season was worthy of a draft pick...but then he only tested like an average NFL athlete (5.84 RAS) and that requires someone to really bet on you and here we are.
Rambo will never play in the NFL, unless somehow he decides its important to him

Advertisement
Cristobal's teams weren't talented?

He just produced three top 6 picks in the draft in back to back to back years.

Quick count on Ourlads says Oregon has 18 players in the NFL during Mario's run, which includes 15 that play OL, Front 7, and CB...which is Cristobal team strengths. Also had a Top 6 draft pick at QB that is an absolute fighter pilot in the NFL. A lack of skill guys otherwise, to be fair.

Last edited:
He got 4 at Oregon. The new HC has already landed 1. Chip Kelly who is notorious for being a terrible recruiter that hates recruiting landed 3 5 stars in 1 less year. And Helfrich landed 2 in 1 less year. So Oregon is not as bad at landing talent as you are making it out.
Oregon has 12 5 stars in there history according to 247 composite and as you said 4 of the 12 was brought in by mario. Look at oregon top 20 highest ranked recruits of all time and Mario got 8 of them. The dude is elite at recruiting. This is not even including the 5 stars he got as a assistant and other highly ranked guys

Oregon has 12 5 stars in there history according to 247 composite and as you said 4 of the 12 was brought in by mario. Look at oregon top 20 highest ranked recruits of all time and Mario got 8 of them. The dude is elite at recruiting. This is not even including the 5 stars he got as a assistant and other highly ranked guys
They don't have 12 5 stars in their history. They have 13 since 2000. Which is a huge difference. In a shorter time frame Chip had landed only 1 less 5 star than Mario. Helfrich who is a joke recruiter also landed only 2 less in 1 less year. Mike Bellottis best years were before 247 existed, but even when Oregon was kind of on a down turn under him he still landed 3 5 star guys.

The guys Mario landed at Bama don't mean anything. Tons of guys suck at recruiting then magically became elite at Bama.

I don't think Mario sucks obviously, but he is not elite.

Hope this is a huge lesson to any UM juniors who think of going to NFL early unless they are sure fire 1st-2nd round picks. With Ruiz, they can all get more in NIL money, then they will as UDFA. Shame for Rambo, coulda got a six figure lifewallet deal and put up another 1000 yard season

Advertisement
Back