NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Anyone who thinks Diaz got a raw deal or didn't get enough time to succeed needs to look at this draft. Even Al Golden in his worst seasons, under the Shapiro cloud, still had 6-7 players drafted. Diaz recruited the defense for 7 years. We got one drafted in the 7th.
THIS x100.

Probably the most profound post of this entire thread.

Patrick Stewart Cheers GIF by Blunt Talk

Advertisement
Were we 7-5 solely because of Lashlee and TVD? what I mean is that how does a team with so, so little NFL talent even win 7 games?
Have you seen the teams we play?

The draft isn’t a perfect way to find out who’s the most talented team. Nobody outside of the couple elite schools have NFL guys across the board. 90% of college teams have them sprinkled in and it’s up to the non NFL guys to make up the difference. Then factor in how Qb’s matter so much. You get a good one and you’re set, get bad ones and you’re screwed. But moral of the story is yes, we are more talented than most of the teams we play.

Advertisement
I'd encourage everyone - Know the Facts & Don't Overreact. This goes for both Mario's.

Cristobal - Joined Oregon in Jan. 2017 - so his players were definitely draft eligible this year and 1 player drafted is a concern. But Oregon had 5 players drafted in 2021 which is their most in 10 years - and Cristobal was on staff when Sewell & Thibodeaux committed.

Diaz - Yes, 1 7th round draft pick in 2022 is horrible. But he was DC & HC when we had 2 1st Rd draft picks in 2021 with Rousseau & Phillips.

Look at the whole picture vs the last thing you saw.

Appreciate u, but I think u should know I’m one of the least reactive posters on this board & look at the whole picture.

The 1st round picks? 1 was a transfer, & the other was a 1 yr starter. The whole picture under Diaz has been an unmitigated disaster., & the record is indicative of the players drafted & their draft positions. So yes, we can throw confetti on Diaz for the transfer & the guy who played one yr, but that’s what’s called an anomaly.

Regarding Mario, I was just saying this yr was the first yr of his players being draft eligible. The fact is, he’s been the HC for half of Herbert’s career, majority of Sewell’s career, & all of K Thibs career, so yeah he gets credit for all of them.

Oregon only had 3 seniors as starters in the bowl game. The QB, LG, and a Safety. I don't know how many declared but you can also find a positive in Cristobal winning 10+ games with only 3 starting seniors.
Oregon has a young team which is why you kept hearing people say why would mario leave when the next 2 years they could compete for the championship

Advertisement
Advertisement
“We are so much more talented than most of the teams we face!!!”

We are Top 7 nationally over the past five years for NFL draft picks.

That number will take a hit with this year’s stinker. Manny let things slip, which is why we hit the Portal.

But, yes, we are consistently more talented than the Coastal disasters we play.

Advertisement
Rambo better than 1/3rd of the WRs drafted… he showed ability to create separation and make tough NFL level catches consistently all year at Miami. I have my money on Rambo and Mike Harley to both make an nfl roster. Harley has the type of mentality you can’t count out.

Lmao the man has been hc at fiu and oregon. How many 5 stars oregon get before him? I mean saban himself said the man was a elite recruiter
He got 4 at Oregon. The new HC has already landed 1. Chip Kelly who is notorious for being a terrible recruiter that hates recruiting landed 3 5 stars in 1 less year. And Helfrich landed 2 in 1 less year. So Oregon is not as bad at landing talent as you are making it out.

“We are so much more talented than most of the teams we face!!!”
We do have more drafted players than all the Coastal schools, even recently. Not to mention players drafted is not the only metric. Not only do we have more elite kids that go to the NFL than the rest of the Coastal, but we also have a lot more borderline kids who can't make it the NFL but are great in college. Anyway you look at it, we have much more talent than any Coastal team.

Advertisement
Back