NFL Draft 2022 Draft Discussion and post draft free agency

Advertisement
I always liked Jon Ford, so I am very pleased to see Jon Ford get drafted. Ford didn’t have a lot of fans on CIS, but some NFL exec thought he was worthy of drafting. Jon Ford has saved and extended the Canes draft streaK until next season, which should be a good draft for the Canes
He goes down in Canes folklore for that.

Advertisement
I thought Kevin Austin was supposed to be good? Isn’t he a measurables guy? He still hasn’t gotten drafted yet. Did he leave early?
He was very inconsistent and dropped balls at ND. WR was their weak spot last year. He’s Pope’s year so he was a senior with an extra year to use d’or COVID.

Cam? Udfa somewhere?
522E675F-C31C-40D2-AE65-881E13059727.gif

Appreciate u, but I think u should know I’m one of the least reactive posters on this board & look at the whole picture.

The 1st round picks? 1 was a transfer, & the other was a 1 yr starter. The whole picture under Diaz has been an unmitigated disaster., & the record is indicative of the players drafted & their draft positions. So yes, we can throw confetti on Diaz for the transfer & the guy who played one yr, but that’s what’s called an anomaly.

Regarding Mario, I was just saying this yr was the first yr of his players being draft eligible. The fact is, he’s been the HC for half of Herbert’s career, majority of Sewell’s career, & all of K Thibs career, so yeah he gets credit for all of them.
Just gotta nitpick at this...The 1 year starter would've played 2 years for Diaz, and would've been a 3-and-out 1st round draft pick if it wasn't for literally a world disaster that allowed him to skip what would've been his 2nd year. The fact that he was a 1 year phenom and dipped can't be counted against Diaz if Diaz evaluated and recruited him. Someone has to get credit for seeing what he would've become.

I really don't understand where this "Mario is greatest recruiter alive" narrative came from. He only landed a few 5 stars his entire career.
Watching MC on shows like Packer & Durham where the interviews are extended, MC comes across as having little charisma or personality. Just doesn't gibe with the "great recruiter" rep. Maybe he's 180 degrees different one-on-one with recruits.

Advertisement
Watching MC on shows like Packer & Durham where the interviews are extended, MC comes across as having little charisma or personality. Just doesn't gibe with the "great recruiter" rep. Maybe he's 180 degrees different one-on-one with recruits.
Tell me you’re clueless without telling me you’re clueless

I’m not going to lie. I was disappointed and sad watching the draft with my boys and no Miami players were being drafted. I explained to them what it was like growing up in Florida and wanting to play for Miami because you saw their players get drafted round after round after round.

Now I have to explain to them why no Miami players were drafted until the 7th round. Fortunately, they didn’t need me to explain to them where Miami is headed moving forward. They are both college football players they hear and see the excitement surrounding the Miami progrum.

I don’t know much about Mr. Ruiz and LifeWallet, but kids from the west coast to the east coast are talking about it. That bodes well for the Miami football progrum because they are slab dab right in the thick of things when it’s regarding acquiring quality talent.

Advertisement
We are Top 7 nationally over the past five years for NFL draft picks.

That number will take a hit with this year’s stinker. Manny let things slip, which is why we hit the Portal.

But, yes, we are consistently more talented than the Coastal disasters we play.
You can slice it different ways - but I actually think Manny's recruiting will prove better than Richt.

Still needs to play out - but I'd bet on Manny's 2 full classes (2020 & 2021) being better than Richt's 2 full classes (2017 & 2018)

I say this all the time - we're definitely better than other Coastal teams, but only slightly. It's a very small margin.

Miami's Overall draft numbers may look better - but in the last 5 years we have the same amount of Day 1 & 2 picks as UNC, Pitt, VT. Those are the guys that will move the needle. Day 3 guys don't.

Advertisement
Just gotta nitpick at this...The 1 year starter would've played 2 years for Diaz, and would've been a 3-and-out 1st round draft pick if it wasn't for literally a world disaster that allowed him to skip what would've been his 2nd year. The fact that he was a 1 year phenom and dipped can't be counted against Diaz if Diaz evaluated and recruited him. Someone has to get credit for seeing what he would've become.

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, my boy.

Advertisement
Back