2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement

tumblr_mlhsqorkPO1qi8a9co1_400.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
I don’t think he is a 5 star either. Not fast enough.

He does have excellent hands. Great catch radius for a guy his size. He has great vision and can make lateral cuts that will probably translate to him being a good return man. Excels in the screen game.

I’d say solid 4 star, but for 5 star at WR I’d like to see more size and/or speed.

Everyone coming at me… I’m sure you all would take Jeff Thomas over TuTu Atwell as well. I get it. I get it. Y’all get loss in these mid west kids stats. I’ll take a WRs from SFL over any so-called 5 star mid west kid. That’s just me. Y’all complain when they go off to ball somewhere else.
So you would take a Mark Pope over Jaylen Waddle?

From where are the speed concerns coming?

He ran an 11.3 100 as a HS Freshman. He ran a verified 4.61 almost 32 months ago. Is he very old for his grade or something?

His tape shows destruction of angles. Not the greatest competition in some, but the speed, quickness, and acceleration seem obvious.

Now, if people want knock him as a 5-star because of size concerns, I can see that side of it. He's wirey and probably sub 6'.

Advertisement

He ran an 11.3 100 as a HS Freshman. He ran a verified 4.61 almost 32 months ago. Is he very old for his grade or something?

His tape shows destruction of angles. Not the greatest competition in some, but the speed, quickness, and acceleration seem obvious.

Now, if people want knock him as a 5-star because of size concerns, I can see that side of it. He's wirey and probably sub 6'.
I agree. I said it on an earlier post in this same thread. Kid is destroying angles on his film. Doesn’t lose speed when he’s breaking ankles, and is as fast as he needs to be on any given play.

The recent narrative laid out by some reporters is that he’s not that fast, so now many are questioning his speed. But the tape does not lie. Kid is plenty fast.

Agree. Not terribly worried especially when you put on tape. Angle destroyer, fantastic open field moves, etc.

Advertisement

They don't just handout 5*'s like candy, but of course, CIS scouts strike again and always find something to complain about lol Give me this kid all **** day.

Agree. Not terribly worried especially when you put on tape. Angle destroyer, fantastic open field moves, etc.
Agree +2

What alot of people don't understand is how fast 4.6 is in HS. A kid in HS, who runs a legit 4.6 is the fastest guy on the field 99.9% of the time. I've seen and played with a VERY select few in HS (Florida) who ran a legit 4.5 in HS and they were untouchable. Acceleration and wiggle/change of direction is equally as important as top end speed for an elite player.

Back in the 90s FSU used to post the 40 times of their incoming freshman as they tested them when stepped on campus in August. I specifically remember ALOT of players, that eventually went to the NFL, that were supposed 4.4 and 4.5 guys in HS test in the 4.6-4.8 range.

Also, go look at NFL combine 40 times. You'd be surprised at the 40 times for some of these guys who were straight studs in college. If you just read their HS numbers and compared them to their combine #s....alot of guys got slower.

Coleman can play. Dude is fast, but like any other player, dude needs to develop in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back