2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree +2

What alot of people don't understand is how fast 4.6 is in HS. A kid in HS, who runs a legit 4.6 is the fastest guy on the field 99.9% of the time. I've seen and played with a VERY select few in HS (Florida) who ran a legit 4.5 in HS and they were untouchable. Acceleration and wiggle/change of direction is equally as important as top end speed for an elite player.

Back in the 90s FSU used to post the 40 times of their incoming freshman as they tested them when stepped on campus in August. I specifically remember ALOT of players, that eventually went to the NFL, that were supposed 4.4 and 4.5 guys in HS test in the 4.6-4.8 range.

Also, go look at NFL combine 40 times. You'd be surprised at the 40 times for some of these guys who were straight studs in college. If you just read their HS numbers and compared them to their combine #s....alot of guys got slower.

Coleman can play. Dude is fast, but like any other player, dude needs to develop in college.
He was a verified 4.61 in April of 2019! It'll soon be 3 years since that test. Ha. This is clearly a sub-4.5 kid with lots of quicks.

Advertisement
Cristobal mentioned TVD's impact on recruiting in his press conference. This is the first step. TVD doesn't have Jake's charisma but all you need to do is turn on the tape.

Jake and Jacurri should be recruiting him, too.
I agree he doesn’t quite have the charisma that Garcia has (part of that is physical appearance imo lol) but turn on the pre NC State practice interview and you see a leader with swagger that 5 star receivers should wanna play for

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Harley is not anywhere near as shifty/elusive as this kid.
His initial track times worried me a bit, but after watching his film he’s clearly faster than he’s timed.

He’s much quicker laterally & is a sharp route runner, he’s not quite a pure blazer in a straight line type of speed, but he’s without doubt fast enough & gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness.

He would be a huge add to the WR room & IMO competes day 1 in the 2-deep rotation in the Slot.

Last edited:
His initial track times worried me a bit, but after watching his film he’s clearly faster than he’s timed.

He’s much quicker laterally & is a sharp route runner, he’s not quite a pure blazer in a straight line type of speed, but he’s without doubt fast enough & gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness.

He would be a huge add to the WR room & IMO competes day 1 in the 2-deep rotation in the Slot.

He kind of reminds me of Stefon Diggs?

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back