2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
He would be a solid get at WR & help our recruiting rankings. But we have a really good group of young receivers "3 Amigos". I'd be more impressed with bringing in an upperclassman from portal. A guy with toughness, work ethic and proven hands.

Advertisement
Advertisement
His initial track times worried me a bit, but after watching his film he’s clearly faster than he’s timed.

He’s much quicker laterally & is a sharp route runner, he’s not quite a pure blazer in a straight line type of speed, but he’s without doubt fast enough & gets in & out of his breaks with suddenness.

He would be a huge add to the WR room & IMO competes day 1 in the 2-deep rotation in the Slot.
Did I miss something? The track times I saw were from 2019. His verified 4.61 40 was also from that year.

Did I miss something? The track times I saw were from 2019. His verified 4.61 40 was also from that year.

I’m not him but I suspect it has to do with expectations. Maybe as an undersized burner type, LCE expected that time to be closer to 11 as a young high schooler so that his senior equivalent time is closer to the 10.6/10.7 mark which is the great speed you’re always looking for. Instead, the kid is more like a 10.9/11 kind of kid which is still fast. Imo.

I’m not him but I suspect it has to do with expectations. Maybe as an undersized burner type, LCE expected that time to be closer to 11 as a young high schooler so that his senior equivalent time is closer to the 10.6/10.7 mark which is the great speed you’re always looking for. Instead, the kid is more like a 10.9/11 kind of kid which is still fast. Imo.
Seems hard to project freshman track times forward. Are there any examples of the progression from freshman to junior and senior year we can look at?

The verified 4.61 40 from 2019 seems much easier to project. With added development, almost 3 years later, he’s likely a sub-4.5 kid already. He’s unlikely to be Jaylen waddle, but he’s got elite feet and acceleration.

Getting Coleman on campus was a coup for Mario Cristobal, and with FSU and Texas also pushing hard the wait is on to see what will happen on Wednesday.

The feedback off his Cane official visit?

He told us the visit was "crazy" and that "I loved everything about it."

Coleman was kept busy all weekend and didn't even tour the campus until Sunday, and he says he was struck by "how nice everything is."

The bottom line with Coleman? We feel good about where things stand.

And so does QB commit Jacurri Brown, who weighed in on how Coleman's visit has gone.

"He's had a great time," Brown said. "This was his first time in Miami, it's been great. Talking with him - he's enrolling early but it sounds like he won't sign until right before he enrolls. It’s hard on guys to sign early with the switch-up happening.

"I feel we have a good chance. He has a good relationship with the Oregon wide receivers coach (Bryan McClendon) and I think he’s coming over. Talking to him, he said Oregon is a good school but it wasn’t as good a city as it is in Miami, is boring compared to Miami. I told him here everything is what you need, you can expand yourself a lot here."

Advertisement
Idk how solid Coleman to the U is but go where ? FSU? Idk SC's or Texas WR situation

Getting Coleman on campus was a coup for Mario Cristobal, and with FSU and Texas also pushing hard the wait is on to see what will happen on Wednesday.

The feedback off his Cane official visit?

He told us the visit was "crazy" and that "I loved everything about it."

Coleman was kept busy all weekend and didn't even tour the campus until Sunday, and he says he was struck by "how nice everything is."

The bottom line with Coleman? We feel good about where things stand.

And so does QB commit Jacurri Brown, who weighed in on how Coleman's visit has gone.

"He's had a great time," Brown said. "This was his first time in Miami, it's been great. Talking with him - he's enrolling early but it sounds like he won't sign until right before he enrolls. It’s hard on guys to sign early with the switch-up happening.

"I feel we have a good chance. He has a good relationship with the Oregon wide receivers coach (Bryan McClendon) and I think he’s coming over. Talking to him, he said Oregon is a good school but it wasn’t as good a city as it is in Miami, is boring compared to Miami. I told him here everything is what you need, you can expand yourself a lot here."
So McClendon is the WRs coach lol. @Cribby I think it’s been Briles for a while brotha.

Is this kid’s story similar to how Some others did in previous years? Sign on ESD but keep under wraps until some later date of announcement (AA game or something like that)? Comments are very positive. Hopefully he feels the momentum and does something like this and we win out on one of these for once. Need to set new expectations now that we are a professionally run program.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back