2022 5 Star WR Kevin Coleman Jr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree we need 3.

Next year We have projected 2 deep of Key Smiff, Brinson, George, X, B Smiff. That is a solid 5-man rotation.

Back-ups of Redding and Daz, curious to see where Malik falls in the coaching change.

If we bring in 3 that gets us to 10 scholarship players. Unless it is the right HS kid tho we may need to get a portal player.

After next year it would take a MONSTER year for Key Smiff to declare but better chance of Daz or Redding transfer if they do not get PT. Small chance we retain every WR going into a stacked '23 WR class.
And see I say bring in 3 HS kids and 1 transfer, maybe a Frank Ladson type.

I can't speak for anyone else but while I knew Rambo would help us, I didn't think he'd do what he did.....and he'd done A LOT MORE had TVD played the whole season without any handcuffs from Lashlee trying to "ease" him in.

Advertisement
And see I say bring in 3 HS kids and 1 transfer, maybe a Frank Ladson type.

I can't speak for anyone else but while I knew Rambo would help us, I didn't think he'd do what he did.....and he'd done A LOT MORE had TVD played the whole season without any handcuffs from Lashlee trying to "ease" him in.

Any word on where Theo Wease is going? I am cool with another OU transfer lol

He looks like a receptions machine. Also looks like he has long as arms, so the listed height may be a little deceptive. Honestly, I bet he could be a **** good CB — thought the same about JT.

He was a heavy FSU lean till this point, so that at least means the distance wasn’t gonna be an issue.

USC was one of his top schools as well, depending on where Riley & company have him slotted on their board they may make a push for him, but what’s turning things upside is most of the Cali kids are flocking to back USC now, so they may actually end up flipping Oregon commit Tetairoa McMillan lol

He’s not as fast as JT4, but has better hands & is more polished route runner, terrific at creating separation at the top of his routes with good stems.

But East STL MO/IL produces a sh*t ton of talent every year from schools like ESTL, DeSmet, Trinity Catholic, Lutheran North, Chaminade, Cardinal Ritter etc, that’s a recruiting pool we need to crack into.
Does he like to work and listen? Seemed to be JT4 issue

Advertisement
U mean cities that go though the natural 4 seasons? We literally have like 2-3 miserable months man. Y’all floridans over exaggerate that a little much. We have pools and ice rinks and people have been wearing shorts most of this week up here. It was just 70 yesterday.

Yeah, those 4 seasons are what everyone is moving to the sunbelt to avoid.

Can't speak to the level of competition they play, but his school just won a state title

They whooped Lutheran North, the beat Louisville Trinity, they would’ve whooped Cardinal Ritter again in state if that hadn’t lost by 1(St.Mary’s won state 55-0). They are only class 3 of 6 classes but easily the best team in Class 3 this year by far. They beat the 2019 state champions the last two years really badly. This team has been simmering for 3 years.

Last edited:
Advertisement
tbh i think the hurdle here will not be getting him to sign but instead keeping him out of the portal once he gets on campus. transition classes for new coaches in the early signing era have typically had something like a 50% turnover rate, and this will be a kid who didn't have any contact w/ Miami until a week before signing day and won't have a direct route to playing time at his position in year 1. fingers crossed, though

Not sure what about him you are thinking is overrated but he' s got excellent athleticism, very good speed, is a hands catcher, knows how to high point the ball, creates separation with his route running instead of relying on just speed. He's super sudden so his route running could get even better with some legit college coaching, his elite short area quickness is going to make him a nightmare in the open field at this level. Size isn't a strength for him but at 5'11 with some room to add a couple of pounds it shouldn't be a hindrance either.

Long story short, he's got everything you want in an elite receiver prospect minus height/weight.
Thanks for the comments guys.

I just am skeptical of the very highly rated smaller guys that are big fish in small pond that don’t go up against big strong tackling.

Love your assessment.

Advertisement
Thanks for the comments guys.

I just am skeptical of the very highly rated smaller guys that are big fish in small pond that don’t go up against big strong tackling.

Love your assessment.
Understandable. I'm not sure how legit the comp is over in St. Louis but they've been producing some ballers lately and I have buddies over there that have said in recent years St. Louis specifically has been getting bigger into youth football. My big thing when playing against lesser comp is did the player dominate. You can be a baller and play against bad comp but it needs to show that you absolutely dominated. Coleman did that and checks all of the other boxes so I am pretty confident in the type of player he is or will be.

Can't speak to the level of competition they play, but his school just won a state title

Kid is filthy in the open field. He is an ankle breaking savant. Also seems to glide when he’s running.

Seems like the type of player that is as fast as he needs to be. He destroyed angles on many of these highlights. I think that many are underestimating his speed.

Also showed strong hands and toughness for his size.

Advertisement
Season 9 Lol GIF by The Office

@htownkidd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back