2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread.

10-2

loss to Bama, beat UNC, but one ACC loss along the way somewhere
close loss vs. Clemson in the ACCCG
beat UF in a NY6 bowl

finish 11-3

Advertisement
Beating UNC is a requirement for me. I’d rather lose to ******* Dook than UNC again. Get revenge on those MFs and win the coastal.

Agreed; I forgot to mention that in my QP. That’s a requirement, A HELLA BIG requirement. That HAS to be apart of those 10+ wins.

9-4

Bama
NC
1 of MSU, VT, UVA, NC St
Bowl Game

Top 40 offense
Defense in the 60-70 range
I have to agree. Been disappointed too many times in last 15 years. News of injuries and possible suspension on the OL (see other thread) will drag offense down from its potential. Linebackers are a big question mark. I don't know if your prediction is exact regarding which games are losses. But, I agree that 9-4 is the most realistic outcome until the team proves otherwise. Of course, the prediction is voided if a miracle happens against Bama.

10+ wins, win the ACC Coastal & play in a NY6 bowl, bare minimum requirement or gtfoh.

Im of the. opinion that 11 wins is the requirement this season. 10 wins and a bowl loss will come off unfulfilling.

These are college kids, so dropping a game to a lessor opponent is to be expected, but losing another bowl game where you have 3+ weeks to prepare would be disappointing.

On balance I will say: The invisible hand will gage the success of the 2021 team. If we land the recruiting class we expect to land then the season will be a success, be it 10 wins or more.

9-3 or 8-4, I think we lose to Bama, UNC and NC state. Can’t decide if we lose to somebody like APP State after being too hype from the bama game or if we lose to Pitt or UVA. I would be excastic if we finish better but that is just my prediction.

Advertisement
Everyone has their own opinion, but if we lose to a team like Mich St at home, in the dead heat of September, that's a problem. We're more than a 2 TD fave against them right now, they're not a good football team.

A loss to someone like Pitt on the road is more likely than that imo, but the season really comes down to UNC and I want to baptize those f^ckheads for a decade to come, starting this year.

10-2 regular season, with an opening season loss to Bama (38-30)

- Slip up potentially against NC St or Pitt
- Beat UNC by 10 en route to a Coastal Title
- Lose to Clemson in the ACC Champ Game 37-24
- NY6 Bowl Appearance against UF and we dismantle those inbreeding turds 42-24, 11-3 final record

9-4

Bama
NC
1 of MSU, VT, UVA, NC St
Bowl Game

Top 40 offense
Defense in the 60-70 range
Sounds about right, 9-4 is what I got too..

L’s to Bama, UNC, a random L to a coastal team that’ll cause a ruckus on here and then of course losing our bowel game to some mid tier big10/sec school cuz that’s what we do here..
- on a positive note I think we crush Fsu

some people are saying if we win x games then x.

the OP is requesting a hard and clear prediction of wins and losses and some reasoning for your opinion.

Advertisement
9-4

losses to Bama, UNC, Michigan St. and USC (Bowl Game)

We lose to Bammer because of ole nicky boy and the refs, we lose to Mich St due to just not being prepared, we lose to UNC because Manny can't beat old man Mack and USCw we lose because we aren't strong enough to finish a season strong.

Last edited:
Fire Manny if he doesn't get to 10 wins and let's start all over and be in the same place 3 years from now.

Advertisement
11-2: 10-2 regular season with close losses to UNC and medium loss to
Bama. Have close wins again an underrated NC State and Pittsburgh. Solid win against UVA and GT (who takes a smaller jump this year). Beat the crap out of everyone else and FSU by 4 Tds.

UNC wins coastal going undefeated I conference play. We only have one conference loss but end up beating Texas A&M in a bowl game.

We end up with some more super studs by December and late signing periods and flip a couple OL and another DT.

11-1 regular season.
Loss to Bama. Close hopefully.
Any loss after that is unacceptable. Don’t give me this horseshyt about UNC. If we don’t go in and absolutely lay ******* waste to them after last year, and all the times they flash the upside down U then it’s a disappointment to me.
I think Clemson in the ACCCG will edge us.
And we beat either UF or Georgia in the OB.

12-2

Advertisement
Do we have a 2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread?

Prediction: 11-1

Reasoning (not in order of importance)

1. Top 15 Offense. Year 2 in the offense will bring us down to a top 15 offense. Last year we went from 100+ to mid 30s. We averaged 34 per points per game last year. We should average over 40 points per game this year which, based on last year's numbers, would make us a top15 team.

2. The Freshman are A-Comin'. Per McCloud (i think), they came with an attitude that didn't previously exist. They stay late, practice on their own. They are pushing those in front of them and making them better (competition). They will play meaningful snaps this year and they will contribute to our success.

3. The Original Tres Amigos. Shoop, Simpson and T Rob. The addition of the three coaches will significantly improve the defense, especially the run defense. No more Hornibrook or Spencer Sanders (OK State) looking like Heisman candidates. We will return to creating more turnovers and winning the turnover battle like previous years. In addition, they will improve the coaching culture within the program, including improving the Head Coach.
I'll go with 9-2 regular season, win the coastal, lose to Clemson but then win the bowl game. So 10-3. Miami beats North Carolina but it's so hard to not trip up in one regular season game

We might need North Carolina to lose a few games in other words so Miami can still win the coastal. I don't know what the tiebreaker is. Is it head to head first?

Really can’t believe how many think Michigan St is a problem. App St in Boone a few years ago was supposed to be a game. No excuses to lose to either, I’m also sure we drop an unexpected one, but those aren’t the ones. No way

Some of you guys selling UNC short. They have:

1. Arguably the best qb in the country.
2. 9 of 11 D starters returning.
3. All 5 O line guys back

I'm very interested to see what happens to them in Game 1 @ Va Tech.

Really can’t believe how many think Michigan St is a problem. App St in Boone a few years ago was supposed to be a game. No excuses to lose to either, I’m also sure we drop an unexpected one, but those aren’t the ones. No way
Have you not watched a Manny Diaz coached Miami team? We’ll ignore the unforgivable loses his first season.

Last season wins vs teams I consider similar to Mich St

Pitt - 12 point win
NC St - 3 point win
VT - 1 point win
UVA - 5 point win

Could have easily lost 3 of those games, so why are you surprised some think Miami could lose to Mich St? Outside of FSU, I have zero confidence Manny can have his team ready against any P5 opponent

Advertisement
Back