2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread.

Advertisement

Bama game is such a tough opener. If it gets out of hand, I'm worried (1) for our team morale going forward, and (2) about our team health. It's gonna be our most physical game of the year, and if we escape without getting embarrassed and with minimal injuries, I think 10 is definitely in play.

the good news is we have a few cupcakes after Bama that can help the team recover its confidence and gear up for the ACC schedule.

Advertisement
Our away games are Bama, UNC, Pitt, FSU, and Duke. We play UVA Thursday night at home. I don't think we lose any games at home so that basically leaves Bama, UNC, and Pitt as possible losses.

I think even if we lose to UNC we'll still go to the ACCCG, as I think they'll drop a few ACC games.

I think 10-2 with a trip to the ACCCG and a loss to Clemson in a much closer game. Go to a major bowl game and beat whoever we play.

What I hope is, if we have a 3 loss season, that 2 of those losses come against the elite programs and we played those programs close, creating momentum for 2022 and getting us to the precipice of the next level. If you offered me an 11-3 season, with close losses to Bama and Clemson, with an ACCCG appearance and New Years Bowl win I might take that right now. Sure, we could go 15-0, but realistically we are not Clemson or Bama right now and that would be overachieving.

Bama game is such a tough opener. If it gets out of hand, I'm worried (1) for our team morale going forward, and (2) about our team health. It's gonna be our most physical game of the year, and if we escape without getting embarrassed and with minimal injuries, I think 10 is definitely in play.
Isn't that the job of Diaz to make sure that doesn't happen? Do you have any confidence he can keep the team morale up? I don't

Isn't that the job of Diaz to make sure that doesn't happen? Do you have any confidence he can keep the team morale up? I don't
Agreed it's his job. App St. and Mich St. are not as easy outs as people think in my opinion, so we'll see if he can do it. But we may just win those games based on talent alone. If we can take care of business against App St., MI State, Central Ct, and Virginia, I think we'll be in a good spot from a team morale perspective going into the UNC showdown.

Advertisement
Do we have a 2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread?

Prediction: 11-1

Reasoning (not in order of importance)

1. Top 15 Offense. Year 2 in the offense will bring us down to a top 15 offense. Last year we went from 100+ to mid 30s. We averaged 34 per points per game last year. We should average over 40 points per game this year which, based on last year's numbers, would make us a top15 team.

2. The Freshman are A-Comin'. Per McCloud (i think), they came with an attitude that didn't previously exist. They stay late, practice on their own. They are pushing those in front of them and making them better (competition). They will play meaningful snaps this year and they will contribute to our success.

3. The Original Tres Amigos. Shoop, Simpson and T Rob. The addition of the three coaches will significantly improve the defense, especially the run defense. No more Hornibrook or Spencer Sanders (OK State) looking like Heisman candidates. We will return to creating more turnovers and winning the turnover battle like previous years. In addition, they will improve the coaching culture within the program, including improving the Head Coach.
Here is my head prediction, not my heart.

9-3

We're 18+ point dogs to Alabama and unless one team is a big + or - early saeson surprise we'll be a few point away dogs to UNC.

I assume we'll lose one where we are a small-medium favorite.

The Vegas over/under is at 9.5 for a reason. Whoever set that line, nailed it.

Advertisement
Some of you guys selling UNC short. They have:

1. Arguably the best qb in the country.
2. 9 of 11 D starters returning.
3. All 5 O line guys back

Their downside-----graduation/NFL wiped out their rbs and receivers. We'll see how the replacements work.

I always thought Brown was a blah coach but he's done a nice job there. Played Clemson really tough last year.

Losses to Bama, MSU, NC with a win in the bowl game. 3 losses with a feel of optimism as the defense and OL improve throughout the season

Advertisement
I think Manny is definitely banking on himself this year. I think he feels he will have a good team this year. I believe he's expecting the season success to bring in the top tier recruits to finish the class.

I'm going 11-3 winning the coastal but having 1 loss in ACC PLAY. Winning a NY6. Losses vs BAMA and CLEMSON.

I want to say 15-0 but there could still be teams who forfeit due to ACC COVID protocols.

So it may be 15-0 with only 14 or 13 real wins.

Advertisement
Back