2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread.

rsa coral gables

Malentendido
Premium
Do we have a 2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread?

Prediction: 11-1

Reasoning (not in order of importance)

1. Top 15 Offense. Year 2 in the offense will bring us down to a top 15 offense. Last year we went from 100+ to mid 30s. We averaged 34 per points per game last year. We should average over 40 points per game this year which, based on last year's numbers, would make us a top15 team.

2. The Freshman are A-Comin'. Per McCloud (i think), they came with an attitude that didn't previously exist. They stay late, practice on their own. They are pushing those in front of them and making them better (competition). They will play meaningful snaps this year and they will contribute to our success.

3. The Original Tres Amigos. Shoop, Simpson and T Rob. The addition of the three coaches will significantly improve the defense, especially the run defense. No more Hornibrook or Spencer Sanders (OK State) looking like Heisman candidates. We will return to creating more turnovers and winning the turnover battle like previous years. In addition, they will improve the coaching culture within the program, including improving the Head Coach.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Welll…you know already.
Deal Number GIF by Postcode Loterij

The Weeknd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Smackdown Live Reaction GIF by WWE

Prediction: 12-2 (ACC Coastal Champs; loss to Clemson in ACC title game; NY6 bowl game win against an SEC team)

1. I think we will be Top 15 in offense and defense standings. Has Manny ever had a defense outside the top 15 while he was DC here? Lashlee and King in year 2 will be special IMO.

2. King is in NY in December for the Heisman ceremony. Bolden, TS, Mallory, Harley and Hedley make All ACC team.

3. We finish with a top 10 recruiting class and snag the likes of Stewart, NKelly, Singletary and KWilson due to our big season.

Do we have a 2021 Regular Season Prediction Thread?

Prediction: 11-1

Reasoning (not in order of importance).

1. Top 15 Offense. Year 2 in the offense will bring us down to a top 15 offense. Last year we went from 100+ to mid 30s. We averaged 34 per points per game last year. We should average over 40 points per game this year which, based on last year's numbers, would make us a top15 team.

2. The Freshman are A-Comin'. Per McCloud (i think), they came with an attitude that didn't previously exist. They stay late, practice on their own. They are pushing those in front of them and making them better (competition). They will play meaningful snaps this year and they will contribute to our success.

3. The Original Tres Amigos. Shoop, Simpson and T Rob. The addition of the three coaches will significantly improve the defense, especially the run defense. No more Hornibrook or Spencer Sanders (OK State) looking like Heisman candidates. We will return to creating more turnovers and winning the turnover battle like previous years. In addition, they will improve the coaching culture within the program, including improving the Head Coach.
Closest thing we have is a poll thread that asked how many wins for the season to be considered acceptable progress.

Advertisement
Closest thing we have is a poll thread that asked how many wins for the season to be considered acceptable progress.

Objection. Not relevant.

Advertisement
Prediction: 10-3

we don’t go to Charlotte but we play a big time opponent in a bowl game like UF. Come out on top to get us to 10 wins.

Same, 10-3.

We lose 3 in regular season but win big in a bowl game, or we lose 2 in regular season and then lose a nail-biter to a Top 8 team in a New Years day bowl. ... I don't see us running the table post Bama because of defense. I hope I am wrong.

Advertisement
More importantly. Why the avatar change, @rsa coral gables? It was very distinct.

11-1 regular season.

why? after much discussion in various sessions with my therapist, we concluded that the avatar did not allow me to be taken seriously on this board and this was hurting my feelings more than typical rejections. we further concluded that changing the avatar to something more serious and more UM-like would more precisely represent who I am as a person, or at least the person I am evolving to. make sense?

why? after much discussion in various sessions with my therapist, we concluded that the avatar did not allow me to be taken seriously on this board and this was hurting my feelings more than typical rejections. we further concluded that changing the avatar to something more serious and more UM-like would more precisely represent who I am as a person, or at least the person I am evolving to. make sense?
That sounds pretty well thought out.

Advertisement
Without including a bowl game result….

Heart says 10-2

Brain says 9-3

Bama game is such a tough opener. If it gets out of hand, I'm worried (1) for our team morale going forward, and (2) about our team health. It's gonna be our most physical game of the year, and if we escape without getting embarrassed and with minimal injuries, I think 10 is definitely in play.

Advertisement
Back