2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Something I'd like to mention about the 2021 recruiting. If you know of any kids with options right now who are still thinking about which school to sign with, please tell them to make a decision soon as they can. College coaches have turned a lot of their attention towards the transfer portal this year and the 2021 class is going to feel it. If there's a 2021 prospect outside the top 100 who hasn't signed yet, there's a chance they're going to have to look at some alternatives. In past years a kid like Columbus' Reggie Luis (6'5" Wing 2021) who isn't considered top 100 but is considered a D1 prospect would be locked up by now, but his offers seem to have dried up some. Kid looks like he's going to have to have do something he may not have been prepared to do, which is go to prep school, juco, or even sit out a full year of schooling. The transfer portal has had a major impact on the game and it's trickled down to the HS level as well.

Something I'd like to mention about the 2021 recruiting. If you know of any kids with options right now who are still thinking about which school to sign with, please tell them to make a decision soon as they can. College coaches have turned a lot of their attention towards the transfer portal this year and the 2021 class is going to feel it. If there's a 2021 prospect outside the top 100 who hasn't signed yet, there's a chance they're going to have to look at some alternatives. In past years a kid like Columbus' Reggie Luis (6'5" Wing 2021) who isn't considered top 100 but is considered a D1 prospect would be locked up by now, but his offers seem to have dried up some. Kid looks like he's going to have to have do something he may not have been prepared to do, which is go to prep school, juco, or even sit out a full year of schooling. The transfer portal has had a major impact on the game and it's trickled down to the HS level as well.
Excellent point. The 1200 or so Portal players (still can't believe there are really that many) negatively impact some good 2021 HS prospects. Probably a carry-over effect on 2022 grads as well.

Advertisement
Excellent point. The 1200 or so Portal players (still can't believe there are really that many) negatively impact some good 2021 HS prospects. Probably a carry-over effect on 2022 grads as well.
Yes, I too think it will have an adverse effect on 2022 class as well. Maybe not as impactful as the one 2021 is seeing, but effective nonetheless. This isn't the year to wait for a bigger program to come offering. Gotta get what you can, while you can.

Like Too Short used to say, "Get in, where you fit in!"

Advertisement
Don't count out Kentucky. They're not calling him Herro 2.0 for nothing. Keep in mind, Brandon played for Team Herro last summer, as in Tyler Herro's travel basketball team. The same Tyler Herro who played for Coach Cal at Kentucky. 🤷‍♂️
Between that and hearing Illinois is heavily involved, I don’t like our chances at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back