2021 Recruiting

I caused quite a stir on Twitter last year. I mentioned how Miami should make a better effort for Josh Minott and Wesley Cardet last summer.
A source replied that Miami didn't need those two because they have Timberlake and Cross coming.
12 months later and Miami has none of the 4.
As I tried to explain to the "source" we are talking about two different recruiting cycles.
Yesterday, the "source" now tells me Robinson, Poplar and Joseph create a crowded backcourt.
That's just silly. You'd think after all the attrition and injury issues that we've encountered that we would finally realize you can never create too much depth. Stack chips, as they say. Instead, we are always left scrambling with a barren roster with no depth.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Wesley Cardet is announcing today. No idea if we are in the running for him, his recruitment has been pretty silent. I know we offered him and were recruiting him at one point. Anyone know anything on him? @Da_Lucky_One

Some of the P5 schools who offered Wes Cardet, including Miami backed down over the last few months. Seems they all had the inkling that Cardet was going to join his uncle, who's currently an assistant coach at Samford.

Some of the P5 schools who offered Wes Cardet, including Miami backed down over the last few months. Seems they all had the inkling that Cardet was going to join his uncle, who's currently an assistant coach at Samford.

Lame excuse. If I am not mistaken, he is ranked higher than both of Miami's commits.
I am not buying that one.
I am not disrespecting you @King of Allapattah.
That is just a lame excuse.

Lame excuse. If I am not mistaken, he is ranked higher than both of Miami's commits.
I am not buying that one.
I am not disrespecting you @King of Allapattah.
That is just a lame excuse.
This staff is full of lame excuses, especially when it comes to big man recruiting, in-state recruiting, and building a roster with sufficient depth.

Advertisement
If a family member is on the team's payroll, its usually a wrap; some kind of shady deal went down, and the kid's decision is already made. I don't have a problem with Jim not wasting his time in that case.
His uncle has been coaching in the college ranks for almost 10 years. Matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken he got his start at FIU.

From what I understand Cardet didn't make his mind up until the last few weeks. It came down to Illinois, Alabama and Samford. Miami dropped out a while ago. Between the lack of contact and the direction the program has been going lately, I doubt our staff would've gotten Cardet -- uncle or no uncle.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Nisine Poplar 2020-2021 highlights

Might be a stud for us

That was impressive. Nice shooting stroke, decent handle, can run and get out in transition. Didn't see many defensive highlights but not sure how he is on that end but hopefully he can provide some instant offense from day 1.

Advertisement
Back