2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Just wondering, who do you prefer?

Rafael Castro or Jonas Aidoo

In my opinion, neither could start at the 5 next season but either could be a really good player after a redshirt year.
I doubt it's a matter of either-or. I would imagine we're looking to bring in both with maybe another JUCO, a grad transfer, or another 2021 recruit upfront.

Advertisement
Neither one of our commits had an overly impressive offer list. This dude continues the trend.
I think this guy, whose films impress me, has popped to 6'10 and still might go higher. Doesn't look gawky or awkward either. And he has had offers from: Xavier, as well as Virginia Commonwealth, Seton Hall, Stonybrook, St. Peters, GayTurds, Massachusetts, George Mason, FDU, Boston U, Providence, and Dayton... and ofc THE U!!! Not to mention beggars can't be Hoosiers, if you know what I mean, at least that's what Bobby Knight said.

Advertisement
Dayton was a top 5 team this past year and Providence has been a top 25 team consistently. Anyone who thinks those are ‘weak offers’ clearly doesn’t follow CBB

Providence has been bad for 2 years now, and Dayton's success came exclusively because of Archie Miller's players. Their recruiting class this year is filled with 2* fluff and they didn't even have a recruiting class last year. That's a weak offer list any way you slice it.

Advertisement

Jusaun Holt commits on Sunday, who will get his commitment?

Ultimately, I see the race for Jusaun Holt coming down to three schools. Xavier has done a great job with the four-star forward. Holt’s former point guard, Dwon Odom, is at Xavier now and the Musketeers have built a strong relationship with the versatile wing over the past few years. If I had to favor anybody, I would give them the edge.

However, I would not want to rule out Alabama. Word lately is that the Crimson Tide are making this one very interesting, and if Holt were to decide to play in Tuscaloosa I wouldn’t be at all surprised. The third competitor here is Georgia, but in my estimation the Bulldogs may have a little work left to do if they want to land Holt.

Kinda what I expected.

Advertisement

The recruitment of Kaleb Washington appears to be pretty wide open, and if there has been talk about a leader it hasn’t made it to my ears just yet. Almost three weeks ago he put out a top 11 that included Arkansas, Cincinnati, Dayton, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Miami, Missouri, San Diego State, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest. I would expect that the two local schools, Georgia and Georgia Tech, would factor pretty heavily into the mix, but the race for the skilled four-star forward is really just getting started.

Wide open is actually a good sign for Miami.

Advertisement
Back