2021 Recruiting

It’s become really, really hard to score for opposing wings going up against Kaleb Washington. Not only is he 6-foot-7 with a long wingspan, he slides his feet as well as just about any wing in the class. That’s a lethal combo that will make him a potential all-conference caliber defender at the next level. Along with that, he’s become more confident attacking the rim and doesn’t settle for jumpers as much anymore, although he can make them at a pretty good clip. Alabama, Clemson, Dayton, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Missouri and several others have been involved here.

Given how some freshman tend to struggle defensively, finding one who has an interest in playing defense works well in regards to getting early playing time at Miami under Coach L. He would be a good big wing, which always works well in Coach L's system.

Advertisement
Haven't been on here too often but seeing interest from another 4 star is always a good thing. Not too impressed by the film but building the DMV connection is definitely important.
It seems like it is an example of who has a scholarship left. Seton Hall already has two wings committed so they are eliminated. Same goes with Georgetown and they are big game hunting with their last 2021 scholarship.
That pretty much leaves Miami and NC State.
It is not a done deal so let's not get too excited either way.
It sends an interesting message though. I know the coaching staff has some connections to kids in the DMV. However, I am not sure I believe that the 15th best kid in the DMV is better than the top 2 kids in South Florida.
Again, nothing is official at this point.

Advertisement
Miami still has its own admission standards though, no? If I'm not mistaken, its usually our standards, not the NCAA's, that are the problem for recruits.
Miami like most universities are waiving SAT/ACT for the class of 2021. I know this for a fact. My daughter is applying this year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back