2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not so fast my friend. Lee Corso.

Let's look at how FSU got to this point. Coach Ham has used all of his scholarships in multiple ways. From in-state kids, transfers, international, national and jucos.
This has literally been a 10 year process. Add in consistently winning 20 plus games and finishing in the top 4 of the ACC for a decade.
The biggest eye opener was Scottie Barnes last year after Patrick Williams the previous year. Now, his momentum has hit its peak as Coach Ham is getting his pick of the litter.
Coach Hamilton's grind has paid off.
Unfortunately L's grind was interrupted by the FBI investigation and set several years back. Now L seems to be at the end of his coaching career and our recruiting isn't what it should be after a coach has had 10 years to build something.

Unfortunately L's grind was interrupted by the FBI investigation and set several years back. Now L seems to be at the end of his coaching career and our recruiting isn't what it should be after a coach has had 10 years to build something.

I have to disagree with that statement because Coach L was the primary recruiter for Bensley Joseph for the last four months and he has committed to Miami.
The only question at this point is who are the players being prioritized by the coaching staff.
There are plenty of good players available for Miami to have a good recruiting class.
The 5 spot is the biggest need and Miami needs two 5s in this class.

Advertisement

Yes I know, another big off the board. However, he was not that high on my list.

Etienne, Reid and Kepang are still the headliners.

Last edited:
I like Coach L, but I don't think he's ever winning one at Miami. It will be interesting to see who replaces him eventually. Give me Gregg Marshall.
Would they give his son Jay a look? I'm a Cs fan and I think he's been pretty solid as an assistant coach for us. If we were to implement some of the principles of the Celtics offense/defense our team would likely benefit.

Would they give his son Jay a look? I'm a Cs fan and I think he's been pretty solid as an assistant coach for us. If we were to implement some of the principles of the Celtics offense/defense our team would likely benefit.
I don't know anything about his son so I couldn't tell you. I do like Kemba though!

Advertisement

It's not realistic to think we're going to get every kid we recruit. L is a great evaluator of talent, so it's only obvious we're going to miss more kids than we get. Wong, Beverly, Walker, Timberlake, and Cross are all great pickups. It's one thing to complain if we're recruiting kid that can't cut it in the ACC but the talent is on par and the wins have been there. I just wish he would recruit more FL kids but outside of that, he's got a great eye for talent.

It's not realistic to think we're going to get every kid we recruit. L is a great evaluator of talent, so it's only obvious we're going to miss more kids than we get. Wong, Beverly, Walker, Timberlake, and Cross are all great pickups. It's one thing to complain if we're recruiting kid that can't cut it in the ACC but the talent is on par and the wins have been there. I just wish he would recruit more FL kids but outside of that, he's got a great eye for talent.
The roster has holes in the front court, plus I don't think we're as consistently successful on the court as we should be with a coach who's been here 10 years. I don't blame L for that, though. The FBI investigation set this program back big time.

We'll see how this season plays out though. This is the second most talented roster L has had since he's been at Miami. 5 of its top 13 all-time recruits will be on the roster this season.

I have to disagree with that statement because Coach L was the primary recruiter for Bensley Joseph for the last four months and he has committed to Miami.
The only question at this point is who are the players being prioritized by the coaching staff.
There are plenty of good players available for Miami to have a good recruiting class.
The 5 spot is the biggest need and Miami needs two 5s in this class.
Coach Ham never has any trouble recruiting big men. Mostly because of his enviable pipeline to African prospects.

Advertisement
I'm sure players just love being told that they're nothing but fallback options.
It is more of the process of elimination. Each school only has so many scholarships and once they are filled, it is next kid on the list.
It is like applying for a job, it is great when they call you but do you really know if you were their first option.
Sure, they will tell you that but do you really know that to be true.

Advertisement
Back