2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you saw Rodney standing under the basket (OK, maybe moving a little bit) and somewhat open, and you had a pretty good jump shot from far out and no one in your face, what would YOU do?

Just sayin. Not really relevant to your observation. Well, maybe a bit.

(edit: of course there were other Butterfingers than Rodney involved at the time.
Take your point! wasn't implying Manu was an indiscriminate shooter. I always saw him as a nice hybrid. Not a pure 1 or 2.

His fundamentals from the Euro league he played in before he arrived at UM were better than those of many of our stateside recruits. He was a pleasant surprise to me with his on-court performance at UM. Can't have been easy adapting to a different culture, educational system, etc. while playing ACC-level competition.

Wish we'd have been able to keep him at UM for his whole career in the US.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Brewster Academy should be really good this season.

Been invested in the whole Warley situation a lot. Lots of connections to be made here. Warley and Camden are really close friends for whatever reason, Miami and Memphis are the only options where they could both play together. Camden as said in the article likes the ACC, and Memphis was a late offer for him. Speaking of late offers, out of the schools highlighted for both Warley(his top 6) and Camden(in the article), Miami was the first to offer. For Camden, we were on him in September of 2018, I'm assuming the relationship with the staff is great. For Warley we offered 4 months before Memphis, the next school to offer from his top 6. Now based on the mysterious tweet from Warley, there's a good chance it's not FSU. That would leave Miami as the ideal spot for both Warley and Camden to play together. Warley being a former teammate of Earl and Camden joining Brewster where we have found success helps a lot. Add in another piece with Kepnang, Warley's current teammate, and we have a strong addition to round out the 2021 class along with Joseph. This may be a stretch, but as I've been looking around more I've become more confident in the surprise player for Warley being Miami on Sunday, and that leading to Camden and possibly also Kepnang, or at the minimum Camden's soon to be teammate Etienne.

Advertisement
Been invested in the whole Warley situation a lot. Lots of connections to be made here. Warley and Camden are really close friends for whatever reason, Miami and Memphis are the only options where they could both play together. Camden as said in the article likes the ACC, and Memphis was a late offer for him. Speaking of late offers, out of the schools highlighted for both Warley(his top 6) and Camden(in the article), Miami was the first to offer. For Camden, we were on him in September of 2018, I'm assuming the relationship with the staff is great. For Warley we offered 4 months before Memphis, the next school to offer from his top 6. Now based on the mysterious tweet from Warley, there's a good chance it's not FSU. That would leave Miami as the ideal spot for both Warley and Camden to play together. Warley being a former teammate of Earl and Camden joining Brewster where we have found success helps a lot. Add in another piece with Kepnang, Warley's current teammate, and we have a strong addition to round out the 2021 class along with Joseph. This may be a stretch, but as I've been looking around more I've become more confident in the surprise player for Warley being Miami on Sunday, and that leading to Camden and possibly also Kepnang, or at the minimum Camden's soon to be teammate Etienne.
That all makes sense to me and it is very logical. We just need that first domino to fall to make it happen.

That would give Miami Bensley Joseph, Jalen Warley, John Camden, Frank Kepang and Mac Etienne.
That would be a home run class.
Honestly, I would not stop there. Miami has one scholarship left and I would go all out for Trevor Keels.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Oh well. The toughest part about recruiting is watching the player you wanted commit to your rival.
Ouch.

Well, we always have football I guess. I guess getting my hopes up for a 5 star on the basketball end is a pipedream. I'll just take whatever we can get at this point.

Well, we always have football I guess. I guess getting my hopes up for a 5 star on the basketball end is a pipedream. I'll just take whatever we can get at this point.

Not so fast my friend. Lee Corso.

Let's look at how FSU got to this point. Coach Ham has used all of his scholarships in multiple ways. From in-state kids, transfers, international, national and jucos.
This has literally been a 10 year process. Add in consistently winning 20 plus games and finishing in the top 4 of the ACC for a decade.
The biggest eye opener was Scottie Barnes last year after Patrick Williams the previous year. Now, his momentum has hit its peak as Coach Ham is getting his pick of the litter.
Coach Hamilton's grind has paid off.

Advertisement
Back