2021 Recruiting

Similar to what is going on with our football class, momentum is a **** of a thing. I don't know where he is going but FSU wouldnt shock me with how they are recruiting right now

Great point. Given who they already have committed and the on-court success of the program over the last few years along with the players who have been drafted, they are hot right now.

It does not mean our coaching staff is doing a bad job, it just means FSU is off to an incredible start in recruiting. Miami will still have a good recruiting class.

Advertisement

I am not sure why Miami has not offered him but maybe that will change this week.
The kid lives within an hour of campus.

Last edited:
Similar to what is going on with our football class, momentum is a **** of a thing. I don't know where he is going but FSU wouldnt shock me with how they are recruiting right now
Completely different than us in football recruiting because they have results to back it up. Would have been 3 straight sweet 16's and likely 2 b2b elite 8's. That's elite stuff.

Advertisement
What is your Mock 2021 Class, now with Warley out the picture @Da_Lucky_One

Great question, technically Warley and Keels are still options as they have not committed. I will admit, I have not heard anything positive trending towards Miami at this time.

This is my best guess:

PG Bensley Joseph
SG Nasine Poplar
SF John Camden
C Mac Etienne and Frank Kepang

Honestly. That is my best guess at this moment. I will admit though, I am still high on CG Welsey Cardet, SF Alex Fudge, Josh Minnott and Kaleb Washington along the with C Efton Reid.
Miami has 5 scholarships left as I have already credited on to Joseph.
Of course, this is subject to change and it probably will.

Advertisement
Advertisement

1. JOSH MINOTT IS TAKING OFF​

I watched four-star swingman
Josh Minott play in CP25's Virtual Player Evalution Series in June and thought that he was somebody that we may have underrated a bit. After watching him play for CP25 Red on Saturday in the Who wants the Smoke event, there's no doubt in my mind that he's at least a top 50 prospect in the class of 2021 and that may even be a bit on the conservative of things.

Down to a final five of Baylor, Florida State, Maryland, Memphis and Texas, Minott was a one man wrecking crew. He's on the slender side and needs more strength, but he was all over the place blocking shots, made high level passes to teammates for scores, finished over the top of opponents in transition and showed promise as a deep jump shooter. His rapid improvement has been one of the bigger stories of the summer and whichever of his final five ends up with him is getting a guy with significant upside who has really come into his own.

Miami could easily replace Florida State given who they already have committed. Miami needs to offer him a scholarship.

Advertisement

Miami, Indiana, TCU, Wake Forest, among many others do indeed remain involved with Camden who says that he has no clue when he will cut down or announce his commitment. His focus remains on developing his game and training.

Sounds like he is in no rush to make any type of decision.

I sorta recall Manu as a "score first" type PG as well.
I just remember him being extremely efficient while scoring. Would take 4-6 shots a game but knock down all of them. I also remember him running the offense at Baylor

I sorta recall Manu as a "score first" type PG as well.
If you saw Rodney standing under the basket (OK, maybe moving a little bit) and somewhat open, and you had a pretty good jump shot from far out and no one in your face, what would YOU do?

Just sayin. Not really relevant to your observation. Well, maybe a bit.

(edit: of course there were other Butterfingers than Rodney involved at the time.)

Advertisement
Back