2021 Recruiting

Advertisement
Advertisement

The coaches are putting in a lot of work.

trevorkeels_96162126_1107677609588681_5712622180722202795_n.jpg

From Keels' IG story. Seems like the staff is pushing the idea of the MD/VA Miami connection. Both Lykes and Timberlake reposted it on their stories. Dude's a great player, plays with the same toughness as Timberlake. Have a lot of big schools to beat out though.

He could be the first in-state high school prospect to commit to Miami since Dewan.

Last edited:
Advertisement
He'll definitely walk into some PT when he steps on campus as we have no true PG on the roster once Lykes leaves despite who L's "grooming" to take over ball handling duties.

Have you seen him play? I know he is listed as a point guard but is he really a point guard or a scoring guard in a point guard's body?
Honestly, I prefer Wesley Cardet as a lead guard.

Advertisement
Have you seen him play? I know he is listed as a point guard but is he really a point guard or a scoring guard in a point guard's body?
Honestly, I prefer Wesley Cardet as a lead guard.
No I haven't seen him play. I just saw that 247 actually had him listed as a PG instead of CB. They usually do a good job of identifying combo guards separately. But honestly in today's game there aren't many true facilitator PG's left. All guards seem to be score first guards.

No I haven't seen him play. I just saw that 247 actually had him listed as a PG instead of CB. They usually do a good job of identifying combo guards separately. But honestly in today's game there aren't many true facilitator PG's left. All guards seem to be score first guards.

Good point. In the one highlight I saw of him, you guessed it, he was scoring the basketball.
Wesley Cardet is not your prototypical PG either. He is more of a lead guard than a combo guard.
Meaning, he does pass the ball quite well and he does facilitate the offense. He is 6'6 so that is a plus.
Another facilitator Miami is recruiting is Quincy Allen. He is listed as a SF from DC but he can also facilitate to offense, kinda like Bruce Brown did for Miami in 2017.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back