2021 Recruiting

Given that Miami still has two scholarships left, they could use them on two kids from the 2021 class who reclassified to the 2020 class.

Advertisement
Evan Daniels (@EvanDaniels) Tweeted:
Four-star 2021 recruit Nnanna Njoku will make his college choice this evening at 7:00 ET, he tells @247Sports. Ranked as a top 100 recruit in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.

It will be interesting to see what school he chooses and what year he plans to graduate.

Last edited:
So what needs do you see for the 2021 class as most pressing? How would you like to see the scholarships distributed, position-wise?

So what needs do you see for the 2021 class as most pressing? How would you like to see the scholarships distributed, position-wise?

With 5 scholarships, the easy answer is to take one of everything.
There are a lot of talented wings in the 2021 class so it will be interesting to see which way we go.

Advertisement

I am seeing a pattern forming. There are several 2021 kids who will reclassify to the 2020 recruiting class.
Miami is recruiting a few so that may be the direction the coaching staff is moving with those two available scholarships.

I'd love another big man and true PG if possible with a couple of those 21 to 20 kids.

From what I have read, Miami has mostly been mentioned with big men from the 2021 reclass kids.
The good part is that Miami still has 5 scholarships for the 2021 recruiting class so if they do use all 7 scholarships, they can overhaul the roster and update the overall talent on the roster.

Advertisement
Daniel Batcho who Miami was recruiting committed to Arizona. I love what Arizona did in an atypical recruiting year for them - took 3 international recruits. I feel like Miami could have a bigger impact in that world if coach L pursued it

Miami is involved but I don't know how serious it is with him.

This is no disrespect to you, Lucky; just an observation because I appreciate all the info you post.

But it doesn't seem like we know how serious Miami is with any recruits at this point. A lot of "Miami has been in contact with X-recruit" but does that mean he's been offered, or are we just keeping communication lines open?Guess we'll find out how serious Miami is once visits can be made.

Advertisement
This is no disrespect to you, Lucky; just an observation because I appreciate all the info you post.

But it doesn't seem like we know how serious Miami is with any recruits at this point. A lot of "Miami has been in contact with X-recruit" but does that mean he's been offered, or are we just keeping communication lines open?Guess we'll find out how serious Miami is once visits can be made.

How serious is the question I cannot answer nor do I try. I always read the article and see what the recruit says about the school. When I don't see the school mentioned, I don't think it is a good sign.
I think they have offered him already but where he is on the priority list is unknown.

Finalist is a good start. Time to close the deal.

Just watched an interview with him on another site speaking about his top schools (which had Wake instead of Georgetown guessing he switched it when Manning got fired)

He said Coach L texts him everyday sometimes multiple times a day. He used to watch Chris Lykes when he was younger and Lykes told him his dream school was Miami and has been watching Miami ever since (he said around 9 years old).

Advertisement
Just watched an interview with him on another site speaking about his top schools (which had Wake instead of Georgetown guessing he switched it when Manning got fired)

He said Coach L texts him everyday sometimes multiple times a day. He used to watch Chris Lykes when he was younger and Lykes told him his dream school was Miami and has been watching Miami ever since (he said around 9 years old).

Great stuff. Can you post a link to the interview?
Like you, this was the first confirmation between on how serious Miami has been with him.

We just had this talk yesterday about which prospects Miami is really in it for. Good to see we've made the top 4 for a top 50 recruit.

I remember. I try to post actual and factual information. I want to avoid the fake news as much as possible.

Advertisement
Back