2021 Recruiting

He said Miami hasn't been in contact recently. Only thing he really said was that he liked the atmosphere when he visited for the Duke game, even though we lost by 33 lol. Sounds like we're not pushing too hard. Stock, the reporter, said in the comments that he expects Miami will get involved in the recruitment at some point. The only two schools that Cardet mentioned were Bama and Maryland, so at least we're not competing with blue bloods.
I guess I'd call Maryland at least a "semi-Blue Blood." They've won an NCAA Championship this Century, have done well in the B1G 10, have one of the nation's best facilities, and usually have top-rated recruiting classes.

Advertisement
Wow would be happy to get a Mass pipeline down with players like Cross and Joseph. I'm from Mass, and while it's pretty dry for basketball recruits there are a couple of good ones. I believe Bruce Brown from a couple of years ago is also from the Boston area. Joseph is from Arlington, I lived there as a child, right near Boston. No offer from BC for some reason, but if Bruce Brown gets in his ear we should get his commitment.

Thompson becomes the first member of Boston College’s 2021 class. They will likely go the point guard route next as they remain involved for four-star guards Bensley Joseph and Carter Whitt.

BC is involved with Bensley Joseph. I didn't think the coaching staff at BC could afford to overlook such a talented local player.

Thompson becomes the first member of Boston College’s 2021 class. They will likely go the point guard route next as they remain involved for four-star guards Bensley Joseph and Carter Whitt.

BC is involved with Bensley Joseph. I didn't think the coaching staff at BC could afford to overlook such a talented local player.

Carter Whitt is from NC originally, going to Brewster this year though, along with Mac Etienne and Zaire Wade. Speaking of Wade, I think he's worth going after hard. He is talented enough to play D1 even if he progresses slowly compared to other players. He also has big media pull, we need to get some hype to Miami's basketball program. Brewster pipeline and his dad being a Miami icon makes him a good fit. Looking at 247 there only seems to be "interest" in TCU. He would ideally play SG with his size and skillset. It seems like a gimme situation and we have 5 scholarship offers if I remember correctly, so why not? Also he could see a rise in rankings if he plays well at Brewster, so it's better to get on him early before bigger players get involved. We have offered him I think, but I'm not sure how hard we're pushing.

I know Coach L has talked about position less basketball so if they are recruiting bigger wings with the intent on doing that then he and Josh Minott should get scholarship offers.

Advertisement

Gabe Dorsey was primed to have a big summer and prove his value as one of the top wing players in America. With no travel ball yet for him with Team Durant, the Hill School product is putting more focus into his recruitment.

A shot-maker from deep, Dorsey is down to a final eight of Harvard, Miami, Penn State, Providence, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech, Wake Forest and Xavier.

I wouldn't name a leader for him just yet, but it is important to note that Dorsey's older brother Caleb Dorsey will be a freshman at Penn State this year. That certainly helps their case. Also thought to be doing well with him are Harvard and Vanderbilt because of how big a factor academics are expected to be in his decision

Advertisement
Interesting to see the bit about him possibly reclassifying. I know it might be a long shot but if HS basketball is cancelled in Florida, it's possible.

He is playing on the post grad team at IMG with Efton Reid. It is possible both could still reclassify.
Given that travel basketball is occurring in FL, I think they will play high school sports this season.
The only restrictions will be the number of fans at the game and how fans are handled coming to the games.

He is playing on the post grad team at IMG with Efton Reid. It is possible both could still reclassify.
Given that travel basketball is occurring in FL, I think they will play high school sports this season.
The only restrictions will be the number of fans at the game and how fans are handled coming to the games.

Gives me hope for the college basketball season happening at least.

Another wing who will soon be off the board. I expect Miami to offer a few other wings soon.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Lynn Kidd’s potential reclassification

We are talking about two different ballgames depending upon whether Lynn Kidd jumps into the 2020 class or not. He had planned on returning to IMG Academy for one more year of prep ball, but seeing that is he is already eligible for college and has graduated from high school, the idea of playing college basketball this upcoming season has become intriguing.

If he decides to go that route, Wake Forest is the heavy favorite. No one has pushed harder for his early enrollment than the Deacons and with a chance to start at the center position an attainable opportunity, Wake would be hard to beat if 2020 is the way that he goes.

If he remains in the 2021 class, the chances that Wake Forest would land Kidd becomes much more difficult. Florida and Miami are two that could make a run at things with the in-state prospect. A few other regional programs in the mold of Alabama, Auburn, Georgia Tech and Ole Miss must be monitored, while Clemson and Virginia Tech also just offered

He will likely make a decision in the coming weeks if he will be going to college this fall or wait a season, with the whispers indicating he wants to go this fall.

Interesting as Miami still has one scholarship available.

Advertisement
Back